Thread: Achilles Shield Range

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Achilles Shield Range

Can we nerf Achilles 1 range, guys? I mean... I'm not saying that a skill that obliterates people, has a stun in it and allows you to hit people under their towers from your base is OP but... Wait, that's exactly what I'm saying. Nerf its range so you can't clear the whole wave and poke the enemy laner, their mother and the guy once sold a loaf of bread to her at the same time. Thank you.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    It is just Hun Batz' overhead smash with more base damage, less scaling, and less damage if they aren't within the stun range. Personally don't see anything wrong with it.

Achievements:
    LOL Hun Batz' overhead smash? You don't remind correctly both ranges do you? No, Achilles' is way larger, and also stuns. And I argue that of less damage too...
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    LOL Hun Batz' overhead smash? You don't remind correctly both ranges do you? No, Achilles' is way larger, and also stuns. And I argue that of less damage too...
    Overhead smash definitely does more damage than Achilles' past his stun range. His damage goes down 20% past that point. His stun is only close range. His range may go out a bit further than overhead smash(haven't checked max distance) but it isn't that far.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Achilles does have a decent extended range, but since the damage really drops off after a while it's not an issue in Conquest, the only mode that buff/nerfs are decided by~
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Achilles does have a decent extended range, but since the damage really drops off after a while it's not an issue in Conquest, the only mode that buff/nerfs are decided by~
    LOL it really drops off? 100% close range, 80 max range. Yeah, it really drops off...

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    LOL it really drops off? 100% close range, 80 max range. Yeah, it really drops off...
    He was talking about mid/late game, not distance. I personally think it drops quite a bit with distance myself though, we've got other gods who do just as much and even more early game damage without dropping 20% of the damage off from distance.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    He was talking about mid/late game, not distance. I personally think it drops quite a bit with distance myself though, we've got other gods who do just as much and even more early game damage without dropping 20% of the damage off from distance.
    OK. Well, I think the last nerfs were pretty OK and the ult is not really as impactful at we all thought it would be, but still think this ability has too much range. I'm not talking about reducing it drastically, but I think it definitely needs to be a little smaller.

Achievements:
    Not many warrior skills are big enough to hit a full wave, but Achille's one is big enough to do this and also poke someone behind or beside it. I think that's excessive.