Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Season 5 isn't fun

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    I've been playing Smite for several years now and love the game.

I was excited about season 5 but overall, doesn't seem fun.

-Guardians get destroyed late game regardless of health or defense

- Mages have to much going on. Health, healing, AOE damage. Kuzenbo is pretty much worthless.

-Matchmaking is super super bad. Solo Q throws me with low level guys who are overall bad. Ever game. I'm level 143, why are my teamates level 16? Or 80? I can't win with this.

What are your overall thoughts? Don't make this a bitch fest. I want legit thoughts on S5.
    Might be something else. Guardians seem to do quite well due to all their CC.

I presume you are talking Conquest, I play that very rarely but even there, just go watch some of the Mixer League streams going on. Guardians live quite long, fave picks include Cerberus, Athena, Sobek, Artio, Geb, Fafnir, Kumbhakarna and Terra. Which one depends on your team comp, certain Guardians do better when on the same team as certain non-Guardians. All listed except Geb and Fafnir have also seen use in the Solo lane. Kuzenbo showed up twice yesterday in NA Minors and did well also.

There have also been a few oddballs used as Supports like Amaterasu, Fenrir, Hel and Nox.

Mages mainly center on Thoth, Sol, Janus, Discordia, Nu Wa with some European Ra thrown in.

You also should wonder about builds.

Matchmaking is not done by account level at all.

Outside Conquest where I usually play:

Arena - Some people do not play the mode at all. ADCs who ignore minions letting them reach portal, non-ADCs who kill minions too much and worst of all is the hard time you can have building stacks, even after telling your team you are doing it they will kill minions making it take longer to get your stacks and benefits up.

Clash - Become more like Arena with lanes and almost no one wards.

Joust - used to enjoy in Season 4, not fun in S5 early so I ignored it, may try again to see if anything changed but Warriors tend to die easy here.

Assault - fun partly due to random god choice though you occasionally get that one player who rerolls for no reason and messes up the team comp.

Siege - not touched since Season 4, was hard then too but I was also new.

MOTD - depends on which one it is.

Time of day also matters. I am in EST.
    Mornings usually get players who play more squishies and a lot of Spanish speakers.
    Afternoon most toxic people online.
    Evening most competitive.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Arena - Some people do not play the mode at all. ADCs who ignore minions letting them reach portal, non-ADCs who kill minions too much and worst of all is the hard time you can have building stacks, even after telling your team you are doing it they will kill minions making it take longer to get your stacks and benefits up.

Clash - Become more like Arena with lanes and almost no one wards.

Joust - used to enjoy in Season 4, not fun in S5 early so I ignored it, may try again to see if anything changed but Warriors tend to die easy here.

Assault - fun partly due to random god choice though you occasionally get that one player who rerolls for no reason and messes up the team comp.

Siege - not touched since Season 4, was hard then too but I was also new.

MOTD - depends on which one it is.

Time of day also matters. I am in EST.
    Mornings usually get players who play more squishies and a lot of Spanish speakers.
    Afternoon most toxic people online.
    Evening most competitive.
    First of all, you can't kill too much minions in arena. And stacking is always gonna be hard there, thats why i mostly don't bother. Clash has always been arena with lanes, except it takes twice as long since phoenixes take ages to kill. Joust is cheesefest, it's basically He Bo/Zeus/Nox/Anubis-Hou Yi/Anhur/Ullr-any tank. Assault is camping simulator and you always get gods you can't play with. Siege is okay, better than most modes. MOTD is cancer incarnate.