Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talisman of Energy

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Talisman of Energy

I don't know about you but I don't ever see this item in a game and particularly find it pretty bad. Even when its stats are pretty OK (the magical defence is decent and the HP pool pretty nice) the passive is very situational and not really that good once you get it to justify its purchase. In order to fix that I suggest a rework to change its purpose.

NEW PASSIVE - Whenever any of your allies in a radius of 70 units gets below 40% HP, all of your allies in that radius gain a buff of +10% move speed, +15 protections and +15% attack speed for 5 sec. This effect can only trigger once every 90 sec.

Of course, all the numbers are orientative and subject to be changed as convenience.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    That looks like a straight nerf.... All you have to do for its passive is kill minions. It is honestly a pretty great item, a change like that is only going to sort of help in modes like Arena and Assault.

Like seriously, we got plenty of aura items with always on effects that make that passive seem completely useless... I'd much rather keep the almost always active passive it has now from killing a single minion wave.

Achievements:
    Items aren't balanced around Assault nor Arena and the item is bad right now. Just look at the pro scene. No one but Incon liked it, and Incon is out now after a really bad split. Also in Assault there is only one wave a year spawning. You really trade a situational poor 10 move and attack speed for an effect that triggers when your carries are bursted and gives them a high chance of surviving and striking back?

And seriously who cares about Arena and Assault WTF... Hirez don't I grant you that.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 04-05-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    My point was it would only help arena or assault if it changed the way you describe....

In conquest, you have that full 10% movement/attack speed basically the whole game. That's a lot better than a slightly stronger proc with a 90 sec cooldown that only happens after you've been put in a position where you want to retreat... I mean all you really did was make it harder to proc and add 15 protections. I'd much rather have that constant speed.

Achievements:
    In conquest most of the teamfights are in the jungle where you can't get any and I don't see why that effect is better anyway. The item is garbage. I think that, I've heard it from many other players and no pro player ever build it. If that's not enough proof you keep buying it but I think it needs changes and will see some soon.

Achievements:
    However I just wrote for Hi-Rez to take it in consideration if they will and I'm not gonna argue forever. You think this item is in a good spot for some reason and I'm obviously not gonna change your mind so that's all. I want to see more points of view.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    It isn't really that i think it is in a good spot, i just think your proposed change would make it weaker than it already is.

Achievements:
    Well I don't see how. We have a couple of selfish items that proc when you get bursted to help you survive but only you as owner. This effect focused on allies that get bursted to help them survive and fight back and not just you would be interesting, fresh and potent to have on a support, much more than a 'meh' buff to help you fight just a little little bit and only when there are minions around.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 04-06-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Achievements:
    Anyway whether you like my idea or not, the item isn't bought and they'll have to rework it to make it useful. They just made that weak passive a little more consistent and should know at this point that they'll need to make more tweaks than that if they want it to be viable as they had to do in the past with other items with such bad reception.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    just becuase the pros dont build it doesnt mean its bad
    sometimes items take awhile before people see the value
    sunder was crazy for ages before it became popular along
    and just because an item brought often doesnt mean it shouldnt have a place in the game