Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: Tyr change stance

  1. #31
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Except you were saying how powerful it is and how he can spam abilities more than any other stance switcher.... I'm just providing evidence against that
    Yes, it is good. His stance switch gives 50 power and 50 prots, so basically a free item. Hel gets 60 power but 50 phys power is worth more than 60 magical and she also gets 25 prots, which is half of what Tyr gets. And yes, he can spam abilities more than any other stance changer, you didn't provide any evidence against that cause he can.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,326
    6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Yes, it is good. His stance switch gives 50 power and 50 prots, so basically a free item. Hel gets 60 power but 50 phys power is worth more than 60 magical and she also gets 25 prots, which is half of what Tyr gets. And yes, he can spam abilities more than any other stance changer, you didn't provide any evidence against that cause he can.
    Hel doesn't get as much for herself, but as stated she buffs her team with those stats as well. Plus the 20% bonus damage from dark stance more than makes up for the lower amount of power.

    How did i not provide evidence of more ability spam.... Ullr does 6 abilities every 6 seconds, and it ISN'T situational. That is literally how fast he can spam constantly. Even when Tyr does have his situational ability spam from it being set up and nothing on cooldown, Ullr STILL spams more in that 10 second period. Unlike Tyr, he doesn't need to take a break afterward.

    To say otherwise simply because YOU wouldn't build max CDR on Ullr but YOU would on Tyr isn't a legitimate excuse to say otherwise. Personally I've seen plenty build max CDR on Ullr, and honestly it isn't a bad idea to do so. Transcendence, Jotunns, Soul Eater works well on him if you are spamming abilities. That 10% lifesteal for abilities can be pretty nice, though i usually see people with Hydra's Lament on him myself.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Hel doesn't get as much for herself, but as stated she buffs her team with those stats as well. Plus the 20% bonus damage from dark stance more than makes up for the lower amount of power.

    How did i not provide evidence of more ability spam.... Ullr does 6 abilities every 6 seconds, and it ISN'T situational. That is literally how fast he can spam constantly. Even when Tyr does have his situational ability spam from it being set up and nothing on cooldown, Ullr STILL spams more in that 10 second period. Unlike Tyr, he doesn't need to take a break afterward.

    To say otherwise simply because YOU wouldn't build max CDR on Ullr but YOU would on Tyr isn't a legitimate excuse to say otherwise. Personally I've seen plenty build max CDR on Ullr, and honestly it isn't a bad idea to do so. Transcendence, Jotunns, Soul Eater works well on him if you are spamming abilities. That 10% lifesteal for abilities can be pretty nice, though i usually see people with Hydra's Lament on him myself.
    Hel only gives half of the benefits to allies. And how is Tyrs ability spam situational? Assault 1+2-switch-guard 1+2-6secs'N'switch-assault 1+2-6secs'N'switch-etc. There is no need to any breaks other than waiting for that 6secs cooldown.

    Also, on what rank you play? Even on my low level play, I don't see adcs building Jotunns, even if they are Ullr. Or Hydras Lament, ever.

    And what are you even arguing on about at this point? Just because a hunter stance changer does more damage, a warrior stance changer can't have an ultimate? Are you really implying Tyr is weak?
    Last edited by Outso187; 04-14-2018 at 05:21 PM.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,326
    6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Hel only gives half of the benefits to allies. And how is Tyrs ability spam situational? Assault 1+2-switch-guard 1+2-6secs'N'switch-assault 1+2-6secs'N'switch-etc. There is no need to any breaks other than waiting for that 6secs cooldown.

    Also, on what rank you play? Even on my low level play, I don't see adcs building Jotunns, even if they are Ullr. Or Hydras Lament, ever.

    And what are you even arguing on about at this point? Just because a hunter stance changer does more damage, a warrior stance changer can't have an ultimate? Are you really implying Tyr is weak?
    I've never said he can't have an ultimate.... I really have no idea where that is coming from. All I'm saying is Ullr has more spam as a stance switcher since you specifically said Tyr can spam more than any other stance switcher. Then, YOU listed Tyr's damage from that spam so i countered with Ullr's damage from his spam to again show Ullr is better at spamming abilities.

    However if you keep spamming Tyr's Change Stance you are only using 2 abilities every 6 seconds and you are severely inhibiting yourself.

