Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do Warriors have a problem in Season 5?

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I think alot of ppl are having an issue because of the meta shift to self sustainy gods like chac, cama, artio, terra, cu, etc especially coming after a tanky meta at the end of last season. first loosing death toll then they nerfed gaia. alot of solo laners lost ALOT of their sustain outside of pots. then compound that with the loss of xp from elementals. mid gets harps and red bonus xp most of the time solo really only gets blue and if ur jung is dropping that alone just lane xp which means u don't get that level advantage to just go spank ppl around and laugh in their face like S4.

ps I don't play solo alot sooo my thoughts might be skewed I just watch alot of brandon to keep up with the solo meta ish

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    especially coming after a tanky meta at the end of last season.
    That 3 tank meta may be coming back, a Pro recently said in a vid it is coming back in NA and the NA Pro stream today had teams with 3 tanks & 2 Hunters (or 1 Hunter + Mage) winning matches.

Junior Member Cupidhead SilverSoul99's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    At first I didn't think warriors were having an issue but... I'd take that back now and I say the tank meta isn't fully gone it's still present because well guardians are becoming pretty scummy picks and the access to these new high damage items is kinda adding fuel to the flame... I mean how do you a warrior counter an Artio, Cerb, Xian, and Terra? of course build magic defense but it sucks that the guardian still has a good advantage cause he doesn't have to sacrifice damage for defense and it's way easier to build a bruiser as appose to physicals who have to either go full tank this season.

Also back to guardians they are gonna restart the tank meta I just know it.
    Last edited by SilverSoul99; 04-26-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSoul99 View Post
    At first I didn't think warriors were having an issue but... I'd take that back now and I say the tank meta isn't fully gone it's still present because well guardians are becoming pretty scummy picks and the access to these new high damage items is kinda adding fuel to the flame... I mean how do you a warrior counter an Artio, Cerb, Xian, and Terra? of course build magic defense but it sucks that the guardian still has a good advantage cause he doesn't have to sacrifice damage for defense and it's way easier to build a bruiser as appose to physicals who have to either go full tank this season.

Also back to guardians they are gonna restart the tank meta I just know it.
    It has already started in NA Pros, showed in yesterday's stream and Weak3n said in a vid from Tuesday it was coming back, 3 tanks, 2 Hunters.

Solo has gotten dominated by Sobek and Cerberus with other Guardians thrown in. Artio, Athena, Terra, a few others less often. Some Warriors show up but that depends on team comp, only Cu Chulainn and Achilles have the ability to fight back against Guardians.

Jungle is still Ravana, a few Erlang sightings and now Achilles can do this as well as good as Ravana, there was even a good Vamana Jungle during Leagues, add in those skilled with Athena and Cabraken Jungle.

Guardians get better health pools and all their CC, while Warriors have some CC here and there it is not as much plus lack of sustain and the damage does not make up for what they lose. Finally the quality of Physical items is worse with Magical ones having gotten buffed for Season 5.