Thread: #ArenaFail

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

#ArenaFail

Well it's official, even someone with my patience must concede that 9 times out of 10, arena matches are absolute trash for solo queuers. Now, you may say "so don't play arena" or "so only queue with friends" but honestly, I have a job, family, kid, house, wife, car, and life beyond video games. Maybe Smite is not for anyone who isn't a college student or high school teen.

The point is, there is very little penalty for people who come into arena absolutely are abysmal with their play. It's pretty depressing. And has nothing to do with balance. Just venting I guess but, I continue to be in matches where regardless of the God I'm playing, I see myself standing alone in a portion of the arena, just watching the idiocy of 1v4s or a Guard boxing an Assassin with Qins and I wonder ... isn't there some way to penalize the absolutely awful players?

New players ... well ok let's count your matches, and your k/d, and your wins and losses and apply an algorithm to weight you one way or another on penalty. But ... wouldn't it be fun if there was some kind of negative impact to absolutely horrific play?

#frustrated
    #endofcasual
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    At least its over quicker than other modes. Thats one positive

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I don't share your experience at all most of my arena games are quite stimulating. Some games I get some uber trash player but chances are high enemy team also has one. And when they don't, well you can't win them all can you.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    May be time of day issue, I am realizing. Used to be like Rocker said, but noticed the NA server around 2-6p is consistently poor for match integrity.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    I actually find arena to be the best mode as far as solo queuing goes as it's the easiest mode to carry in. I've won plenty of arena matches where I was something like 15/2 and the rest of my team was negative or barely breaking even.

As for you're second point however...playing badly should NEVER be punishable, unless it's something like trolling or intentional feeding. And by intentional feeding I mean the Baccus who belly-flops straight into the enemy's fountain/base and let's himself die because the surrender got denied, not the idiot mage/assassin who thinks he's a tank and keeps 1v5 ing. The latter is most likely a noob that can be taught or will learn on their own eventually, the former is clearly an irredeemably selfish troll.

If you punish the bad players for being bad, you drive away any fresh blood you could bring to the scene, and the game will eventually die off due to lack of player base. You can already kind of see it happening with matchmaking; since the game doesn't have enough players close to you skill level queuing for arena at the same time you are, it has to use people either way better or worse than you to make a match, because that's all it has to work with. And if you ban all these scrubs before they have a chance to get good, how are you ever supposed to get anyone else at your level? Don't flame, teach politely. Yes a lot of them will brush you off, but if you even get a few to improve you're that much closer to healthier player base, and thus better matches. Now if we could jut ban all the BMers scaring the newbies off, we might actually have enough of a player base to work with.
    I'm a NA PC player looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 118; I have 20 gods rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have 1.5K+ hours put into the game; IGN is MysticMidnight.