Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: This game has way too much toxic people that are never going to be punished.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Jesus Christ, the point is that in most cases, comic heroes ARE NOT MURDERERS. If you knew anything about them, you would know that. They fight back. They're considered heroes because it's obvious that they're doing the right thing.

You literally said it yourself, these people are dickheads because they enjoy it. You can't reason with them. We can either report them or do nothing, like you apparently want. And that sounds fucking moronic.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    Jesus Christ, the point is that in most cases, comic heroes ARE NOT MURDERERS. If you knew anything about them, you would know that. They fight back. They're considered heroes because it's obvious that they're doing the right thing.

You literally said it yourself, these people are dickheads because they enjoy it. You can't reason with them. We can either report them or do nothing, like you apparently want. And that sounds fucking moronic.
    Are you being intentionally stupid? Did you read the whole thread and responses therein, or did you just read a few paragraphs and attempt to make some moralistic point by using the example of two psychotic comic characters before realising just how idiotic that was?

Read the damn thread. At no point did I say do nothing. I simply pointed out that dealing with dickheads by being a dickhead is moronic and accomplishes nothing. If you fail to understand this, congratulations, you're part of the problem.

Literally the only moronic thing is your lack of comprehension of what was written down in plain English. Its not fucking hard.
    Last edited by RonanTheGreat; 03-22-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Fighting/derail warning.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Listen here you little drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    No amount of enforced action will change the fact that there are dickheads out there who actively enjoy being a dickhead.
    THIS was what I responded to. You're implying that there is no point in enforcement, and you also said we shouldn't fight back. The comic reference was a light hearted side note that your little drama queen attitude spun into a derail, using words like "demented" and accusing me of saying that murder is fine. Chill the fuck out.

The entire point in the reference was that the good guys aren't suddenly villains because they fight back. Mike from Stranger Things even pushed a guy for being a dickhead. He started a physical fight over a verbal one, but we all still cheered for him because we still knew that he was the good guy. People who fight fire with fire aren't suddenly hypocrites or immoral. We don't base our morals on a hero's - a hero's morals are based on ours though. That's the only way for us to love watching them succeed.

Achievements:
    Are you being intentionally stupid? Did you read the whole thread and responses therein, or did you just read a few paragraphs and attempt to make some moralistic point by using the example of two psychotic comic characters before realising just how idiotic that was?

Read the damn thread. At no point did I say do nothing. I simply pointed out that dealing with dickheads by being a dickhead is moronic and accomplishes nothing. If you fail to understand this, congratulations, you're part of the problem.

Literally the only moronic thing is your lack of comprehension of what was written down in plain English. Its not fucking hard.
    The irony in all this flaming is that your entire argument is to not fight fire with fire

Achievements:
    Listen here you little drama queen.

THIS was what I responded to. You're implying that there is no point in enforcement, and you also said we shouldn't fight back. The comic reference was a light hearted side note that your little drama queen attitude spun into a derail, using words like "demented" and accusing me of saying that murder is fine. Chill the fuck out.

The entire point in the reference was that the good guys aren't suddenly villains because they fight back. Mike from Stranger Things even pushed a guy for being a dickhead. He started a physical fight over a verbal one, but we all still cheered for him because we still knew that he was the good guy. People who fight fire with fire aren't suddenly hypocrites or immoral. We don't base our morals on a hero's - a hero's morals are based on ours though. That's the only way for us to love watching them succeed.
    At no stage did I imply that.

What is plainly obvious is that defeating dickheads by being a dickhead does not solve a damn thing.

You become what you oppose.

Is that hard to figure out?

Fighting for a principle is all well and good, but at least understand WHAT you are propating by such an insinuation is just as, if not more, important.

Its not my problem if you don't understand this simple paradigm.

Enforcement only works if it is both consistent and explained in regards to potential repercussions of failing to understand and accept those consequences.

To get rid of dickhead behaviour by being a dickhead in equal measure is simply promulgation of the exact same thing. Which was my point all along.

Again, not my problem if you don't get that people being dicks is what they are entitled to do and therefore judged by that criteria. If you don't understand that the presupposition that the interpretation of that is purely subjective and me mocking your Punisher approach, as advocated by you, not me, is demented, then thats on you, not me.

My approach throughout this thread is consistent. Your's vacillates between extreme and inconsistent. Again, on you, not me.

I'll say this now, your interpretation is that of one who really has no idea about how implementation differs from observation.

That you didn't understand the analogy I presented is more reflective on you, not me.
    Last edited by RonanTheGreat; 03-22-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Achievements:
    At no stage did I imply that.

