Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 5 isn't fun

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Season 5 isn't fun

I've been playing Smite for several years now and love the game.

I was excited about season 5 but overall, doesn't seem fun.

-Guardians get destroyed late game regardless of health or defense

- Mages have to much going on. Health, healing, AOE damage. Kuzenbo is pretty much worthless.

-Matchmaking is super super bad. Solo Q throws me with low level guys who are overall bad. Ever game. I'm level 143, why are my teamates level 16? Or 80? I can't win with this.

What are your overall thoughts? Don't make this a bitch fest. I want legit thoughts on S5.
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Matchmaking has been terrible in pretty much every season now. I have started to think that the bad matchmaking is actually good match making which leads me to be super excited whenever I get REALLY good match making once in a while, It made me a happier human.

Conquest Season 5 is not meant to be fun.

Mages having a lot going on for themselves is a good thing as opposed to them only having one thing going for them that can be done just as good by guardians.

That being said, whenever Mages are good, Guardians are usually not so far off.

When Mages are good, Kuzenbo excels.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    What you mean is that tanks get destroyed late game. You can build guardians little more bruiser-ish and they should do just fine. Also, lvl 80 might belong on your game, matchmaking is more about skill level than actual level.

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There are more skins than balance changes, which could be okay if not for cell-shading (hello is this 2010?) anime-esk bullshit and tired tropes and CHESTS CHESTS CHESTS. Still no ullr nerf, no da ji nerf, no crusher nerf, every single gamemode besides conquest is more broken and unbalanced than it has ever been before and conquest itself is barely holding up, just barely though. Bugs that plagued me for years and have been reported to support numerous times aren't fixed and support doesn't give a shit.

The game is still fun, but it gets irritating far more times than I would like it to, and it honestly feels like hirez are trying to milk as huch money as they can untill the game slowly dies. And if they maintain current course the game IS going to die, not even that soon, ofcourse, but it is. I personally think they need to make some big, very big changes, update the engine, completely revamp the looks, there is a ton of balance changes to be made, a ton of updates to skins and models, a ton of everything, basically. But it's never gonna happen since they are too busy with making battle-royale ripoffs and cheap mobile games and all manner of other crap. They almost managed to ruin paladins even, lul.
    Last edited by SkinnydreaD; 04-08-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Kuzenbo IMO is garbage. Lifesteal is one way to counter him and with mages healing on top of building health, he falls off.

@outso. I'm not going to brag about what ranked level I play at but it's much higher than average. In almost every game I'm top everything on my team regardless of class I play.

Last game I played had a few level 60-80s while the other team was all 140s-155. We got our dicks kicked in and couldn't do anything about it.

If this ^ were every so often, fine. But it's over 90% of the time now.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Kuzenbo IMO is garbage. Lifesteal is one way to counter him and with mages healing on top of building health, he falls off.

@outso. I'm not going to brag about what ranked level I play at but it's much higher than average. In almost every game I'm top everything on my team regardless of class I play.

Last game I played had a few level 60-80s while the other team was all 140s-155. We got our dicks kicked in and couldn't do anything about it.

If this ^ were every so often, fine. But it's over 90% of the time now.
    Theres not that much healing, not every mage goes lifesteal. And the harder they hit, harder Kuzenbo hits back.

And yet again, level doesn't mean jackshit after a certain point. I've seen lvl 50 players be better than lvl 150.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I don't know what game you are playing, but tanks right now are still pretty damn good and fuck over Hunters hard. I'd rather have a second mage or an assassin or a warrior than a Hunter if it isn't Hachiman or Ullr. Geb, Chu, Ganesha, Artio, Cerberus, Sobek, Achilles, Ravana, Erlang, Xing Tian are all very strong in their own right and have plenty of options to go towards so they don't get destroyed lategame as you put.

Warlocks is getting nerfed next patch, so there is that for you, also Soul Gem but that won't be the end of nerfs to that broken thing.

Last season we were seeing three Tanks a team with two Hunters and no Assassins or Mages, let them actually enjoy themselves for once before a tank meta comes back.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    I don't know what game you are playing, but tanks right now are still pretty damn good and fuck over Hunters hard.
    Joust only :3

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnydreaD View Post
    There are more skins than balance changes, which could be okay if not for cell-shading (hello is this 2010?) anime-esk bullshit and tired tropes and CHESTS CHESTS CHESTS. Still no ullr nerf, no da ji nerf, no crusher nerf, every single gamemode besides conquest is more broken and unbalanced than it has ever been before and conquest itself is barely holding up, just barely though. Bugs that plagued me for years and have been reported to support numerous times aren't fixed and support doesn't give a shit.
    Da Ji has already been nerfed in Smite Patch 5.5, reducing her early game kill potential.

Ullr was nerfed in Smite Patch 5.3, but still has very high damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnydreaD View Post
    The game is still fun, but it gets irritating far more times than I would like it to, and it honestly feels like hirez are trying to milk as huch money as they can untill the game slowly dies.
    This is not unique to Smite. A huge majority of the games in the market now are heavily focused on micro-transactions, milking the customers as much as possible.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    The start of S5 was rough. The Crit meta in early S5 was extremely irritating, as just about everyone seemed to be rushing Deathbringer. Glad that that nonsense is gone.

As for S5:
    1) Matchmaking
    No improvement from S4. I only started playing Smite in S4, but based on my experience, I think that the Smite player base is just as much to blame as the matchmaking system. Every pvp game will have their fair share of idiots, but Smite has some pretty big idiots, especially those players who are just so narrow-focused, with little idea of teammate and enemy positioning and failure to recognize baits and traps.

2) Hunters
    The buffed Transcendence and Crusher. Only thing is that in S5, its the Jungler and Mid who have an easier time making significant impact in Conquest.

3) Mages
    Tahuti nerf has been great. No more pigeon-holding into one specific item. No more having to back off a fight when you haven't finished Tahuti while the enemy mage already has Tahuti online.
    Warlock's Staff was just great at the start, still ok after the nerf in Smite Patch 5.3, but Smite Patch 5.6 nerf is slightly a bit much, imo.
    Book of the Dead. Was great until its nerf. But with Warlock's Staff being nerfed, it might bring Book of Thoth back more and thus building Book of the Dead makes a bit more sense.
    Soul Gem so far, but the nerf in Smite Patch 5.6, is pretty big.
    Big Rod Of Asclepius buff, an obvious attempt to bring in healers into SPL/SML play.

4) Guardians
    Tough start to S5, but I feel that its ok now. Thebes, Sovereignty, Heartward and the new Midgardian. However, I have stopped building full tank for a while now, building at least one damage item for some bruiser damage. Pythagorem's Piece is a great damage support item, when able to fit it in, imo. Team power + lifesteal buff, health and CDR for the support. Cannot ask for more.

Bulwark getting buffed, will help a lot for Supports too.

5) Assassins
    Having fun in S5. Crusher, Crusher, Crusher.

6) Warriors
    Been neglected in S5 so far, although Midgardian can now be considered the frontline item for Warriors.