Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Terra Monolith

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Zero-0-P's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Terra Monolith

Hey Smite fam, I'll keep this short. I love Terra nerfs and all. I do feel with the removal of her root that the monolith should go back to being indestructible like it was when she came out. I know you all could probably come up with a million other changes but I feel this is a simple change that would do a lot for her.

Look at it like this, you made it so monolith could be taken down because of the mass heal and root. However both of those are either nerfed or removed/changed. I feel adding two more hits doesn't justify the nerfs. Making monolith indestructible again will.

I'm not trying to make her S class, just balanced and I believe that making monolith indestructible again will do that. The heals though small increase, the boxing potential increases and the stall game increases bringing Terra back into the fold again.

Sorry I said this would not be to long and yet I feel it is. However I hope I have conveyed my point. I feel the change would put her in the A/A+ range. However that is my opinion of course, I'm sure there will be many arguments about it.

Till next post.....

Achievements:
    Also ill go into more detail apon request if it's not clear why Ifeel the change is all she needs

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    meh, Terra's monolith isn't the threat it used to be so i don't care either way.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    yeah why not, terra needs love
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I'd actually love that, i could drop her monolith simply to make use of her passive and it wouldn't simply be instantly deleted. And i could still run back and smash it if i need to. Not to mention its use for blocking hunter basics which really wouldn't be OP considering there are plenty of other gods who generate indestructible walls. Sure hers lasts like 10 seconds but it is also pretty small.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Heal is piss, has no cc, burst is half of one of the rest of tanks abilities. Are we sure it even exists anymore?

Achievements:
    That's my whole point because the heal is low and they have removed her root why not put monolith back to its indestructible state. That way it can be used to block projectiles, increase boxing potential. Also though it is only a slow if monolith can't be taken down and the enemy gets comfortable for a second and dive in, that slow especially with gem of isolation is still dangerous. Like I said this is good balance. Also the heal doesn't seem like much because it can be taken down so most just smash it before that happens. However as a out of combat heal if you build hybrid Terra it will heal you for about 600-700 easy, 1200 built full mage. Do the math and that rivals every healer in the game. I do agree that her heal takes longer so in combat it doesn't feel as useful, however as a tool to prolong a fight so your team doesn't have to back, the numbers are there. This will also increase her burst potential ( I would explain but I know they will nerf that too.... just trust me it will). As all of you have stated she is underwhelming and underperforming so it wouldn't hurt to put monolith back to the way it was, indestructible!

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hell, put a burst heal on that break, make it like an innate soul gem. Give Momma earth some love.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    It takes five basic attacks to kill the monolith. Unless you are against an Izanami, chances are its not going to be destroyed by anybody but Terra herself.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    It takes five basic attacks to kill the monolith. Unless you are against an Izanami, chances are its not going to be destroyed by anybody but Terra herself.
    But you are forced to destroy it yourself in that situation because there is no way your opponents are going to let it sit there for 10 seconds.

Make it invulnerable and that's 10 seconds she can make use of her passive and slow opponents with just basics and is knockup immune. Not to mention if she ends up needing to retreat she can stand directly behind it and heal up while avoiding hunter basics or if she's being chased THEN smash it for a zoning tool.

As is she doesn't really get to maintain her passive very well, this would allow her to make use of it more while allowing her to truly offer healing support that she really hasn't had outside her ultimate.