Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Achilles: first opinions

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Achilles: first opinions

So far I've yet to lose a match as him, and while I like it, I think I've assessed where he needs to be adjusted.

Shield of Achilles:
    Either needs a shorted range on the second cone, or should only have the second cone in Armorless mode.

Combat Dodge: increase dodge distance, decrease stab range. 20% each sounds about right.

Fatal Strike: reduce the number of times it can reset to 2, but ignore body blocking. Increase penalty per use to 10/20/20 per use.

Any other thoughts?
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 2,054
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Just raise his CDs and mana costs and he's fine. He only does so much damage because he has so much spam.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead andremal's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Just raise his CDs and mana costs and he's fine. He only does so much damage because he has so much spam.
    Defending him in every forum I see lol. He needs more tweaking that just this... At least the OP gave an honest opinion of his performance based on personal use.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by andremal View Post
    Defending him in every forum I see lol. He needs more tweaking that just this... At least the OP gave an honest opinion of his performance based on personal use.
    If i look at his number and then look at other warrior numbers, he doesn't really have more damage than the typical warrior. His cooldowns aren't even excessively low, what he does have over the others is a bit more utility (multiple movement abilities) and an execute.

After the nerfs coming up the only thing that will really set him apart is ease of application for his damage(not hard to land those attacks) and his execute. I suppose you could say he has a strong passive as well, but he isn't the only warrior with a strong passive...

If you want to say he shouldn't have the stats to match other warriors just because he has an execute, that should be an entirely different discussion. Personally i vote for being on par with other warriors regardless of him having an execute.

For an example, look at Nike's damage if you don't interrupt her rend. She's got more base damage and scaling and her passive is just as good. She has the drawback of her rend being harder to confirm but its there. Sun Wukong also has similar damage output if you factor in his entire kit. Again, harder to confirm and of course a weaker passive. I'm of course not factoring in executes as those dont really do damage and are entirely subjective to how much health the target has.

Overall he is just an easier god to play, that doesn't mean he should be nerfed so that he doesn't keep up with the harder gods though.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 2,054
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by andremal View Post
    Admitting he needs a nerf is defending him? I gave an honest viewpoint, and I actually put an argument into what I said, unlike you. The reality is, he doesn't have much more than other warriors on paper; in practice, he's so good at spamming that he's too hard to pin down or escape from and can use a million of the same ability on one target. That's his only problem. He's bloated, but most tanks are. He has good damage, but that's normal for bruisers. He has an execute, but successfully using it can fuck him over because it makes him take more damage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I think his execute needs to scale to 30% not just start 30%. This plus his current nerfs then I think he will be fine.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    I think his execute needs to scale to 30% not just start 30%. This plus his current nerfs then I think he will be fine.
    So start at 26% and scale up 1% per rank?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    the 1 is ok now i guess maybe it should do less damage as it goes out like gebs 2
    the 2 has alot of stuff in it i think it needs to drop something like why do you need free 20 ccr
    the 3 i dont think its needs the reset if you hit a god thats just dumb
    the 4 idk what i dont think it fits his lore but what evs i single execute would honestly been enough for his kit

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MAADUECE View Post
    the 1 is ok now i guess maybe it should do less damage as it goes out like gebs 2
    the 2 has alot of stuff in it i think it needs to drop something like why do you need free 20 ccr
    the 3 i dont think its needs the reset if you hit a god thats just dumb
    the 4 idk what i dont think it fits his lore but what evs i single execute would honestly been enough for his kit
    In fate/apocrypha Achilles having an execute doesn't seem off the mark, though that makes Chiron look amazing.

If his 3 didn't reset after hitting an enemy god it would be a pathetic ability. Sure you quickly dash, but it is a very short distance. Maybe if it was a Rama sized dash it wouldn't hurt to only dash once. They'd also have to increase the damage so it isn't cut in half. I wouldn't give the full damage from 2 hits, but definitely more than what it is now. They'd also need to buff the healing on his 2 a bit to make up for it. Honestly with all the tweaking it would take, I'd rather they just leave it as is.

I see nothing wrong with random free CCR, it is a pretty useless stat anyway. There is hardly anything it is that helpful with. If it didn't have a 40% cap AND a CC can't be reduced below 0.5 secs cap then maybe it wouldn't be so useless, but yeah i guess they figure if CCR didn't have a ton of limitations it would be OP.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    So start at 26% and scale up 1% per rank?
    I probably start it at 15 or 20 then end at 30.