The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord__Hazanko View Post
    "Anubis needs a buff"

Lol. My man has jokes. Good stuff.
    It's true though. Anubis sucks.

He's a pure glass cannon though, he can dish out a TON of damage, especially with his ult.

The thing is, anti-heal cripples his defence (His ridiculousness with Lifesteal) and his ult makes him a sitting duck ripe to be blown up by literally any other mage who's probably gonna one shot him with like Final Judgement, Kraken, Searing Pain, Through Space and Time, I'm a Monster!, Spirit of the Nine Winds... etc.

Not saying anything about any other gods that can destroy him if he tries to ult (I do it all the time with Merc for example... He ults, I LMB he melts to my crits)

All this, before he has chance to actually kill anyone with his ult.

Standing still in a game where almost everything is a skillshot is a good way to get dead, even if theoretically when no-one buys anti-heal you can sustain like 200% of your healthbar in a second of any of your skills.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Instead of flat damage changes, a rework would service him better. His design is really awkward as it stands, so it makes more sense to re-evaluate what defines his identity as a character and shift around everything else so he's not a one-trick pony.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lord__Hazanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    He feels perfectly balanced to me. In a game with almost 100 gods Anubis fills a unique roll just fine. Enormous damage potential but frail. Hes a true glass cannon. You know what youre gonna get with Anubis. You either snowball and destroy everything or fall behind and struggle. Either way his set up fills a perfectly fine roll. Not every god needs to be good at everything. Thats what makes them unique and different and fun to play.
    A knight without armor in a savage land

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm kinda with hanzanko on this one. Goobis is one that you kinda need to plan around, but he's not the only one like this. You're kinda gambling with a Goobis, but aren't you gambling with every team comp? Goobis is good at what he does, but suffers from being immobile. Is that aproblem, or a trade off? I think it's the later, which is important for the health of a game. You can balance around it, you can buff other items without breaking them, and there is counter play, and common counterplay.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    i think anubis does pretty well. he one have to do his 3 2 1 or 3 2 4 combo and your dead.

i mean whenever i play him i most of the time winns cause his damage and heal is insane.

and for the ones which speaks about antiheal....
    1. its only 40% 2. they most of the time buy it in late game 3. than i ask you whats with gods like aphro, change, hel, sylvanus,... they " cant" do then anything either?
    for some weeks i posted an post about aphrodite and the most people said that when her healing is down she does an great amout of damage. anubus does way more so yeah.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenadragon View Post
    i think anubis does pretty well. he one have to do his 3 2 1 or 3 2 4 combo and your dead.

i mean whenever i play him i most of the time winns cause his damage and heal is insane.

1. its only 40% 2. they most of the time buy it in late game 3. than i ask you whats with gods like aphro, change, hel, sylvanus,... they " cant" do then anything either?
    for some weeks i posted an post about aphrodite and the most people said that when her healing is down she does an great amout of damage. anubus does way more so yeah.
    You necro'd a post that end 5 months ago, GG
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenadragon View Post
    Well, the same can be said about every god. If they do their combo, you're dead.

That's literally how gods are designed. The trick comes in how easy it is to counterplay them doing their combos.

To which Anubis suffers from the fact that 2/4 of his entire kit requires him, a squishy mage, to stand perfectly still for several seconds. Which makes him incredibly susceptible to being focused down by everyone else's skill shots (While they can move out of his damage)

Anecdotal evidence isn't particularly enticing. Especially when I can offer anecdotal evidence of every Anubis I've played with/against doing poorly because the enemy team isn't idiots and counter builds him.

1. its only 40%
    If only one item is purchased yes.

If more than that is purchased (Such as a Pestilence/Divine Ruin/Brawlers and maybe even a Toxic Blade/Cursed Ankh) then you're looking at 65%-100%+

2. they most of the time buy it in late game
    If they're bad, yes. Good players build anti-heal early when they see gods that necessitate it.

3. than i ask you whats with gods like aphro, change, hel, sylvanus,... they " cant" do then anything either?
    Aphro has extra movement when linked to a target, has a knockback on her Back Off skill, has immunity to damage and CC effects with her ult and gets bonus protections from being near other gods.

Chang'e has immunity to damage and CC with her Moonlight Waltz skill, gets additional movement speed whenever she uses an ability and her ult is a large AoE stun.

Hel gets additional protections in her Light stance, can cleanse herself to make her immune to CC for a short period with her Cleanse skill and she can get additional movement speed from her Inspire skill.

Sylvanus grants protections with his Wisps.

Anubis' entire defence is his ability to self sustain through lifesteal. This is supposed to make up for the fact that he's not only immobile in terms of the overall usage of the term referring to a lack of mobility skills (Such as how Zeus/Baron are immobile mages) but also actively roots himself to cast 2/4 of his abilities.

Now, it used to be that people would buy Asclepius on him to mitigate the effect of anti-heal, but the item has since been reworked so that it no longer affects Lifesteal (Or any other non-ability based healing).

As such, he's in a spot similar to pre-patch Vamana, where anti-healing as a byproduct manages to negate a significant portion of his survivability despite him not actually using healing skills. A problem I once made a thread to try and address a while back to stop anti-heal being a one size fits all with the only counterplay being Asclepius...

for some weeks i posted an post about aphrodite and the most people said that when her healing is down she does an great amout of damage. anubus does way more so yeah.[/QUOTE]
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I faced Anubis + Fafnir in duo, that was a nightmare.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Cupidhead MordridtheBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    How to buff Anubis in easy steps;

1) Build Power, Pen, Lifesteal and CDR
    2) Land skill shot
    3) Combo abilities properly
    4) Kill the enemy God

congrats you've buffed Anubis