baldr - norse
    perseus - greek
    hermes - greek
    venus - roman
    seth - egyptian
    mars - roman
    atlas - greek
    aether, chaos, erebus - the first 3 primordial gods greek
    merlin - since we got morgana (morgan lefay)

i dont think i saw them in the list. not sure though.
    Last edited by choppermartin; 09-24-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Osiris is in game as a Warrior.
    Mercury in the Roamn pantheon is Hermes just like there are other crossover gods between Greek and Roman.
    Same thing for Aphrodite, she is Venus, even has a Venus skin.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Osiris is already ig.
    Hermes and venus already have their roman and greek counterparts ig already.

Out of the 3 norse suggestions, baldr would probably be put first due to him being more readily available with lore to use compared to either Sif or Borr.

Perseus prob come around some time, same with *Horus, but in all honesty I'm hoping Set makes his appearance as the next egyptian god, preferably as either a mage or assassin.

The other thing is that most of the gods need to have something in their lore that would classify them to a certain role.
    Horus and Perseus will prob come in as warriors, but that is one of the difficulties smite has with putting new gods into the game.

That and they're going to start introducing 2 new pantheons sometime this year (this summer, if I remember correctly): Voodoo and Slavic.

Junior Member Cupidhead choppermartin's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 500 Experience Points
    so that means we will never see venus or mars or any other planet god or atlas cus roman and greek conflict?
    i wonder if i look at an old picture or statue of mars and one of ares, will they look the same? and then we got seth too. plenty of popular gods left out in the cold. horus too powerful, he would be a mage or flying assassin with aoe, i think hes an eagle head and wings. perseus sword and shield guy, maybe a shield of invulnerability or a shield that reflects the same dmg back to the enemy as an ult or ability.

wonder if they could use biblical people like moses david samson gabriel noah judas (loki type) or people like that? alot of people would play them for sure. of course you would have to leave out jesus allah and other big ones. cus they wouldnt get enough power in the game. lol. to each their own belief.

i much rather have theseus instead of achilles. or hyperion. i think hyperion is a real old god too. around kronos or the generation under kronos. and then u got the first ones like aether and chaos and the other one.
    Last edited by choppermartin; 09-24-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermartin View Post
    so that means we will never see venus or mars or any other planet god or atlas cus roman and greek conflict?
    Never? Is too certain a word.

It is however, highly unlikely. Especially since Hi-Rez did say they didn't want to add in cross-pantheon gods (But then they still added the Roman pantheon despite it being largely based around copying other pantheons gods...)

I mean, it IS theoretically possible to add them in and give them a completely distinct appearance and kit, thanks to creative licence (I mean look at the purple fart cloud that is Hades...), but they didn't want to when they made the statement and I'm not sure how strictly they're gonna stay to it.

i wonder if i look at an old picture or statue of mars and one of ares, will they look the same?
    Pretty much.

wonder if they could use biblical people like moses david or noah or people like that? alot of people would play them for sure. of course you would have to leave out jesus allah and other big ones. cus they wouldnt get enough power in the game. lol. to each their own belief.
    If I recall correctly, it was mentioned that they didn't want to add in Abrahamic deities because they're not depicted as warriors (Though, that's missing out on all the angels and the like, which WERE actually the warriors of heaven and then the ones that got banished to Hell because of following Lucifer in an attempted coup d'etat against God of which I imagine wasn't particularly civil... Not to mention other figures from mythos such as the Horsemen of the Apocalypse etc)

As far as power levels go, we have gods like Odin, Zeus and even Ra (Who in mythology is always doing whatever the fuck he wants with the other Egyptian gods...) whom are ridiculously powerful the former being the top dogs in their respective pantheons (We also have Fenrir who is powerful enough to kill Odin and Ymir who took a ton of gods many years to take down)

To say nothing of the Chinese deities whom are rigged af in lore. (Take for example SWK who basically said "Screw the rules" and took his name out of the book of mortality and then started to wage war on Heaven because he could, apparently.)

We'll see anyway.

It could be cool to see some Abrahamic deities, but I'm fairly sure it's not on the cards, and even if it is, not for a while given that they literally just introduced 3 new pantheons to the game.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    i can understand if it would be a new god, but...

Quote Originally Posted by choppermartin View Post
    osiris - egyptian
    i play this game 2+ years(almost 3) and Osiris was here when i just came... im out.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Member Follower
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    summary : 5 replies only +1 or -1 answers , nothing more , no new ideas , i dont even talk about independent thoughts , this is cheap_ red fish attitude you only react on first intention to the first thing happening in front of your nose , thats why you are not good.

if they continue with 'all gods' in assault i dont want new ones , and anyway i dont care as i can play the bran'new ones for free.
    and as you all know , new gods are only OP during the month after the release , right after they recieve a big nerf or sometimes (pele i talk about you) a double buff (yeah twice , rebuffed recently)

i just want prah pid'tah "pidta"_ animist symbol , no see no hear no smell no feel no think , cause your senses are twisting reality.

Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 09-24-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: bacterias cant think but they survive hard

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FRONTdeQUICHE View Post
    summary : 5 replies only +1 or -1 answers , nothing more , no new ideas , i dont even talk about independent thoughts , this is cheap_ red fish attitude you only react on first intention to the first thing happening in front of your nose , thats why you are not good.
    Umm, there were plenty of replies. Most of them pointed out that gods OP mentioned were already ig or their counterparts were. Evidently you're not the one paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FRONTdeQUICHE View Post
    about you) a double buff (yeah twice , rebuffed recently)
    Yeah, coz she was underperforming according to feedback from higher level players as well as data and dev commentary.
    She was buffed because she needed it. There is never going to be a god that is perfectly balanced upon release. This never happens in any form of moba.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,366
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Venus and Mars are in the game as their Greek counterparts, and vice versa for Hermes. Merlin is not a deity, monster, or hero from any polytheistic tradition; we don't have Morgan Le Fay, we have the Morrigan, who is from Celtic polytheism.

Also, did you just necro your own thread? Why?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Member Follower
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Umm, there were plenty of replies. Most of them pointed out that gods OP mentioned were already ig or their counterparts were. Evidently you're not the one paying attention.

Yeah, coz she was underperforming according to feedback from higher level players as well as data and dev commentary.
    She was buffed because she needed it. There is never going to be a god that is perfectly balanced upon release. This never happens in any form of moba.
    you just react _ you dont elevate the debate _ admit it _ your words are just an other way to say -1 or +1 _ like an oyster we touch to see if it is still alive _ add something like ... an idea from you _ i know it is hard OMB !!! people can judge you and see you have none but it is too late you actually have none so come on ▲if i say "bretzel" you will quote it to say an other sort of +1/-1 or mèèèh about it _ proove me am wrong i dare you (i examined your posts dude you are an oyster)

Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 09-25-2018 at 12:10 AM. Reason: oh my balls ! ! !