Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Sol changes

  1. #11
    Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,272
    9
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 945
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Wow

    Its almost like

    Gods are nerfed based on how strong they are at a given time

    Not how many times they've been nerfed before
    do you realize, that all balance changes she got from her very release was ners? the only real buff she got was ult damage buff. and how exactly she can be too strong after all those nerfs? i know she was OP at release. but they nerfed her a lot and in S3 she was allready fine. in S4 they nerfed her again, ok, lets say i can belive she was fine after those nerfs... but how can it be, that she is OP again in this season without getting buffs in past? if she is too strong after meta changes, regardless she wasn't buffed, it means all those gods, who were balanced too, become too stong aswell, isn't it? in this case we would see all gods from her tier and above getting nerfed? like 20 gods or so? did you see this? im not...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

  2. #12
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    do you realize, that all balance changes she got from her very release was ners? the only real buff she got was ult damage buff. and how exactly she can be too strong after all those nerfs? i know she was OP at release. but they nerfed her a lot and in S3 she was allready fine. in S4 they nerfed her again, ok, lets say i can belive she was fine after those nerfs... but how can it be, that she is OP again in this season without getting buffs in past? if she is too strong after meta changes, regardless she wasn't buffed, it means all those gods, who were balanced too, become too stong aswell, isn't it? in this case we would see all gods from her tier and above getting nerfed? like 20 gods or so? did you see this? im not...
    Items have changed. A lot. And I don't see her becoming any less of a top tier pick than she is now.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,272
    9
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 945
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Items have changed. A lot. And I don't see her becoming any less of a top tier pick than she is now.
    other mages use same items. i still don't see other decent mages got nerfed because of item changes...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

  4. #14
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    other mages use same items. i still don't see other decent mages got nerfed because of item changes...
    And it affects every mage differently. For example Zhong Kui loves this change cause his scalings aren't that high. And did you just call one of the top mages decent? You downgrade your only god in your posts so much, hoping for her to get buffed back to OP status so you can own with her.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tall grass, P = x / 187.5
    Posts
    7,941
    26
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,277
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    do you realize, that all balance changes she got from her very release was ners?
    Nerfs and buffs are not the only things that affect how a character preforms in a meta. Item, composition, and playstyle meta changes have left Sol in a strong position regardless of how many times she got nerfed.
    the only real buff she got was ult damage buff.
    If she did get a buff, your original argument of "All of her balance changes since release have been nerfs" is moot. If you are exaggerating, exaggeration has no place in balance discussion as it is misleading.
    and how exactly she can be too strong after all those nerfs?
    If God A is nerfed 20 times, yet all of the items that God A builds get buffed, would God A be considered good or bad? Item changes and meta changes can be considered buffs to a god's performance, even if said god is constantly being readjusted.
    i know she was OP at release. but they nerfed her a lot and in S3 she was allready fine.
    Considering I've heard much about how you constantly complain about any nerf to Sol regardless of how strong she is, you yourself disagree with your own statements.
    in S4 they nerfed her again, ok, lets say i can belive she was fine after those nerfs...
    You couldn't believe it in S4
    but how can it be, that she is OP again in this season without getting buffs in past?
    Item changes making her stronger. Meta changes allowing her to properly act as an ADC. Hunter changes reducing the major competition for her in duo lane.
    if she is too strong after meta changes, regardless she wasn't buffed, it means all those gods, who were balanced too, become too stong aswell, isn't it?
    This is assuming the specific changes that bring Sol into the limelight affect other gods in the exact same way. However, Anubis is not affected by the hunter nerfs because Anubis does not play ADC, nor does he attempt to box them when laning against them in duo lane. Your argument can be simplified as "If the meta made Sol strong, shouldn't it have made other gods strong?" Thus you are trying to argue why Sol should not be nerfed because "meta changes affect everyone." The problem is they didn't affect others in the same way they affected Sol.
    in this case we would see all gods from her tier and above getting nerfed? like 20 gods or so? did you see this? im not...
    Sometimes it's not as simple as just "nerfing" them. Just as well, who are you to say what gods require balance changes? Last I checked you were the person who constantly cried wolf about Sol being underpowered every time she got a nerf to put her in line after yet another meta shift made her an exceptionally powerful pick.
    Who else is hyped for Zeraora
    Despite all appearances, I am not, in fact,
    an onion.

