Thread: The Most Ignored Pantheon - the Hindu Pantheon

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DarkWreath's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 1000 Experience Points

The Most Ignored Pantheon - the Hindu Pantheon

The Hindu Pantheon is one of the oldest Pantheons in Smite. Despite its age, the Hindu Pantheon has the least number of gods among its contemporaries with 8 gods next to the Mayan pantheon which has 9 gods. The only pantheons having lesser number of gods than the Hindu Pantheon are the Japanese and the Celtic, both of which are relatively newer Pantheons.

I am aware of the fact that Smite faced certain problems with the Hindu community in the past related to Kali. But that was a long time ago. And if anything, this controversy only increased Smite's Hindu audience. Not to mention, there might always be disagreements among the religious communities and Smite's way of looking at the god, like also for Cu Chulain, but Smite shouldn't be discouraged because of this.

The Hindu Pantheon has only 1 mage(Agni) and 1 hunter(Rama). Maybe its time to bring in a few more. I know for a fact that there isn't a shortage of gods in Hinduism.

So, this post is an earnest request to Smite to add more Hindu gods into the game.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    The issue is, you pretty much just summed up the reason why they have such a hard time adding in new Hindu Gods.

They still receive flak from the Hindu religious community over their Gods being depicted in the game.

The thing is that unlike every other Mythos presented in the game, Hinduism is still very widely worshipped and practiced.

Hi-Rez tries to be both accurate to lore and sensitive to the culture.

Now yes, they are free to come up with their own adaptation of a God, and they can change this if need be. Kali is one example of that. Before her change, her look and kit were far different. But thanks to the aforementioned issues with the Hindu community, she got a visual change and kit rework, leading to what she is now.

Will we get more Hindu Gods? Yes, but it will take time. Far more than other Pantheons.

Each Pantheon presents challenges.

Hindu is the worst one, simply due to the religious community.

Celtic is next due in part that the mythos is split amongst 4 different regions, all with their own Gods (some of which are different versions of Gods in the other areas)...and a majority of which are known by name alone or very little info.

Next after that would be the Greek and Roman. This is mainly because of the duality of Gods.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    The issue is, you pretty much just summed up the reason why they have such a hard time adding in new Hindu Gods.

They still receive flak from the Hindu religious community over their Gods being depicted in the game.

The thing is that unlike every other Mythos presented in the game, Hinduism is still very widely worshipped and practiced.

Hi-Rez tries to be both accurate to lore and sensitive to the culture.

Now yes, they are free to come up with their own adaptation of a God, and they can change this if need be. Kali is one example of that. Before her change, her look and kit were far different. But thanks to the aforementioned issues with the Hindu community, she got a visual change and kit rework, leading to what she is now.

Will we get more Hindu Gods? Yes, but it will take time. Far more than other Pantheons.

Each Pantheon presents challenges.

Hindu is the worst one, simply due to the religious community.

Celtic is next due in part that the mythos is split amongst 4 different regions, all with their own Gods (some of which are different versions of Gods in the other areas)...and a majority of which are known by name alone or very little info.

Next after that would be the Greek and Roman. This is mainly because of the duality of Gods.
    Like so many of societies failings, religion (a draconian system based off of life thousands of years before most people could actually read let alone digress what was presented before them) ruins what could be seen as fun or at the most banal end of the spectrum.

I mean, I get it, but who has genuinely read the Bhagavad Gita instead of being told as an infant what the text entails? Same with all major religious doctrine. Don't spout parables ( soundbytes) at me, actually read that stuff. Its fucking mental.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING