Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 5 ticket and FP WTF HI-REZ ?

Member Follower
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    people really grind in moba games? hi rez fix it!!! it isnt mmorpg!!!

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BojangIes View Post
    I don’t understand what you’re asking

Or are you disagreeing?
    You said they are willing to flex to make things easier for their playerbase.

S3 ticket was a one time purchase with accrued rewards.

S4 ticket was fragmented into 3 with a higher cost for each season pass.

S5 its the same as S4 but with an end total grind that will be impossible for most to reach without serious wallet shredding.

How exactly is this Hi-Rez being flexible to make things easier for the base? Objective analysis shows it is them milking the playerbase with little regard.

So yeah, disagreeing.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If level 31 is 40k or 50k, that is doable with regular play for 12 months, without opening paying extra $.

But for 80k FP, that will literally require you to not work or go to school, if you do not want to pay extra $.

Microtransactions are prevalent in the gaming industry. It generally started in mobile gaming, and is now in nearly every PC/Console game.

Corporations decide how the games are monetized to achieve maximum possible profit. Upper management says I want X% and the individual game developers have to work to achieve that.

It is what it is and Hi-Rez is doing the same thing with this 80k FP. But at least, it is purely cosmetic and not pay-to-win, assuming the specific skins do not confer some advantages on gameplay.

That's about as much as you can hope for.

And if people find that Hi-Rez is getting too greedy and getting turned off, well, every other game in the market is more or less about maximum monetization and microtransactions.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BojangIes's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    You said they are willing to flex to make things easier for their playerbase.

S3 ticket was a one time purchase with accrued rewards.

S4 ticket was fragmented into 3 with a higher cost for each season pass.

S5 its the same as S4 but with an end total grind that will be impossible for most to reach without serious wallet shredding.

How exactly is this Hi-Rez being flexible to make things easier for the base? Objective analysis shows it is them milking the playerbase with little regard.

So yeah, disagreeing.
    I never said anything about the season ticket I was just saying they've shown themselves to be flexible based on their response to feedback on reddit. Like for example, they changed FP at the start of S5 to be time-based, so longer matches = more FP. The FP gains turned out to be crappy, so people immediately complained about it and they reverted it back to the S4 system while tweaking it so that 20+ minute matches gave extra FP.

I can't think of other examples off the top of my head, but their interaction with reddit in general has given me a better opinion of them. Or maybe it's just stealth being a good community manager, Idk.

Of course Hirez still does Hirez things and puts their business first. The newest chest is 62 items, up from 55. They do that kind of stuff a lot. I think this is what you were getting at?

Also since you brought it up, are the new season passes really that bad when you get a skin that's worth the cost?

And regarding the Thanatos skin, every past season ticket had 4 skin rewards. This ticket has 4 if you include that Thanatos skin, which sucks, but on the flipside you can buy some Exclusive and DP skins with the FP. So I dunno, I feel that it kinda balances out.
    Last edited by BojangIes; 03-20-2018 at 05:22 AM.

New Member Cupidhead Deathpatch's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    They can lower it to 50k FP and I still wouldn't give a damn about it. I don't like the god, I don't like the skin. They can keep it. I'll even help them shove it up their a.......
    Yeah. That skin is crap anyway. Way too large, crazy colours. Archon is great, this one just suck. Not worth even 600 gems. Grim Reaper is better skin than this BS.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Watching the Streams on Mixer gives codes for Mixer chest that maximum White gives 500 FP and Blue 1000FP So they're helping us to get rewards faster
    There's no war we have not won!

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alordacas View Post
    people really grind in moba games? hi rez fix it!!! it isnt mmorpg!!!
    You play the game anyway.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    This crybaby generation. I want it all and if I can't get it no one else should. Buuuhuuuuu. wuuaa wuuua. sniff sniff

If it was a legendary axe that one shot everyone sure, but its just cosmetics. I don't understand at all.
    Rocking the boat

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Seriously you gonna complain about FP when HiRez gives out Mixer/White chests all the time and i have gotten like 15k from those chests alone and there is still more chests to be given out like i am barely playing Smite but im at 21k FP
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyW View Post
    Watching the Streams on Mixer gives codes for Mixer chest that maximum White gives 500 FP and Blue 1000FP So they're helping us to get rewards faster
    lol I mean they waited (key word waited) till the end of the season to implement a way to get the rewards just by watching the stream. Assuming you live in the "wrong" timezone and you at work while they stream (away from your home computer).... the system essentially seems like its a way to give people who probably wouldn't be buying anything some freebies while people earning their cash don't get the assist making it more likely that they'll buy gems.

I'm not stating it as a complaint, just to share my "deductive reasoning " for the sake of doing it.
    I'm guessing catching whales beats catching fish