Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ADCs Get Too Much Farm

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

ADCs Get Too Much Farm

Minute 25: ADC lv 20, support lv 14. Is that OK? I've mentioned this more than once but now I want to specifically talk about it. ADCs get too much farm in this game, while supports falls too far behind. Support should be leeching from ADC more and they shouldn't be left alone that much. They're not solo laners and that's for a good reason. ADC are usually the strongest late game characters and actual meta allows them to hit there so easily. I feel like we really need to find a way so ADC can't get away with that and duo lane is actually a duo lane. If not we'll have to change its name to solo lane 2.0 or not-that-duo lane or something.

Some people will say that this situation is one of which make Smite different and more lively, but I think it helps unbalance the game (what is already unbalanced enough) and this is not how a MOBA works.

One of the things that let this problem happen is ADC's push. For the most part, it's overwhelming compared to the classic MOBA ADC character, which allows them to effectively farm on their own. I mean, it's totally OK that some early-pressure hunters get better push, because that's their strength, right? But it should be just SOME of them. It's just the opposite, two or three have poor clearing and are usually considered as bad hunters while the rest have either good or great push. In my opinion, Artemis and Xbalanque should be the norm, not the exception. It's not that their clear is poor, it's the rest's that's damn absurd.

Hunters are simply stupid. The relatively good early game they have for the role, the good they are late game and the easy way they get there in this game. It all has to be changed, I think.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 02-26-2018 at 05:18 AM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,051
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I saw W3aken play He bo with Sylvanus in duo, really put things into perspective I would say. Not sure what hunter can easily contest a he bo in lane. I'm sure there are other picks that can upset and challenge the adc in duo meta, he bo with his amazing push early and long range initiation is one of them but I'm sure there are a few others. Now there are some ADCs that have a to easy time early on but really its just a few of them most adc are not that great lv 1-10. But since everyone runs guard+hunter I don't even see the problem cause since everyone does the same its an even playing field with the same possibilities.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    He Bo is broken so he can go anywhere. I'm talking about a little later into the game, not just the start. Pretty much always supports start with hunters on duo at the moment, so I wouldn't complain about that. And I don't think so. The ADC with good push aren't few. Few are who can't really push by their own, and as I said that should be the opposite. Every ADC got a clearing ability that does the job pretty well. At some point, too well in my opinion, so they don't need support anymore too soon and get too much farm while supports fall behind. That's not OK at all. The clearing skill shouldn't be a MUST on an ADC. They're too effective. As I said, only early-game oriented ADC like Anhur or Ullr should get something like this, obviously nerfing other things in the case of Ullr, what he needs anyway because Hi-Rez said 'What's up, guys? We know you were expecting a nerf from like 8 patches ago but we couldn't do so because it would be too obvious that we buffed him to sell skins, with the excuse that Ullr wasn't played in SPL what is a lie as he was actually played very often, but we're just tuning down 10% scaling after all this time', but that's another story...
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 02-26-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i mean all they can really do is give guardians blessing a better xp bonus, not much else you can do without impacting all roles.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    i mean all they can really do is give guardians blessing a better xp bonus, not much else you can do without impacting all roles.
    This basically.

But yeah I've noticed the XP discrepancies, it's partly why I moved from support main into Solo. Half the time when team fighting breaks out I'm a good 5 levels behind my team, even if we're the ones winning.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,291
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Even in S1-S4, when duo-lane was more of a duo-lane, Supports were still behind the rest of their team.

And I MUCH more prefer constant rotations than sitting in lane babysitting the wave.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Even in S1-S4, when duo-lane was more of a duo-lane, Supports were still behind the rest of their team.

And I MUCH more prefer constant rotations than sitting in lane babysitting the wave.
    I remember back in S4 I'd only be maybe 2-3 levels behind but somewhat even in gold all things considered. I feel so starved of either that I fret if buying an extra ward's gonna put me really behind which is something I've never encountered before.

Once you fall behind it's like, what do you do? I don't dare camp and leech waves from my ADC especially if the other support's roaming, but sitting in mid when the jungle is also there with the 3v3 matchup just sucks it away more.

A lot of the time also the jungle will camp clear before you can rotate, you could put this on me being slow on the uptake or rotations though I have no idea. I'm wondering if anyone else is struggling with that.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,291
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    I remember back in S4 I'd only be maybe 2-3 levels behind but somewhat even in gold all things considered. I feel so starved of either that I fret if buying an extra ward's gonna put me really behind which is something I've never encountered before.

Once you fall behind it's like, what do you do? I don't dare camp and leech waves from my ADC especially if the other support's roaming, but sitting in mid when the jungle is also there with the 3v3 matchup just sucks it away more.

A lot of the time also the jungle will camp clear before you can rotate, you could put this on me being slow on the uptake or rotations though I have no idea. I'm wondering if anyone else is struggling with that.
    If you need help with wards, buy Chalice of the Oracle, with it being 100 less now it is MUCH easier to warrant purchasing after your Talaria Shoes or your first defense/hp item. Camps in S5 respawn pretty fast and don't have a ton of HP themselves, if you are someone like Ymir or Khepri, you can easily whittle it down or save the big creep for whoever is rotating to it.

In terms of leeching, it is okish, but don't just stand in lane doing nothing but leeching. If you plan on leeching, rotate to something else afterwards be it a small camp or a possible invade or mid camp confirmation. Never three-man leech, you are killing your team if you do.

Orrrrrr you could go a more aggressive physical god support (Erlang, Serqet, etc.) and play as if you were a secondary jungler/bruiser instead of a pure tank. You have a lot of versatility options as a support in what you can use as a build path or strategy right now.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    If you need help with wards, buy Chalice of the Oracle, with it being 100 less now it is MUCH easier to warrant purchasing after your Talaria Shoes or your first defense/hp item. Camps in S5 respawn pretty fast and don't have a ton of HP themselves, if you are someone like Ymir or Khepri, you can easily whittle it down or save the big creep for whoever is rotating to it.

In terms of leeching, it is okish, but don't just stand in lane doing nothing but leeching. If you plan on leeching, rotate to something else afterwards be it a small camp or a possible invade or mid camp confirmation. Never three-man leech, you are killing your team if you do.

Orrrrrr you could go a more aggressive physical god support (Erlang, Serqet, etc.) and play as if you were a secondary jungler/bruiser instead of a pure tank. You have a lot of versatility options as a support in what you can use as a build path or strategy right now.
    I completely forgot Oracle was cheaper, I'll try that out and see how it pans out. I hate Talaria Shoes though lmao. I never got used to them and like the other boots but that's prob what's mainly causing me to fall behind in farm potentially.

I've also been trying to go more bruiser as well, but I'm such a defensive player sometimes that I'm not sure if it's worth it (I play stuff like Geb for example, the Nope Brigade) but I'll try working on some of my aggression.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I feel like the gold spooling on guardians keeps them relevant, and if you buffed guard blessing further, it'd be exploitable in some regard.