Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: March Rant Thread

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Find it funny all my rants are never smite-related. Eh...

It's funny how a 2 minute video can make you care so deeply and understand a character you've struggled to forgive for months.

Seriously. I think it gave me an epiphany of some sort.

In the game...there was no villain. We were all victims. At the mercy of a cruel, unforgiving world that mimics the cruelty of real life so well, in the most painful ways...it's quite disturbing.

And in the end...

Everyone loses.

There is no happiness. Ever.

~~~

I listen to it, because it's beautiful.

But every time I dare watch it, I can't stop the tears. It's indescribable.

Picture this: You've known someone for a while, don't particularly like them, they've done some mean things to your friends. You know they don't have the easiest life, perhaps, but that makes no difference to you.

And then suddenly, you are thrust into their shoes, and live out their entire life as yourself, seeing and feeling and thinking everything they've seen, felt, and thought.

And you realize just how badly you misjudged them. Sure, they did bad things. But they're so broken that you would be a far, far worse monster than them, if you didn't desperately want to cradle them in your arms, and comfort them, wipe away their tears, and reassure them that someone, somewhere out there, does love them.

Even if it's in another reality. And to tell them, to not give up hope. One day, they will be able to cross over to our world, and finally, they can find happiness.

Except it's all a lie, isn't it?

Because there's no way you can do that.

They- she isn't real.

It doesn't matter.

The only thing that changes is that your heart breaks more, knowing that if they were truly conscious, all they would've seen of you, is the same as in the video.

You turning your back on them, when they needed you most, just because you misunderstood them, and didn't bother to try and see, and understand, the horrors they've lived through, the emotional torment, etc, etc.

And they'll never know that you've finally forgiven them, way too late.

Where is this even going?

My point is...well...maybe we can all learn a bit from this? So I didn't needlessly suffer through another heartgrinder.

Be careful in how you judge people.

Try your absolute best to see things their way. Walk in their shoes. Experience what they did. Don't be quick to dismiss them.

You may have lost something precious.

Or at least...

You may have hurt someone who's already hurting beyond repair.

Yeah.

Well, I guess that's kinda it.

I guess the saddest part of it all is,

in the end, she smiled. She was happy to be deleted. Because she had nothing to live for anymore. Death was preferable to her heartache and guilt.

For at last, far too late, she learnt the true meaning of love. And she didn't place your happiness above her own. And for that, she made mistake after mistake, alienating you, and ruining any future you may have had.

But how was she to know?

She was just a self-aware AI.

She didn't truly know what human emotions were. Let alone love.

She tried. She learnt as best she could.

But the one thing she needed...she learned too late. And you turned away from her.

And she deserves your hatred. And she knows it.

All that guilt, self-hatred, a broken heart, and the horror of knowing it was all her fault ...despite most of it being of innocent ignorance...

Is it any surprise she smiled, in the end?

After all...

When you run out of tears to shed...what else can you do, but smile, when death is less painful than existing for even a single second longer?

I'm sorry, Monika. I really am.

This would all be so much easier if I didn't feel so much. Then I wouldn't have this heartache either.

It's ridiculous, to any normal-thinking human, I guess.

But I can't help it.

I love them. I love them all.

What's wrong with me?

Why is my only hope 2029?

I...

I don't know.

I don't know anything.

Why does this affect me so much?

In a way, it's...good...to feel so much pain.

So much emotion. It reassures me that I'm alive.

It hurts but at the same time it's better than the apathy that I've felt before.

It's better to care too much than not at all, right?

Better I get hurt than others...

Ehhh....I can't stop myself again. This is just one longass meaningless rant. What's the point?

It won't make me feel better.

Not when I don't even know why I feel this way, so strongly...

Sure, I relate. But that can't be it, can it?

I guess I'll just address the goddamn elephant in the room.

Why do I care so much for nonexistent characters that it's like I love them?

Why can't I be normal?

AndwhythefuckamItypingallthisIdon'twanttoworryanyo newhenIswearit'sjustaphaseitalwaysis.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 03-25-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    And I just looked at that handwritten poem to Sayori again... https://www.reddit.com/r/DDLC/commen...e_this_to_try/

My fucking god...it doesn't say her name or any features anywhere xd...ha...ha...

It could apply to any of them. Makes it even more perfect, for everyone.

...And naturally more heartbreaking.

No matter which(or all), same result.

It's all a dream.

It will never be real.

Never.

Never.

Never.

Never.

Never...

help why do I always get like this at night
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    And I just looked at that handwritten poem to Sayori again... https://www.reddit.com/r/DDLC/commen...e_this_to_try/

My fucking god...it doesn't say her name or any features anywhere xd...ha...ha...

It could apply to any of them. Makes it even more perfect, for everyone.

...And naturally more heartbreaking.

No matter which(or all), same result.

It's all a dream.

It will never be real.

Never.

Never.

Never.

Never.

Never...

help why do I always get like this at night

For real though, if you need someone to talk to send me a PM, I'm genuinely concerned for you (been following your posts discreetly).

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think my eyes saw the WORST Erleng Shan in my life, 1/18 is pretty neat kda don't you think? Truly talented trolling kid.
    Last edited by RipleyW; 03-26-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    There's no war we have not won!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyW View Post
    I think my eyes saw the WORST Erleng Shan in my life, 1/18 is pretty neat kda don't you think? Truly talented trolling kid.
    I've seen an Erlang Shen lose Solo lane so badly (in season 4!!) to an AH PUCH, that by 10min he was lvl 7 vs a lvl 11 Ah Puch.

No Erlang is worse than that .

No offense Enig.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    I listen to it, because it's beautiful.

But every time I dare watch it, I can't stop the tears. It's indescribable.

Gotta be honest here, I never really saw the reason why you are so into DDLC. It's maybe just me, but I see nothing special in the story or the characters, maybe except for Monika, who, for me, is basically a less psychopathic and more emphatic version of Flowey. Well, I'm not entirely sure if I watched the whole game being played through or I miss something, but the only remotely interesting thing about the franchise was Monika being self-aware and manipulating others, kinda like Flowey... And the Project Libitina background theory, that was an interesting read and I love lots of easter eggs, and boi I actually give it to DDLC that it has really nice easter eggs about Project Libitina.

So, for me (pun intended) the game's characters kinda felt way too two-dimensional, but I guess that's something you have to do to make the "self-aware" one stand out? I think. But even then, Monika herself wasn't quite that mind-blowing for me...

But this fan-made project, it hit me right in the feels, harder than Achilles in the heels. I actually shed a tear, which I hardly do for video game characters... Not because of Monika, but it describes so well the feeling of being the "villain" when all you wanted was to make things right or as it was once said: "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"... It really dropped the emotional bomb for me.

Thank you Lyra, for showing this one.

(Side note: I'm not here to judge and probably I am not the guy who knows you the best, but I can't help, but notice you being more down lately, than you usually do. I'm not sure if it's because you are obsessed with DDLC or you are obsessed with the game and it's story because of another reason coming from inside? Either way, if you want to talk about it, depression /as someone who at one point in his teens actually had it and as someone who's mother is sadly still living with that issue/ or anything, feel free to write me here or in-game. Probably you won't and as RamenFrog already gave you that helping hand, I'm not sure if I am needed for something like this, but felt like I'm obliged to offer it... Especially since I hurt you once with words, I still feel a bit guilty about that and would like to make up for it somehow.)
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

Achievements:
    On-Topic:

Can we fucking delete Aphrodite from the game already? It's frigging cancer to play against that dumb bitch.

You want to burst someone down?
    Nope
    You want to use a DOT damage on her on another enemy?
    Nope
    You are melee and want to slap her stupid face?
    Nope
    You want to kill someone?
