Thread: After a LONG break, I suck.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

After a LONG break, I suck.

So after about two years away from this game, I came back because I finally have a computer that doesn't suffer from huge framerate loss during fights. Naturally, I jumped into some bot matches to warm up before PvP. Joust is pretty easy, but when I jumped into Clash, I noticed a very disturbing trend. I could be doing just fine in one lane, and the bots on my team would be feeding in the other lane. So I gank, and then push that lane back out, only to find that my tower in my original lane has been destroyed. So I defend my phoenix in that lane, and my phoenix in the second lane is under attack.

Rinse, repeat.

I've consistently lost bot games with over twenty kills and one or two deaths, but I have to keep running back and forth like a headless chicken trying to stanch the bleeding(I'm sure there's a more appropriate analogy, but for the life of me I can't find it). I've only ever been able to win twice, once with Athena(I don't know how) and Kuklekan because his single push was stronger than the enemy's double push. I've tried other gods I'm strong with like Tyr, Ah Puach, and Noobis(who's usually good against bots), and I have great KDA but I still lose.

Yeah, the short answer is obviously "git gud, watch minimap" but it really seems like HiRez had to lobotomize your allied bots in order to make the medium bots at all threatening. I can't really hope to compete in PvP if I can't even handle a few measly bots, and when I cued in a conquest match by accident once, I couldn't do shit, even as support Ymir who I used to be somewhat proficient at around two years ago, even on a crappy laptop.

Bottom line is I can't really feel like I'm getting that good at the game since the individual fights are easy but the war is still lost. To get good at clash, I'm not really rewarded for being good at smite, but for being good at pushing two lanes at once. What should I do to improve?

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Eh don't play clash vs bots.

Just head into arena pvp and get constant fighting so you get the mechanics down again.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    just play normal clash some of your teammates wont be any better then bots tbh

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vdrift's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    If I may suggest, find people who don't mind helping you get back on your feet and enjoy partying up with them to enjoy said matches. As the matches goes by, regardless of winning and losing, you'll slowly have a blast with them while also asking for pointers or even understanding what you might did wrong. Of course, you could also solo and try to learn on your own. But I'm sure having someone you can trust to help you back on your feet is much better.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead OlBloodNGutz's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The difficulty levels of the bots are lopsided. Enemy controlled get better AI presets than the human team so even if you're dominating personally, your team will almost always lag way behind and get destroyed. Switch to vs AI Joust and you'll see your teammates get destroyed but you'll hold the advantage with only one lane to worry about. So Tl,Dr, you're probably already as good as you're going to get fighting AI, but you can't be in two places at once. Time to move on to PvP.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Chiagirl's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Frankly that problem isn't exclusive to bots as it's happened to me in actual PvP clash matches numerous times. While it should be a nice 2/3 spread (with gods with good clear in opposite lanes instead of stacked all in one) often times my team will 4 in lane leaving me to defend 1 v 2, and then my team loses the 4 v 3 and blames me when I'm the only thing preventing the other tower from falling. Or if it does end up being a 2/3 spread it's done horrible like one lane has all the clear like kuku+ anubis in one lane (should definitely be spread out) and the other lane with something like arachne, kuzenbo, and cupid where none of them have any clear so the one lane does great while the other does horrible. Then the lane doing good has to rush over to help and they lose their lane also. In that case there really isn't much you can do, you can try and convince your team to split better, or push your wave up to their tower and quick help the opposite side before rushing back, but honestly if the majority of your team is bad you can't carry them out of it.
    In game name is MysticMidnight. If somebody could change my forum name to match, that would be great. I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Clash vs bots is doable but you do have to carry the bots and should not pick a tank since it will be hard to do that unless you have at least 2+ other humans. Since so few play Clash vs bots, not really possible.

Same thing with Conquest vs bots.

Normal Clash too often I get 4-5 in one lane from both sides, it is more like Arena with lanes.

I stick to Assault and Joust most of the time now.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If you are playing vs bots I think a better god selection would help. You basically need to hard carry you medium bot team. Maybe try to go as an assassin or hunter so you can get a lot of kills AND do structure damage once you have pushed you lane. Maybe you could even get TP as a relic. Push out, melt a tower, tp back to your own tower and defend.

I wouldnt feel bad about not winning in clash. You cant be everywhere.

Junior Member Cupidhead carlisle4111's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    just play normal clash some of your teammates wont be any better then bots tbh

Damn it's so true. Had someone today that kept feeding and complain that no one was helping... Mind you.. they were playing Thor and running off on thier own...