    Here is why you take the break

    Assault fearless
    Assault cleave
    Switch
    Guard fearless
    Guard cleave(whichever guard order you want)
    Switch when cooldown is done
    Assault fearless
    Assault cleave
    Now you wait, otherwise you need 2 switch cooldowns to use assault fearless which is your best ability. 2 switch cooldowns takes LONGER than just waiting.

    Start over with Assault fearless
    This is how you get 6 abilties in 10 seconds, if you constantly spam you only get 4 abilities in 10 seconds. But again, because you must wait it is 12 abilities in 29 seconds. Only saying 6 abilities in 10 seconds is a misrepresentation that implies 12 abilities in 20 seconds, which is of course not true.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,326
    6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Also you don't see ADCs building Jotunns? Not ever? Really? You are seriously telling me you've never seen a Neith with a Jotunn's Wrath?

    Honestly i don't really care what you use personally or are used to seeing anyway. I personally like Jotunn's Wrath on Neith, and hey depending on circumstance you may end up using a Genji's Guard or a Breastplate of Valor. Doubtful sure, but it happens.

    Genji's in particular could really help with spamming on Ullr as since he can literally constantly spam he runs out of mana eventually. Why don't you go into a jungle practice and try him out with max CDR yourself? By the time the animations are done from using his entire kit you can use his entire kit again. THAT'S spam.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    And once again, Ullr is a hunter so of course he does more damage. He is supposed to be. Tyr is perfectly fine as he is now. If you bring down his stance change cooldown, it needs to repalce the ult and then he needs another ability. I mean, what makes you think Tyr is weak?

    And Neith is not the best adc since she can hardly carry anything. I don't even count Neith as a hunter since her basics are meh but ability damage is great. I build her as a caster, which does include Jotunss obviously. But Ullr is a hunter, I build him accordingly.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,326
    6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    And once again, Ullr is a hunter so of course he does more damage. He is supposed to be. Tyr is perfectly fine as he is now. If you bring down his stance change cooldown, it needs to repalce the ult and then he needs another ability. I mean, what makes you think Tyr is weak?

    And Neith is not the best adc since she can hardly carry anything. I don't even count Neith as a hunter since her basics are meh but ability damage is great. I build her as a caster, which does include Jotunss obviously. But Ullr is a hunter, I build him accordingly.
    Personally i don't remember ever hearing a statement from hirez stating that a stance switch ability with no cooldown must take the place of an ultimate. I'd think having 1 less ability and the ult having a long cooldown is balance enough for the stance switcher.

    Also you really shouldn't disregard ability based Ullr without even trying it. Since his kit's cooldown is so short he is incredibly difficult to kill(because he is incredibly difficult to catch). His 40% movement buff lasts 5 seconds and has a 6 second cooldown for crying out loud, and his leap also being on a 6 second cooldown makes his capture very near impossible without a CC ambush. With that great mobility and his natural lifesteal he travels the jungle with ease, and with a single rotation of his kit easily taking out 1/2 a gods health(more if they aren't building defense) he does a decent job ganking people.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    Stance change with no cooldown takes a place of an ultimate because that is balanced. When you have 6 abilities that you can switch off basically freely, having an ultimate would make character quite broken. Especially when we think all the things Tyr has already.

    I disregard ability-based built ADCs in general. Since ability damage isn't that relevant late game.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,326
    6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Stance change with no cooldown takes a place of an ultimate because that is balanced. When you have 6 abilities that you can switch off basically freely, having an ultimate would make character quite broken. Especially when we think all the things Tyr has already.

    I disregard ability-based built ADCs in general. Since ability damage isn't that relevant late game.
    Except he wont have 6 abilities and an ultimate.... He would STILL only have 4 abilities and an ultimate. Which stance he is in doesn't really count as an ability, it is a stance. To say otherwise is to say the other stance switchers have 8 abilities.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    4,601
    15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Except he wont have 6 abilities and an ultimate.... He would STILL only have 4 abilities and an ultimate. Which stance he is in doesn't really count as an ability, it is a stance. To say otherwise is to say the other stance switchers have 8 abilities.
    So your point is that Tyr needs to stay exactly the same as he is now but his stance switch needs its cooldown brouht down to 1sec?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •