Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis Tips and guides

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

Nemesis Tips and guides

need some tips or guides on how to play nemesis effectively even tho i've played many matches with her i still suck so need some tips/guides on how to play her and some builds thanks
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    dmbrandon has a guide video on her.

I no longer give advice on this god due to trolls on the forums.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    dmbrandon has a guide video on her.

I no longer give advice on this god due to trolls on the forums.
    meh just ignore trolls if you know there is one just dont reply to any of their posts
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    well my build for her atm is warrior, heartseeker, jotuns, hydras, stone cutting and a defensive item or atrack spd, mantle/ody bow, cuz u have so much power. brawlers when the have healing.

as far as tips, nem is the queen of atk cancels. if u watch dm's vid you'll see if not the chain when done perfectly is dash, atk cancel into slice n dice, atk cancel into shield, I think u can get another atk cancel into the 2ND dash. that combo is extremely hard to pull off tho. I usually end up missing the 2nd dash. sum early atk spd can make it easier. if u really wanna blow sumone up ulty first to strip protection then slice n dice. blink is broken and lol its kinda trolly but I've even started using upgraded ankh for the 20% extra dmg...

I still miss death toll on her tho in the jung for sustain haven't wanted to build a life steal early tho to fix it.

start atm for almost every jung, is assassins with katana and pots. then boots finishing either stone cutting or heart seeker after.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Well, I just build Nemesis with Ninja Tabi, Jotunn's, Qin's Sais, Stonecutting Sword or Masamune, some defense like Mantle of Discord or Spirit Robe and the Crusher, not in that order necessarily, and you can change some of the items if you need to counter the enemy

With Nemesis you'll always start attacking either with ult and 2 or just her 2, so you can then hit your aa. Then her shield you need to time very carefully, trying to not get hit by cc and using it after losing some health, that way you will also heal.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Achievements:
    ty ty for tips

well my build for her atm is warrior, heartseeker, jotuns, hydras, stone cutting and a defensive item or atrack spd, mantle/ody bow, cuz u have so much power. brawlers when the have healing.

as far as tips, nem is the queen of atk cancels. if u watch dm's vid you'll see if not the chain when done perfectly is dash, atk cancel into slice n dice, atk cancel into shield, I think u can get another atk cancel into the 2ND dash. that combo is extremely hard to pull off tho. I usually end up missing the 2nd dash. sum early atk spd can make it easier. if u really wanna blow sumone up ulty first to strip protection then slice n dice. blink is broken and lol its kinda trolly but I've even started using upgraded ankh for the 20% extra dmg...

I still miss death toll on her tho in the jung for sustain haven't wanted to build a life steal early tho to fix it.

start atm for almost every jung, is assassins with katana and pots. then boots finishing either stone cutting or heart seeker after.
    yeah i saw the video you suggested it will take me days or weeks of practice :| oh well time to go training

Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    Well, I just build Nemesis with Ninja Tabi, Jotunn's, Qin's Sais, Stonecutting Sword or Masamune, some defense like Mantle of Discord or Spirit Robe and the Crusher, not in that order necessarily, and you can change some of the items if you need to counter the enemy

With Nemesis you'll always start attacking either with ult and 2 or just her 2, so you can then hit your aa. Then her shield you need to time very carefully, trying to not get hit by cc and using it after losing some health, that way you will also heal.
    no hastended katana btw? i see many people building that on her

Achievements:
    it's cuz she has 2 slows and the ability to auto atk btwn dash too. it's not that you can't build hastened it's just not recommended, if u need it build it. kinda like building hastened on arachne. also don't be afraid to build a pen item. alot of nems forgo pen cuz she has her ulty and passive. usually stone cutting is enuff and yeah i forgot qins that is a viable 6th item OR if they are really tanky.

Achievements:
    it's cuz she has 2 slows and the ability to auto atk btwn dash too. it's not that you can't build hastened it's just not recommended, if u need it build it. kinda like building hastened on arachne. also don't be afraid to build a pen item. alot of nems forgo pen cuz she has her ulty and passive. usually stone cutting is enuff and yeah i forgot qins that is a viable 6th item OR if they are really tanky.
    ah i see thanks

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    OP - This is a great point - the attack speed and movement seems like a fit but she already has mobility built into her kit (both in her sprints and in the slow from her slice n dice and ult). Keeping up or getting out is usually not a problem. Power or Pen in the slot of hastened is better imo.

Other tips that you may find helpful -

1. if your team is well balanced you can level up: 2,3,4,1 in terms of priority (but grab one level of 1,2,3 at the start. If your team is not going to be on the front lines with you (say you have no guard, but a warrior like Tyr who is very mobile and may leave you alone in melee if he gets focused or peels), you may want to put 2 points into your 3 early and practice popping that when you see an enemy ability incoming to grab the heal it gives.

