Thread: Do something about exp feeders/early quit

New Member Cupidhead xLeGacy Master's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

Do something about exp feeders/early quit

Every single match in Assault is 4vs5 because 1(or more) left or 1 (or more) just stand at the spawn waiting to get some exp. They don't care if we win or lose but some of us do! I keep reporting players but they can continue to farm free exp from the players that really want to win. I think many others agree with me that this is a huge problem! Please do something about it. Ban those feeders!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I too have given up on smite Haven't touched it in months because of Toxic Players in Conquest, but not really because of the toxic players, Because the report system is abused by toxic players So not only does one have to deal with a player calling people bad words in chat, but you have to put up with them reporting you for being 0-2 you get warned for being an intentional feedier if that happens 1-2 games later after before Good-Will goes back to 100 your account gets suspended 3 days, a week, even longer for first offenses For no reason.

Smite needs major improvements all around, harder punishments, and a way to deal with chat toxicity I say for sure if Hi-Rez started banning players for even 24 hours on first offense of being toxic in chat using words like "Retar*" "Report X Player" or other types of toxicity the game would be much more friendly.

As it is now Smite / Hi-Rez just drives away new players that want SMite to Grow, Compared to League OF Legends, or DOTA, Smite is a different game, different builds, agbility, different types of game-play compared to other MOBA if one teammate fuc*s up you all can die for that user making a mistake in smite that is how it is in my view, players need to learn the game, and by no means should a player get banned or punished because toxic trolls say rude things in chat then report the user for feeding or such.

So what if a player dies 20 times If they are actually using their ability to try to kill the enemy and trying to play the game and learning from it then so be it, question is why You were not there actually helping them in the first place?.

A Proper automated system should track stats and see if a person is feeding not just ban them for no reason based off reports from toxic players.

If you want to report people then do it at the end of a match and do it in peace No one wants to hear you disrupting a match harassing a player because they are doing poorly, even in Ranked, all this does is it makes them mute you or chat / voice entirely then it makes a game much worse and that should be punish worthy.

New Member Cupidhead LegacyMaster's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I totally agree, but I report players and they get nothing..

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMaster View Post
    I totally agree, but I report players and they get nothing..
    How do you know?

I mean, whats the ratio of reports vs messages of action?

Its possible that all those cockroaches slip through the floorboards, but is it likely?

Or do you report for every perceived infraction, genuine or not?

Thing is, I stopped playing as a result of direction game was heading. A subjective but entirely valid reason to stop playing and withhold financial support.

That said, I routinely got messages saying action had been taken against players I reported. Ask yourself, was each report I filed genuine, ie the player was exactly the type of prick I thought they were? Have you ever had a bad game? Did you ever overstep the bounds of what somebody subjectively thought was unreasonable yet weren't punished?

Think about that, then mayhaps it will dawn upon you how idiotic( yet I'm sure perfunctory) that statement you made was.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I've had more success from the xbox report system. I've gotten 2 comms ban from being salty. sooo I've started being the eula friendly asshole who will msg the salty person and ask them nicely and no swear words what their problem is or they could please stop with the vgs spam. usually I get a nice nasty hateful cuss filled reply that I casually report to microsoft and inform them thusly which usually garners another hateful msg which promptly gets reported again. and more often then not I get a nice msg from Microsoft informing me they have taken action against sumone I have reported. sadly this is the only way I have found to even come close to dealing with this problem.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Free to play game. Free to have 10 accounts. How are you going to punish a player who doesn't even really want to play? Ban the account? ok, he makes a new one, that took 2 minutes.

you will NEVER win that fight. They will always do what they want. Accept it and move on.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack1402 View Post
    Free to play game. Free to have 10 accounts. How are you going to punish a player who doesn't even really want to play? Ban the account? ok, he makes a new one, that took 2 minutes.

you will NEVER win that fight. They will always do what they want. Accept it and move on.
    I Believe leavers already get punished, and I mean it's true that you can keep making accounts for the sole purpose of trolling, that can happen in any game, and I do believe they get temporary banned if it happens too much automatically in Smite.

The problem I see the most of is Toxicity, I Remember when I played mostly last when Artio first came out I ran into at least 2 toxic players in my game screaming Retard at both of us and just harassing the damn chat to the point where I Mute my entire chat But at the end I recieve a warning because of being reported by the guys harassing the chat, and I am even told by people that I can get banned for non communication when people are toxic and I disable my chat.

Hi-Rez just isn't doing a good job at dealing with toxicity, and the amount of people who Rage Quit games yes people can make new accounts but the people being abusive that I have seen are usually accounts that have skins So if they get banned or punished They lose those skins and have to pay the Real Cost, which is a reason why I stopped putting money into smite because if false reports can get you suspended and eventually banned why risk putting money into a game.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    and I am even told by people that I can get banned for non communication when people are toxic and I disable my chat.
    lol. Thats not a thing. You could technically get in trouble for the things you say, not for the things you don't say.

the game automatically gives you a warning that people in your game reported you (they did), but the warning carries no other action other than giving the other people a different automated message that says "an action was taken" (that action being the "offender" was told that they had been reported - they were).

the "action" begins and ends with those automatic messages unless you're actually doing something that you need to be removed for... and eh "failure to communicate" is not one of those reasons.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i wanna point out that OP was talking about on Xbox, where half the replies here don't actually apply (we dont see that we've been reported and multiple accounts is not as valid)
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids