Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Terra Buff

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Terra Buff

OK, maybe the root was a little too strong, but 35% slow for 1,5 sec is weak. Like people always instajumped out the root but now don't usually even bother to use anything. And my question is... If we already have an ADC that got an AoE slow that lasts for its full duration in just one ability, why a support that needs to use two abilities to get the slow off - including her escape - doesn't even have it for its full duration? Like the DOT dealed 800 damage or something. Make Terra's three like Anhur's one, what is actually a more supportive ability.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Terra also Slows who she punches with a stone up from her 2 or 3.
    If it stacks, you add Gem of Iso for more Slow and other benefits.
    The thing I don't like about Terra most is how much 'extra damage' she gets from her Passive with a Stone up. I did Jungle tests with different builds, it is sorta OK damage at low levels but when you reach higher levels, the bonus damage is meaningless. That is the worst part of her kit.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    The thing I don't like about Terra most is how much 'extra damage' she gets from her Passive with a Stone up. I did Jungle tests with different builds, it is sorta OK damage at low levels but when you reach higher levels, the bonus damage is meaningless. That is the worst part of her kit.
    I don't think her passive is supposed to be especially damage, it is mostly about the slow and knockup immunity.

Like how Ah Muzen Cab passive is mostly about the disarm and breaking invisibility.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Terra needs a passive adjustment at the very least, I'd almost say make enough landed apply a single target root like Nu Wa in addition to the slows, or give her haste while standing in Monolith circle.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    You aren't usually building Gem of Iso as support. That's more for Terra solo. Anhur could also build Frostbound to make his slow more annoying and that doesn't mean it's OK he does. I'm comparing them because I think this ADC has a skill in his kit that provides more utility and CC than one similar from a support, and that's stupid. Terra's DOT damage on the three is irrelevant, so I don't see the reason why an ADC is allowed to get a slow for the full duration while a support is not, when this last even has to use more skill to get the effect and all. Just make Terra's slow more than Anhur's so she gets a decent buff that she's awaited for long time while making things rational, because having ADCs with better CC with less downsides is not.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Terra needs a passive adjustment at the very least, I'd almost say make enough landed apply a single target root like Nu Wa in addition to the slows, or give her haste while standing in Monolith circle.
    I really don't dislike the passive. Doesn't always synergize well with the rest of the kit but she gets extra basic attack damage, a Frostbound Hammer and knockup immunity. I think that's pretty OK and her problems are somewhere else.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    You aren't usually building Gem of Iso as support. That's more for Terra solo. Anhur could also build Frostbound to make his slow more annoying and that doesn't mean it's OK he does. I'm comparing them because I think this ADC has a skill in his kit that provides more utility and CC than one similar from a support, and that's stupid. Terra's DOT damage on the three is irrelevant, so I don't see the reason why an ADC is allowed to get a slow for the full duration while a support is not, when this last even has to use more skill to get the effect and all. Just make Terra's slow more than Anhur's so she gets a decent buff that she's awaited for long time while making things rational, because having ADCs with better CC with less downsides is not.
    You are right.

that exemple is perfect imo.

Anhur's pillar is a lot similar to Terra's 3, it can body block too, and while Terra can heal with that or ,using another ability, can DoT enemies, anhur's pillar not only slows but make enemies suffer from more damage from anhur.

Hi-rez should really follow the simplest rule :
    Guardian's CC > Hunter's CC .

It's shocking that we have to point this out!
    We shouldn't have this type of issue due to the clear and evident solution/rule that Hi-rez should (have to) follow.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMasterz92 View Post
    You are right.

that exemple is perfect imo.

Anhur's pillar is a lot similar to Terra's 3, it can body block too, and while Terra can heal with that or ,using another ability, can DoT enemies, anhur's pillar not only slows but make enemies suffer from more damage from anhur.

Hi-rez should really follow the simplest rule :
    Guardian's CC > Hunter's CC .

It's shocking that we have to point this out!
    We shouldn't have this type of issue due to the clear and evident solution/rule that Hi-rez should (have to) follow.
    I mean to be fair we've got many different types of hunters... Just look at support Cupid with his mana recovering heal or melee Ullr and his jungling ability. I do think monolith deserves a buff, but not because Anhur slows more....

I mean if that was how we were going to balance people Chang'e wouldnt be allowed to get off a 5 second stun.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I mean to be fair we've got many different types of hunters... Just look at support Cupid with his mana recovering heal or melee Ullr and his jungling ability. I do think monolith deserves a buff, but not because Anhur slows more....

I mean if that was how we were going to balance people Chang'e wouldnt be allowed to get off a 5 second stun.
    Im happy about the number or type of hunter we have in this regard, that someone can jungling or some can even do a little support. That's ok.
    The problem is when some hunter has in his kit more CC than a guardian; Ullr has only his 1 for the stun, then he is only damage ; Cupid has only his 1 for a stun (with a full passive) and his ult that is a mesmerize, not the greatest CC in the game IMO..
    Anhur has a slow, a stun (hard to land) and a knockup, 3 CC with a CC immunity ult, not too bad;
    Im not complaing about him, Im ok with that, but Terra has no control if compared to anhur, that's too strange to me.

The 5 sec stun on chang'e ult is NOT a reliable form of control to point out in this discussion, I think.
    It's unrealiable and it's almost not achievable , it's simply too situational to hit 5 gods with a single ult ; can happen, but it's not a reason to say "ok let's nerf chang'e for this";
    plus, Chang'e is a mage with spamming ability, with anti-heal, self and allies heal, self protection but not CC beside that ult.
    Normally a mage should have some sort of CC, that's more normal than to have great CC on an Hunter like anhur in this exemple.
    Last edited by DeMasterz92; 03-19-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMasterz92 View Post
    Im happy about the number or type of hunter we have in this regard, that someone can jungling or some can even do a little support. That's ok.
    The problem is when some hunter has in his kit more CC than a guardian; Ullr has only his 1 for the stun, then he is only damage ; Cupid has only his 1 for a stun (with a full passive) and his ult that is a mesmerize, not the greatest CC in the game IMO..
    Anhur has a slow, a stun (hard to land) and a knockup, 3 CC with a CC immunity ult, not too bad;
    Im not complaing about him, Im ok with that, but Terra has no control if compared to anhur, that's too strange to me.

The 5 sec stun on chang'e ult is NOT a reliable form of control to point out in this discussion, I think.
    It's unrealiable and it's almost not achievable , it's simply too situational to hit 5 gods with a single ult ; can happen, but it's not a reason to say "ok let's nerf chang'e for this";
    plus, Chang'e is a mage with spamming ability, with anti-heal, self and allies heal, self protection but not CC beside that ult.
    Normally a mage should have some sort of CC, that's more normal than to have great CC on an Hunter like anhur in this exemple.
    Again i agree than Terra needs a buff, i just dont believe the reason she should get one is because of a comparison to a hunter.