2. as noted attack cancel is critical because of her kit, but also because her basics build her passive (prot stripping) and proc items like Hydras. There are two ways I think about attack canceling -
    a) cutting short ability animation with an immediate basic
    b) slightly harder to time, but <right-clicking> just after a basic hits and then immediately hitting an ability (and then doing (a), which is simply a basic which again cancels the end-tail of the ability animation)

Practice (a) first. It's easy and it helps you get the timing of ability animation down into your eye-hand muscle memory. Note, excessive lag makes this pretty difficult. But practice (a) first. It alone shines with Nem's mechanics.

3. Don't underestimate Jotuns early for her as you get better at attack canceling. It is just so good, and she can be mana hungry until you get the basic attack canceling down. Cooldown, pen, power and mana - how can you not love this item though I think since it's been the same ol' Jotuns for so long, people overlook it.

4. Heartseeker is awesome on her if you time it against her 2 or 3. Sure it's great with the ult too, but that rarely confirms kills, and the ult to me has always been more about setting up confirms with slice n dice or basics. Slice does SO MUCH damage with alot of power, a few points in it, and of course, 5 stacks of Heartseeker (to add another 100% of your power as damage). Boom.

5. As for defensive items, I love Winged Blade on her. Nem's mobility means that alot of people try to counter her with CC. When you see that happening, Winged Blade brings speed, Health, and some degree of CCR. Look for mages with Gem of Isolation, or Gods with slows (Poseidon, Anubis, Kumba etc.). Don't make the mistake of treating stuns (Nu Wa's clay soldiers, Merc's 3) as slows, they won't proc WB.

Apologies if I dug too deep on Break's recommendation, it sounded like you are new to attack canceling and perhaps to some of the recent Assassin item tweaks so thought you'd dig a deep dive. Good luck, bring the Vengeance. Bring the pain.
    Last edited by MemphisMiles; 03-24-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisMiles View Post
    OP - This is a great point - the attack speed and movement seems like a fit but she already has mobility built into her kit (both in her sprints and in the slow from her slice n dice and ult). Keeping up or getting out is usually not a problem. Power or Pen in the slot of hastened is better imo.

Other tips that you may find helpful -

1. if your team is well balanced you can level up: 2,3,4,1 in terms of priority (but grab one level of 1,2,3 at the start. If your team is not going to be on the front lines with you (say you have no guard, but a warrior like Tyr who is very mobile and may leave you alone in melee if he gets focused or peels), you may want to put 2 points into your 3 early and practice popping that when you see an enemy ability incoming to grab the heal it gives.

2. as noted attack cancel is critical because of her kit, but also because her basics build her passive (prot stripping) and proc items like Hydras. There are two ways I think about attack canceling -
    a) cutting short ability animation with an immediate basic
    b) slightly harder to time, but <right-clicking> just after a basic hits and then immediately hitting an ability (and then doing (a), which is simply a basic which again cancels the end-tail of the ability animation)

Practice (a) first. It's easy and it helps you get the timing of ability animation down into your eye-hand muscle memory. Note, excessive lag makes this pretty difficult. But practice (a) first. It alone shines with Nem's mechanics.

3. Don't underestimate Jotuns early for her as you get better at attack canceling. It is just so good, and she can be mana hungry until you get the basic attack canceling down. Cooldown, pen, power and mana - how can you not love this item though I think since it's been the same ol' Jotuns for so long, people overlook it.

4. Heartseeker is awesome on her if you time it against her 2 or 3. Sure it's great with the ult too, but that rarely confirms kills, and the ult to me has always been more about setting up confirms with slice n dice or basics. Slice does SO MUCH damage with alot of power, a few points in it, and of course, 5 stacks of Heartseeker (to add another 100% of your power as damage). Boom.

5. As for defensive items, I love Winged Blade on her. Nem's mobility means that alot of people try to counter her with CC. When you see that happening, Winged Blade brings speed, Health, and some degree of CCR. Look for mages with Gem of Isolation, or Gods with slows (Poseidon, Anubis, Kumba etc.). Don't make the mistake of treating stuns (Nu Wa's clay soldiers, Merc's 3) as slows, they won't proc WB.

Apologies if I dug too deep on Break's recommendation, it sounded like you are new to attack canceling and perhaps to some of the recent Assassin item tweaks so thought you'd dig a deep dive. Good luck, bring the Vengeance. Bring the pain.
    thanks ill practice this and yes im new to attack cancelling
    how good is crushers on her? is it better than heartseeker? or should i keep both on her?