Thread: Voice Chat Issues

New Member Cupidhead PanchoPariguayo's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Exclamation Voice Chat Issues

I have two voice chat issues that I've noticed others get, so in a way they are bugs. At the same time, they aren't universal so I think this post belongs here.
    Firstly, an issue that's been going on since the implementation of voice chat is that I (and many others, often friends I'm playing with) have to deselect and reselect the enable voice chat audio option every time I enter or leave any ranked/custom game. I have to do this probably 95% of the time, but my friends less frequently. I haven't noticed any pattern that makes it work vs. not. Upgrading/changing computers hasn't done anything.

Secondly, my voice chat just totally dies when I enter a ranked/custom loading screen (NOT the queue, the loading screen). This is different from the common queue voice chat issue above in that re-enabling voice chat doesn't help. I literally have to restart smite every time I get in a ranked game if I want to talk. If I don't restart smite, the chat is still dead after the game. Rejoining party does nothing. A friend I play with has also experienced this issue, but nowhere near 100% of the time, like me.

Before you recommend twitch or discord or whatever, I can use those but they don't help for talking with ranked teammates, and cause me to lag somewhat significantly.

New Member Cupidhead ITKplacebo's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PanchoPariguayo View Post
    I have two voice chat issues that I've noticed others get, so in a way they are bugs. At the same time, they aren't universal so I think this post belongs here.
    Firstly, an issue that's been going on since the implementation of voice chat is that I (and many others, often friends I'm playing with) have to deselect and reselect the enable voice chat audio option every time I enter or leave any ranked/custom game. I have to do this probably 95% of the time, but my friends less frequently. I haven't noticed any pattern that makes it work vs. not. Upgrading/changing computers hasn't done anything.

Secondly, my voice chat just totally dies when I enter a ranked/custom loading screen (NOT the queue, the loading screen). This is different from the common queue voice chat issue above in that re-enabling voice chat doesn't help. I literally have to restart smite every time I get in a ranked game if I want to talk. If I don't restart smite, the chat is still dead after the game. Rejoining party does nothing. A friend I play with has also experienced this issue, but nowhere near 100% of the time, like me.

Before you recommend twitch or discord or whatever, I can use those but they don't help for talking with ranked teammates, and cause me to lag somewhat significantly.
    I have the exact same issue, my chat works fine in ranked games if i solo queue but if a party with someone the voice chat cuts out in the loading screen, it is resolved if a restart the game (and leave the party)

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388

i just had my voice chat stop working after a ranked game

I have had the same problem except my voice chat won't fix itself if I turn my voice chat on/off again, nor does it work if I reset smite, I've checked all my settings and I've confirmed that my mic. does in fact work on multiple things like discord, LOL, OBS and twitch. I've even re-downloaded the game and check the game cache for integrity, but neither of these things worked, I know that the microphone I'm using is my primary one (which is a needed setting for smite) so i have no idea what to do,

please help!