Thread: Mixer, gosh I hope you guys got paid

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Mixer, gosh I hope you guys got paid

Couldn't find any other forum that discussed this, and perhaps it is inappropriate.

I hope that Hirez got a lot out of the deal with Mixer. Personally, I find the interface horrible, unable to fast forward through the first 30+minutes of title screen on vods is a big turn off. The reliability has been very poor in my experience whether live or vod often stuttering so severely that it's unwatchable. And, biggest complaint, if you do wait through the title screen to watch the vod and wanted to adjust the volume, pause or rewind, oops automatically reset to second 0.

I'm really bad at Smite and was looking forward to the POV options to enjoy and perhaps pickup a little technique, but honestly Mixer is such a pain I haven't watched a single match and not coincidentally my desire to play is significantly reduced.

Doing a little research, I'm far from alone in finding Mixer problematic. Anyway, hope y'all got paid, hope that Oyaban Bill Gates decides to invest the time and money to address these problems with Mixer. I think y'all are great and make a great product, but this streaming decision leaves me hoping that you were blinded by huge dollar signs, because if a "Google it" level of due diligence would've raised red flags.

Peace

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    A lot of functionality is missing from that platform.

It would also help if they didn't stream the esports matches of certain regions far beyond the bed time of those regions...

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    It would also help if their mobile app wasn't complete garbage.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Just do not get the PC apps.
    I contacted Mixer Saturday about problems with the channel, they said they are working with Hi-Rez to fix issues.

Personally if I am watching a VOD, I just drag the circle on the bottom bar where I want it. The controls work so long as you aim at the bottom of them.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    While I'm sure it wasn't me, I'm glad that at least some of the issues that I brought up here have been addressed. You can now scroll/fast forward/rewind and adjust the volume without resetting to zero.

So good job you in getting Mixer to work well enough I'm no longer tempted to toss my laptop out the window. Still hope y'all got paid, but at least I can watch the SPL without ripping my hair out.

Peace