Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyr change stance

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380

Angry Tyr change stance

Probably, this one was discussed a lot, but... Isn't it the right time to take off cooldown from changing stances? Like ullr has no cd, hel no cd, artio no cd. So for god sake, I still don't get it why I must wait 12 sec with a low tier god compared to these strong gods mentioned?

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    I understand but he cannot be that low tier, he has seen League play and those who use him do well, he has a good Passive.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead hokabi's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by wzrn View Post
    Probably, this one was discussed a lot, but... Isn't it the right time to take off cooldown from changing stances? Like ullr has no cd, hel no cd, artio no cd. So for god sake, I still don't get it why I must wait 12 sec with a low tier god compared to these strong gods mentioned?
    did you know that when tyr change stances he reset his abilities unlike those other gods.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Switching Tyr's stance resets his other CDs. This is part of what separates him from other stance-dancers, and doesn't need a rework. Tyr is fine.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I really wouldn't mind having separate cooldowns across his stances myself though. I mean if you actually think about it, it isn't resetting anything as its cooldown is way too long.

It has a 10 sec cooldown when maxed out, if I use an assault stance ability in order to reset it for that stance i must use Change Stance TWICE. So that 10 seconds is more like 20 seconds vs Fearless 15 second cooldown. So.... What ability is being reset exactly

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I really wouldn't mind having separate cooldowns across his stances myself though. I mean if you actually think about it, it isn't resetting anything as its cooldown is way too long.

It has a 10 sec cooldown when maxed out, if I use an assault stance ability in order to reset it for that stance i must use Change Stance TWICE. So that 10 seconds is more like 20 seconds vs Fearless 15 second cooldown. So.... What ability is being reset exactly
    Exactly. with other gods, u are free to change stance based on fighting conditions. With tyr, u use one stance, then wait 10 sec, use heal and escape, wait other 10 sec only for two single attacks. Anyway, at least cd should be reduced as u have no time to wait, u will get spammed by enemy abilities much earlier)

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

If Fearless and Power Cleave are on CD, using Change Stance will reset those CDs and alter those abilities. Tyr doesn't get different abilities, the abilities change and are reset. Giving Tyr separate ability CDs for each stance and lowering CS's CD to that of other stance switches would either break Tyr or necessitate a rework he doesn't need.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    If Fearless and Power Cleave are on CD, using Change Stance will reset those CDs and alter those abilities. Tyr doesn't get different abilities, the abilities change and are reset. Giving Tyr separate ability CDs for each stance and lowering CS's CD to that of other stance switches would either break Tyr or necessitate a rework he doesn't need.
    I'm sorry, i just fail to see how having separate cooldowns per stance would break or necessitate a rework for Tyr(unless that change in itself IS the rework, in which case you should probably be a bit clearer on your stance). I mean the only real change would be he could swap between bonus power and bonus defense whenever he felt like it.

I suppose not being reliant on Change Stance's cooldown means his overall combo drops from a 20 second cooldown to a 15 second cooldown, still not really seeing the problem though.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Maybe the problem lies in build being used on him, keep seeing Tyrs rocking in Pro and Minor League hands.

Achievements:
    I'm sorry, i just fail to see how having separate cooldowns per stance would break or necessitate a rework for Tyr(unless that change in itself IS the rework, in which case you should probably be a bit clearer on your stance). I mean the only real change would be he could swap between bonus power and bonus defense whenever he felt like it.

I suppose not being reliant on Change Stance's cooldown means his overall combo drops from a 20 second cooldown to a 15 second cooldown, still not really seeing the problem though.
    Having that freedom would be a HUGE change, though. His kit isn't geared around having that much flexibility with his escapes, and being able to go into offensive stance without missing out on his heal if he hasn't used it yet would take away a lot of the in-hand weakness he has to play around. Additionally, if he changes stance based on whether he currently needs to go ham or play it safe, he currently can't change his mind immediately after; if he doesn't have to commit, that's another thing to overtune him.

Muh Concepts