What is plainly obvious is that defeating dickheads by being a dickhead does not solve a damn thing.

You become what you oppose.

Is that hard to figure out?

Fighting for a principle is all well and good, but at least understand WHAT you are propating by such an insinuation is just as, if not more, important.

Its not my problem if you don't understand this simple paradigm.

Enforcement only works if it is both consistent and explained in regards to potential repercussions of failing to understand and accept those consequences.

To get rid of dickhead behaviour by being a dickhead in equal measure is simply promulgation of the exact same thing. Which was my point all along.

Again, not my problem if you don't get that people being dicks is what they are entitled to do and therefore judged by that criteria. If you don't understand that the presupposition that the interpretation of that is purely subjective and me mocking your Punisher approach, as advocated by you, not me, is demented, then thats on you, not me.

My approach throughout this thread is consistent. Your's vacillates between extreme and inconsistent. Again, on you, not me.

I'll say this now, your interpretation is that of one who really has no idea about how implementation differs from observation.

That you didn't understand the analogy I presented is more reflective on you, not me.
    Like I just said, it was a light hearted reference. It wasn't meant for picking apart everything he does except that he does as his name implies - he punishes people when enforcement fails to. How could I have possibly known that someone preaching about not being a dickhead would blow up over the mention of a comic hero and immediately accuse me of thinking that murder is okay?

You're already a hypocrite in your own argument. The only one who's taken things too far is you. I said what I meant in my reference. You failed to interpret it and still do after I've said it plainly. I will say it again and for the last time: there is nothing wrong with fighting back with equal measure that you were attacked with. This applies to ANY kind of attack against you, whether it's verbal or physical. And ffs, that does not make you a dickhead. Understand that, grasp that please. People can and should receive the same treatment as they treat others with.

Achievements:
    Like I just said, it was a light hearted reference. It wasn't meant for picking apart everything he does except that he does as his name implies - he punishes people when enforcement fails to. How could I have possibly known that someone preaching about not being a dickhead would blow up over the mention of a comic hero and immediately accuse me of thinking that murder is okay?

You're already a hypocrite in your own argument. The only one who's taken things too far is you. I said what I meant in my reference. You failed to interpret it and still do after I've said it plainly. I will say it again and for the last time: there is nothing wrong with fighting back with equal measure that you were attacked with. This applies to ANY kind of attack against you, whether it's verbal or physical. And ffs, that does not make you a dickhead. Understand that, grasp that please. People can and should receive the same treatment as they treat others with.
    Words speak for themselves.

If anyone, except you, had difficulty understanding my point of view or language used, then say so and I will address as needed.

As for you, accept you're an idiot who didn't understand what was plainly in front of you and move on.

Both the examples and arguments you presented were so infantile in the understanding of the meaning being purported to you equivocates a reaction that says I'm done being reasonable with you in regards to explanation, and understand me fully when I say that I accept any and all sanctions presented against me when I say you're a fucking moron who is utterly obstinate to simple principles that children understand.

I am done trying to enlighten people like you, the kind who throw shit then complain about the smell, of the folly of the own self defeating attitudes. I am sick to fucking death of making excuses for people who start fires and wonder why charred ash remains.

You are free to say I'm strawmanning, that I'm a hypocrite, that I'm wrong or misguided, but I refuse to accept the notion that anyone like you, who has provided nothing but banal arguments while demonstrating a complete lack of understanding pertaining to the basic principles presented to you, has anything to teach me.

So while I'm sure you know I'm right Seventh or Rainbow, go right ahead and ban my account, as I simply refuse to have a vegetable try to belittle principles that are widely accepted by rational human beings in place of a notion that sociopathic notions are a means to an end.

Gong,Kek, Zav, Zec,Lyr Az, Goobis, Ramen, RS and 7th et all, its been real and its been fun, but has it all been real fun?

Good luck dealing with the cerebral equivalent of a cinder block like this fuckstick.

Officially done.
    Last edited by RonanTheGreat; 03-23-2018 at 12:01 AM.
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Fighting/derail warning.

ahahahahahahahhaha

Just for reference. Fighting fire with fire is being a hypocrite it's just that the people that do that acknowledge and realize the usefulness of not being a "good guy" but a normal person.

Being a good person is hard.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 03-23-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran

Well this thread went places.

Toxicity aside, the problem has become so widespread that entire organizations are banding together to form a collective to try and problem solve this epidemic. You can read more about it on their official site http://www.fairplayalliance.org/