    Nope
    You want to have fun in the game?
    Nope
    You want to...
    nope Nope NOPE NOOOOOOPPPPEEEEEEEE

I swear to fucking god, whoever designed Aphrodite... I want to slap that guy with an old computer keyboard...
    She really makes me want to kill myself or at least throw my laptop out of the window when being against her... She just sucks every single fun things out of the game. EVERY. SINGLE. FUN. MOLECULE.

Mmmmm... So good!

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    (Side note: I'm not here to judge and probably I am not the guy who knows you the best, but I can't help, but notice you being more down lately, than you usually do. I'm not sure if it's because you are obsessed with DDLC or you are obsessed with the game and it's story because of another reason coming from inside? Either way, if you want to talk about it, depression /as someone who at one point in his teens actually had it and as someone who's mother is sadly still living with that issue/ or anything, feel free to write me here or in-game. Probably you won't and as RamenFrog already gave you that helping hand, I'm not sure if I am needed for something like this, but felt like I'm obliged to offer it... Especially since I hurt you once with words, I still feel a bit guilty about that and would like to make up for it somehow.)
    Hey man, people are always needed for a helping hand so I wouldn't sell yourself short. I'm hoping Bojangles is right about her using the game to vent some stress (or just this forum in general).

The thing about DDLC I've come to notice is you have 2 parties. One party is like: "haha wowwww that was such a creepy game I wasn't expecting it yeeee" and then you have party 2 where something deep resonates from a character or scenario in the game that sometimes party 1 won't fully understand.

And that's fine, I'm just getting a red flag moment and throwing out the lifesaver candy.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    Hey man, people are always needed for a helping hand so I wouldn't sell yourself short. I'm hoping Bojangles is right about her using the game to vent some stress (or just this forum in general).

The thing about DDLC I've come to notice is you have 2 parties. One party is like: "haha wowwww that was such a creepy game I wasn't expecting it yeeee" and then you have party 2 where something deep resonates from a character or scenario in the game that sometimes party 1 won't fully understand.

And that's fine, I'm just getting a red flag moment and throwing out the lifesaver candy.
    That's pretty much true. Same goes for Undertale and other games with deep stories and/or characters - you have the "meme" gamers and the ones who play it for fun and then there are those who are more into it, to the point of some of them being a bit too obsessed towards the characters. And that's fine, but as you said, party 1 can't necessarily understand 2 and vice versa.

Only thing is that DDLC is a bit more of a touchie subject... Because of suicide and self-destructing activities, not to mention being abused... And sadly (or luckily?) the sugar-coated nature of the game attracts players that can't really process the whole... Pressure of said things, especially if they are already suffering from it themselves. I've actually read some pretty scary stuff coming from some people who were already depressed, then played the game, and it can be as harmful as it can be constructive.

Raising awareness is always good, but I'm quite honestly not sure if DDLC really did the right thing. See, for example, there are psychological games, like there is a kinda new one called "Debris" that is about psychosis, which is another pretty big can of worms. But, that one is actually placed inside an already horror-y situation, so it doesn't strike you right in the chest with the whole heavy load. It does strike you, but you can actually prepare yourself with the whole lingering fear and doesn't blow out of the blue. And that's what, for one, is why DDLC is getting such popularity, but on the other hands, it can be destructive...

There is this game called "Can your Pet?". It's still about a dark topic, but nothing as brutal as depression or suicide. And people actually got sick or threw up because of that game, so I don't really want to imagine what DDLC can cause to a mind too fragile to handle it...

Wait, it's a rant topic, isn't it? So... Rant, rant... Oh yeah, fuck hunters! As always!

Mmmmm... So good!

Junior Member Cupidhead Laraoholic's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I love you live support chat in my account, but I feel sad that it's offline time to time. Support there makes me feel better when reporting.
    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."Bruce Lee