Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Qin's sai and Executioner. what's the difference?

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    yes but... correct me if I'm wrong but exe pen does not count towards structure it's enemy gods only.

crusher is better the jotuns imo* it at least comes with atk spd on it.
    Exe only works on gods not buildings yes.

Hence why crit builds are so bad comparatively when taking structures, since they tend to rely only on Exe for pen and they have slightly lower overall power due to items like Poisoned Star/Wind Demon/Rage having not stellar amounts of power on.

But in an ability build, you're incentivised to go at LEAST Jotunn's + Crusher which is 25 flat pen, which helps against structures.

Whether or not you go for Exe is personal preference, it will boost your basics with the attack speed but the pen won't help against structures while going Titan's would give you percentage penetration without need to basic attack to stack and also work against buildings (Going both is less viable since the change to Titan's having dynamic percentages based on targets protections... Since Exe will reduce the targets protections and make Titan's have less effect in addition to the way penetration effects interact)

But yeah... Something like Warrior Tabi/Transcendence/Jotunn's/Crusher/Qin's/Exe will give you great ability damage early and then later you scale into some decent basics due to the attack speed and Qin's procs.

It's actually a build I run on Ullr a lot, allows you to abuse his combo early on and then mid-late game you can just LMB people down after you've dropped the combo (Especially since I also don't skill his 4th skill until last so don't get that AS in bow stance until late)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    the biggest issue here is that abilty based builds on hunters makes ur AA dmg pretty much hot garbage. soo instead of just chunking down ppl with straight up AA's your doing abilty dmg and screwin ur DPS output, since most abilities even with max cdr would be up at most every 5-8 seconds for 400-700 dmg . where as ur AA's are doing at least this much dmg, maybe more with crit every .5 seconds with 2.0 atk spd. so do the math granted no one can land all of their auto's.
    The build posted above for Ullr I really like, if in a mode where stacking is meh then you can Hydras, if health tanks are no issue you can swap qins. Bloodforge can also be fitted in it if you lack pwr. Jotuns can also be replaced. In arena I can see myself building all these builds on someone like AMC, including going really high crit build. All depends on what my comp does and what the enemy comp does. In some games ability focus just destroys enough to mop up the last with lighter autos, in some games you need big autos and heavy single target burst and then just use abilities for more or less catch/effects and some extra dmg.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 08-25-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Then would you say you have to choose between one or the other? I remember equipping both of them on Medusa, and I melted people. Since I'm not the best hunter player, would you say equipping both is a good idea?

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Since I'm not the best hunter player, would you say equipping both is a good idea?
    Yes.

Qin's Sais work really well when you have a lot of penetration, since its damage is still physical and so is mitigated by protections. In addition, it favours high attack speed so you get more shots out and thus more procs.

Executioner provides a good amount of penetration and also give attack speed.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yes.

Qin's Sais work really well when you have a lot of penetration, since its damage is still physical and so is mitigated by protections. In addition, it favours high attack speed so you get more shots out and thus more procs.

Executioner provides a good amount of penetration and also give attack speed.
    Qins with Stone Cutting Sword for instance, or Crusher, is ideal.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~