Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oni Hunter's Garb

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,074
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Oni Hunter's Garb

Nowadays I don't still get why this passive was changed. It could seem a little weird at first but I felt like everyone had become used to it and was finding success and it repently was tweaked for some random reason, since the item was already balanced after a whole list of changes. And after all that balance process... Puff! Shit again. 5% damage reduction is meaningless, even if it applies more 'consistently', and I write this between quotes because having to hit someone to trigger it is not something hard to do, just a more manageable way to get the effect, and so on more consistent, but whatever... You really should consider reverting the changes because it was already in a good spot and now it's shit like it was at its releasing. I, and I'm sure many more, didn't understand it at all.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Honestly i just want the requirement removed entirely. Make it ALWAYS give 5% mitigation, or increase the amount given. 5% doesn't need a requirement, if having no requirement is too scary or something at least buff it up to 10%.

Achievements:
    I agree 5% doesn't need a requirement, but I prefer a stronger effect with a requirement.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Flat mitigations is pretty powerful, so needs to be kept in check. I feel like 10% would be a bit much, but 2.5% per enemy up to 3 enemies (7.5% max stacks) might be ok tho.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Flat mitigations is pretty powerful, so needs to be kept in check. I feel like 10% would be a bit much, but 2.5% per enemy up to 3 enemies (7.5% max stacks) might be ok tho.
    That'd at least be an improvement compared to what it is now(no passive at 2 or less nearby enemies), but I'd still prefer 5% all the time. That way you know what you're getting, instead of possibly being attacked by enemies from a far enough range that you don't get any passive benefits.

I want to be able to buy it on Bacchus and just have 19% mitigation when I'm drunk without having to worry about positioning, even though as a magical defense item I'd likely never buy it anyway.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    It's not flat, is percentage. And yeah damage mitigation is strong, but 5 is hilarious. The old passive was good. 10 or 15% (I don't remember now) conditional. The change made no sense.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    It's not flat, is percentage. And yeah damage mitigation is strong, but 5 is hilarious. The old passive was good. 10 or 15% (I don't remember now) conditional. The change made no sense.
    Old Passive - When you deal damage to an enemy god, if at least 2 other enemy gods are within 55 units of you, you gain 20% damage mitigation for 5s. Can only occur every 60s.

Combining Spirit Robe with Oni Hunter's Garb in Arena as a frontliner was just mad strong as hell. Potential 35% total damage mitigation every 60 secs and consistent 15% damage mitigation every 15 secs from Spirit Robe.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GoIdschuss's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Old Passive - When you deal damage to an enemy god, if at least 2 other enemy gods are within 55 units of you, you gain 20% damage mitigation for 5s. Can only occur every 60s.

Combining Spirit Robe with Oni Hunter's Garb in Arena as a frontliner was just mad strong as hell. Potential 35% total damage mitigation every 60 secs and consistent 15% damage mitigation every 15 secs from Spirit Robe.
    Wait, that means, that percentages stack additively instead of multiplicatively? Of course it's going to be broken then...

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoIdschuss View Post
    Wait, that means, that percentages stack additively instead of multiplicatively? Of course it's going to be broken then...
    Yes they stack additively, 5% still isn't broken though. It is hardly anything, and most mitigation is short duration only so it isn't super easy to add them together.

It is possible to have 100% mitigation and block all damage, but only for like 2 seconds maximum and then almost all those mitigations are gone. And that requires specific gods on a team to buff each other.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Nowadays I don't still get why this passive was changed. It could seem a little weird at first but I felt like everyone had become used to it and was finding success and it repently was tweaked for some random reason, since the item was already balanced after a whole list of changes. And after all that balance process... Puff! Shit again. 5% damage reduction is meaningless, even if it applies more 'consistently', and I write this between quotes because having to hit someone to trigger it is not something hard to do, just a more manageable way to get the effect, and so on more consistent, but whatever... You really should consider reverting the changes because it was already in a good spot and now it's shit like it was at its releasing. I, and I'm sure many more, didn't understand it at all.
    u just saying cabrakans passive is s hit ... well ok his passive sucks ...so many gods in smite have stupid passives ... like why freya have built life steal .

anhurs passive is great early game ... but would be great if i could stack or at least scale for late game for more options ... hashiamans passive is even worst than cabras passive "master of arms" .. really hi rez really ... most stupid passive for hunters ever ...u will say

hou yi have great passive ye but wait ... it's almost useless because he is freaking hunter , maybe merc won't 2 shot u but he still can 1 shot u so thanks hi rez for smart decision ...

izanamis passive is another great example , everything sounds great ... but she gains 20% pen when she have 25% health , when if adc have 25% health in mid team fight , and enemy assassin or mage is not dead it won't help her survive ... Im not saying it's bad passive ... but i don't think it's for adc ... so u are most effective when u are poked down , it's weird almost makes no sense ... i think stackable pen could be better for her upon getting kill and so on ...

chirons passive is weirdly useful , but still it's not for his role , does it makes him unique ? yes ... but why this passive ... it's great for laning phase , kinda but it doesn't gives him anything outside of laning phase and passive healing .

arachne ... and her stupid passive she gains percentage increase of power ( affects only basic attack) 28.5% , when target have 5% health left ... wtf is this ... u want to see her old passive : "Arachne applies poison on every physical attack that hits. The poison ticks every .5s for 3s. It stacks up to 3 times. Damage per Tick: 5 (+16% of your physical power) " wow yea .. pretty strong that why they change it , and make it even worst , now it's garbage ... her sustain early game is ok ... but it's sucks for late game ...why they make her so weak .. she didn't even have buff ( 80% attack peed for 3 basic attacks is not buff even medusas 1 is better ) ... compare it to awilixs passive :
    " If Awilix strikes first from out of combat, she increases her Physical Power for a short duration.

Physical Power Increase: 30% for 2.5s"
    cupids passive i kinda ok , but i don't like it i think 16% dmge and healing increase is not enough effective .. if it was some hit effect connected with abilities , or even better buff .

Ra , my fav mage ... he have great kit , i like his passive ... but even for mage with no mobility ... it's just not for his class same with vulcan ... mp5 is great , additional movement speed is great , but it's so boring , helps u juke , survive ... but he is son god , another one is smith of gods ... so boring .

raijins passive is great yes but same story , boring ...

noxs passive , boring

sun wukongs passive is pretty good , but this type of passives are not only boring , and old but also don't have any connection with gods lore and the characteristics ...

nikes passive is another interesting example of good concept , but still boring

terras passive ... is kidna good kinda bad ... because u don't really build items with hit effects ( for basic attacks ) on guardians ...