Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do Warriors have a problem in Season 5?

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Question Do Warriors have a problem in Season 5?

Something I started thinking about after working on the spreadsheet for S5 Spring League and going over my own S5 matches.
    I do note the Warrior pool of Gods is the smallest at 15 counting Achilles.
    In League, most Warrior Picks / Bans are on Cu Chulainn and Ravana, some other Warriors played. Cu is either Solo or Support, Ravana is always in the Jungle.
    I play at lower ELOs and more non-Conquest but after seeing League picks, I thought back to my S5 matches and realized I am seeing less Warrior play in Arena and Clash, even seen some Warrior rerolled in Assault. The few showing up are the usual Ravana, Cu Chulainn and rare sightings of Bellona, Chaac, Odin, Osiris, even the new god Achilles is rare.

So to me overall it seems Warriors are getting picked less often. The new Season 5 of burst damage Assassins and higher damage Mage buffs has changed things making Warriors less likely to be picked. In Conquest they have been pushed out of Solo in favor of tankier Guardians who also bring CC and in EU, Camazotz made several Solo showings along with 1 Ne Zha. In other modes, they are just plain rare.

Personally I own only 5 Warriors, tried all 5 and found them lacking compared to Season 4 Fall.

Amaterasu - Never good running similar builds to other Warriors even in Season 4 Fall. Will be trying this Support build out.

Bellona - She can still start a fight but feels like she cannot stay in it as long as she did before, only a short time then she has to GTFO of Dodge or die.

Guan Yu - Only goes with a Cooldown Support build and Amaterasu Support looks better. Guan still has a place in Assault for his heal.

Nike - Got her near the end of Season 4 Fall, she did well but in Season 5 only good for one thing. Move into enemy team, activate 2, Ult for Slow and and Shield then tank. I find opposing team actually ignoring her more than before and even Hi-Rez stated in a patch she is one of the gods they have a problem balancing.

Odin - Seen people kill with him in Season 4, was never at that level then but could still put in a decent showing. Now good only for his cage and trying to draw aggro.

I tried a few other Warriors over time for rotations or level up rewards, Chaac, Erlang, Herc, Tyr and Vamana.

So looking at all this, Warriors IMO have gotten weaker in Season 5. I know there were complaints of triple tanks in last Season, not wanting to bring that back. Still I believe something might need be done to adjust Warriors to have a place in this time. I am even finding myself choosing Guardians over Warriors whenever I play now.

Thoughts?

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Warriors seem pretty good imo. Granted there a couple that need a bit of love but most seem workable still. I still really like Guan Yu, I do think his heal should get some scaling off physical power though. I usually run a bruiser type build on him with lots of CDR. Seems to work fairly well. Honestly i’m Loving the fact that classes are being used in multiple roles now.it’s made start learning more warriors and guardians.

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Guan is OK in some modes when I run him Cooldown Build and act as a Support.
    Still he is not a pick for Conquest.
    Amaterasu is a better Support than Guan apparently.

While using classes in multiple roles is fine, it still seems to be pushing Warriors out with specific ones not being seen. Hunters may also have this problem.

For more, go to my ongoing spreadsheet for League Picks and Bans, look at the Extra tabs and see the lists for Gods Not Picked or Banned and Gods Banned Only, Never Picked.

Also go to the other tabs, see how often Gods are Picked and Banned. Warriors are pretty much dominated by Ravana and Cu Chulainn, others show up less often.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Guan is OK in some modes when I run him Cooldown Build and act as a Support.
    Still he is not a pick for Conquest.
    Amaterasu is a better Support than Guan apparently.

While using classes in multiple roles is fine, it still seems to be pushing Warriors out with specific ones not being seen. Hunters may also have this problem.

For more, go to my ongoing spreadsheet for League Picks and Bans, look at the Extra tabs and see the lists for Gods Not Picked or Banned and Gods Banned Only, Never Picked.

Also go to the other tabs, see how often Gods are Picked and Banned. Warriors are pretty much dominated by Ravana and Cu Chulainn, others show up less often.
    That does not mean the others are not doable. You are seeing mostly the meta when you look at those. It really has more to do with the newer gods kits being better with mobility. Certain gods are just out performing the others which imo usually means those gods need to be toned down. Some is itemization too. As the items change each season some gods come in and out of of the meta. The biggest factor, imo, as to why certain ones remain in meta is because of their mobility and escapes. That seems to be the biggest determining factor. I would argue a balance pass / rework on all gods falling behind in this manner should be completed.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ew I had a 3 tank 2 warr / 1 guard in conq a few days ago, it was horrible for us. But then our team picked 4 squishy I wanna stand a wait for team to make shit happen before going in Gods and we had 3 phys ability gods which is the worst vs tanks.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feidam View Post
    That does not mean the others are not doable. You are seeing mostly the meta when you look at those. It really has more to do with the newer gods kits being better with mobility. Certain gods are just out performing the others which imo usually means those gods need to be toned down. Some is itemization too. As the items change each season some gods come in and out of of the meta. The biggest factor, imo, as to why certain ones remain in meta is because of their mobility and escapes. That seems to be the biggest determining factor. I would argue a balance pass / rework on all gods falling behind in this manner should be completed.
    Not just the League tho, look at first post.

I do not play in Leagues, high ELO or even Conquest and I see similar when it comes to Warriors, which ones and how often they show up.

Based on comments, it is considered by some Hunters also have problems.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Chaac is doing well, I beat up whole teams with him in Joust...(where whole teams are only 3 people)

Of course antiheal is his nemesis, and antiheal has been on the rise. All healing gods have been dropping in performance since people have finally started actually counter building, might be nice to have a physical aura item like asclepious to help physicals boost their own sustain some. Plus having both auras would minimize the dramatic effect a single opponent with antiheal brings(so opponents would need to work together with antiheal, or bring an Odin)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    warroirs are not that easy to get going in modes outside of conq , and in conq solo farm is a little bit down to mid at least so it s less of a base level advantage atm
    crusher and heartseeker is a pretty strong combo on assassins atm so its pretty popular

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Solo lane is boring right now.
    Most of the time the jungler is same level as you if not higher and with this jungle meta, warriors get recked by junglers as easy as any squishy, making it no fun playing warriors.
    Yeah and if the enemy get any lead(gank, kill, outclear you) its pretty much lost for you, if you sit under tower enemy gets so insanley lead that they can bee a whole item over youb if they are really agressive.
    Usally 1k lead, but ive been 3k lead pure farming 0/0/0 as bellona in solo after 10 min

New Member Cupidhead Mother21ru's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Reason is because early game on solo isn't potent as it was before. Now early sololane is so slow, and there's so little chances to find a kill. So warriors aren't great when they can't do what they supposed to do. On other hand solo guardians are having extremly greater late.