  6. #16
    Member Worshipper Saerireth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    319
    3
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    they keep nerfing her even after all those nerfs she already got. ffs, there is no another god in this game who got that much nerfs in such a short time... we got a bunch of realy broken gods in this game, but they still nerf Sol, nice job, Hi-Rez.
    They haven't changed one thing about her since january when all mages got the flatline mag protection, and before that was september, and all they did was give her the targeter for her explosion.
    And before that was last april when they buffed her by removing in-hand penalty for holding stellar burst.

    And I'm reading all of this off of the change log on her wiki page, which was updated to reflect the most recent nerf to her passive.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,272
    9
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 945
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    And before that was last april when they buffed her by removing in-hand penalty for holding stellar burst.
    im sorry, buffed? it was a fix, not a buff. her 2 used to be a stim ability up to 3.1 patch, when they removed all in-hand procs from it. basic attack penalty should be removed in the same patch due to this ability is no longer a stim ability and shouldn't have this penalty aswell as in-hand procs now. but they didn't remove it untill 4.7 patch, which is obvious mistake. so this change was a fix, not a buff. omfg, why do ppl keep saying, like they didn't remove basic attack penalty from her 2 in 3.1 for reason, even when a child can understand there was no reason for it and they just forgot about it?
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 04-15-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

  8. #18
    Member Worshipper Wildstreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    272
    3
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Rep Power
    1
    Sol stats after 4 weeks of EU and NA League play

    63% Pick/Ban rate EU Pros 12-17 of 46 matches
    82% Pick/Ban rate EU Minors 23-13 of 44 matches
    80% Pick/Ban rate NA Pros 24-13 of 46 matches
    77% Pick/Ban rate NA Minors 16-14 of 39 matches
    75% Pick/Ban rate Total all 4 Leagues 75-57 of 175 matches
    Used in 43% of 175 Matches

    EU Pros
    Midlane Picks - 6
    ADC Picks - 6

    EU Minors
    Midlane Picks - 12
    ADC Picks - 11

    NA Pros
    Midlane Picks - 6
    ADC Picks - 18

    NA Minors
    Midlane Picks - 7
    ADC Picks - 9

    Total
    Midlane Picks - 31
    ADC Picks - 44

    Why does Sol need a buff?

  9. #19
    Member Follower Yuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    222
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    2
    Sol is not even bad after the nerf to her passive and I still see her getting banned/picked a lot in ranked.

    And even if she becomes bad after awhile so what. She's been op/strong for most of her life in Smite and she could use a break from being so good. There is a reason she keeps getting nerfed and it's not because she is bad. Hell, she even has one of the few MVP god skins in the game from S2 Worlds.

    I would also like to add this is coming from someone that played a lot of Sol in S3 as ADC and mid in S4.
    Last edited by Yuls; 04-16-2018 at 06:01 PM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,272
    9
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 945
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Sol stats after 4 weeks of EU and NA League play

    63% Pick/Ban rate EU Pros 12-17 of 46 matches
    82% Pick/Ban rate EU Minors 23-13 of 44 matches
    80% Pick/Ban rate NA Pros 24-13 of 46 matches
    77% Pick/Ban rate NA Minors 16-14 of 39 matches
    75% Pick/Ban rate Total all 4 Leagues 75-57 of 175 matches
    Used in 43% of 175 Matches

    EU Pros
    Midlane Picks - 6
    ADC Picks - 6

    EU Minors
    Midlane Picks - 12
    ADC Picks - 11

    NA Pros
    Midlane Picks - 6
    ADC Picks - 18

    NA Minors
    Midlane Picks - 7
    ADC Picks - 9

    Total
    Midlane Picks - 31
    ADC Picks - 44

    Why does Sol need a buff?
    pick/ban rate means nothing, what about her average kda? average damage in the match? pick/ban rate shows only how popular god is, not how good god is.

    and btw, i didn't say she need a buff, i said this nerf wasn't nessesary... especially after we saw how Hi-Rez "balance" her, all those nerfs can do only one thing - make her trash after next meta shift.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    And even if she becomes bad after awhile so what. She's been op/strong for most of her life in Smite and she could use a break from being so good.
    and this is real problem of this game. i mean ppl like you are. balance doesn't mean if some god was strong, he/she need to become weak. balance means all gods should be at the same level of strenght.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •