Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can I have advice for some easy to learn gods?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    for sure they are all good and know what they're doing, they're pro one can learn A LOT by simply wathcing their video and their guide.

nearly mandatory for beginners.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMasterz92 View Post
    I agree with everything but not to watch Dmbrandon , or weaken for 1 reason : their bad behaivour / bad manners, but everyone can do/watch anything he wants Incon maybe is not the best beetween the ones you wrote but surely is one of the best in terms of good manners etc (idk if I was clear about that)
    I suggest to watch CallMeMast he's very capable and very aware of what is happening in game and gives a lot of info about gods etc..
    Yeah dmbrandon is far too arrogant to watch and he treats other players very poorly.

I would encourage to watch Mast. He is by far the most entertaining to watch and he explains very well what he is doing.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    When I first started playing this game, I found Neith the easiest with her kit having everything - root, damage, sustain, slow, escape, global ult. But I decided to main Aphrodite instead because of my propensity for healing. I've always liked the healer role.

I started out playing mages, then tried hunters, and then guardians. These three roles are the ones I had most luck with. But I always watch videos and read guides to get better informed about a god I like. Then I spend some time playing those gods in practice mode before diving to regular matches. I usually don't care if I win or lose. It's the experience that matters most, for me at least.

I agree that watching videos from dmbrandon, weak3n, incon, emilzy, etc. have definitely helped me understand many of these gods. They have been a font of knowledge and although some don't have the best personalities, it doesn't invalidate the information that you could gain from them. Heck, I learned a lot about Aphrodite from dmbrandon's videos. I also like raynday's videos because he not only helps you understand a god or how to play the game, but also you could learn a few things about behavior and philosophies you could apply in game and in real life.

And above all, have fun. You can still have fun even after losing. Many people forget about that and take the game too seriously. Don't let anyone "kill your vibe"

And with that being said, I'd suggest Neith, Kukulkan, Ganesha, Bastet, and Chang'e. THey are quite easy to play and well-rounded in my opinion. Also they can be noob friendly. I'd recommend Aphrodite but only if you find support Mage enticing and fulfilling. She beckoned for me and I answered her call. And now I'm an Aphro main and darn proud of it.
    Last edited by hudapak; 03-06-2018 at 03:05 AM.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

New Member Cupidhead Crimson Gem2's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I forgot my password like a clown. Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. I'll encourage him to try some of these gods out to so he can have multiple gods he enjoys. Since we're casual I guess he only needs like one of each role, so since he only has a warrior he really likes we can try some of the easy people like neith. Thanks again, we'll be sure to have fun in unranked.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    don't even sweat about winrate, i was so bad, when i started it was my first moba, i spent the first day running into the wrong lane, i played 17 hour days for months, and was still bad, 2.5k hours later, i can pretty much swag on pro players or at least go even not even kidding. Smite requires a lot of hours, because repetition in smite is so big, learning and reacting to every ability, of every different god.

Poseidon, vulcan, loki, guan , hun bats, most important thing i did i played very very few god's, i spammed the hell out of posi when i started, then left him for support, then eventually went back to main mid, and yes don't tell him to watch dmbrandon, weak3n horrible mindset

honestly i learned a lot by watching drybears videos, there outdated, but to be honest for a beginner it's very relevant , very entertaining educational too,

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lord__Hazanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer, So of course I took to youtube right away to watch some videos and learn more about the game.

Right away, I stumbled on Dmbrandon, & Weak3n.... and WOW. Those guys are so toxic it's actually kind of disgusting. I couldn't make it through a single 1 of their videos. I'm sure they are great players, but wow, I just couldn't handle the insane ego stroking toxicity.

Right now Kukulkan has my highest winrate and KD. He seems like a very easy god to get the hang of. Plus as a new player, you can kind of hang back away from danger and just throw Tornadoes, and still contribute to the team.
    Last edited by Lord__Hazanko; 06-17-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMSON GEM View Post
    The gods he's played include Guan, Ra, Bakasura, Aphrodite, Apollo, Ymir, Thor, Loki, Neith, Poseidon, Athena, Tyr, Thanatos and Jing Wei. He says he enjoyed playing most of them so I'm sure he'd be willing to give them a shot again, but we would need a build or something, as his win rate is barely 20% and he has below a 1.00 kDa with all of these gods, His highest actually being with Aphrodite at .95.
    1 - First off with tanks while you can get a good KDA, it is not necessary to do that despite what some players say. If people really want to fuss over stats, win rate should matter more than KDA on tanks. This applies in your friend's case to Guan Yu, Ymir and Tyr, sometimes Aphroditie.

2 - God specific advice I do know about:

Guan Yu - tank either as a Solo laner or Support works. Solo build usually fits in items with cooldown as this also lets Guan spam abilities.

Ra - I do not play much but average mage build using items as needed fits. Which items depends on team comps and personal preference. Average Mage build wants Boots, 1 item with MP5, 1 item with lifesteal, 1 Pen item, Soul Reaver, 6th item is variable, for Ra 6th is usually Rod of Asclepius for healing. Note you do NOT have to build items in the order I listed, just need to plan for them in your final build.

Neith - Usually prefers a build with Power and Pen because she is considered a Mage Hunter, one that relies more on abilities that basic attacks. Transcendence stacked for power spike, Soul Eater for lifesteal, Jotunn's Wrath for stats, Boots and 2 more items that vary by player preference let her do good damage with not only basics, abilities also.

Athena - Support tank works best though she can do Solo tank. Sovereignty + Heartward for team protections and team defense. For a more offensive Athena, Jade Emperor's and Void Stone. Reinforced Shoes almost always. Other 3 items by preference and team comps. Leanr how to get close to enemies with and without her dash, drop the 3 to damage them then taunt with 2 into the 3 AoE so the second damage hit gets them.

That's just the ones I own and know. I have Ymir but suck with him, Thor still mixed with but he wants some protection. Transcendence, Shifter's Shield, Jotunn's, Warrior Tabi + 2 items of choice is usually good though not always.

The rest I do not have much to offer as I do not own them. Apollo is similar to Neith being a Mage Hunter so her advice might work. Poisiden is a Mage so the average Mage build mentioned for Ra is decent though you do not want healing rods on Poisiden. Aphrodite can be done similar to Ra or a hybrid tank + healing Mage. Jing Wei is more about her basics though at least one of her abilities helps her get crits so a typical Crit Hunter build should work. Bakasure and Thantos, forget it, I have no clue how to help with them.

I would advise with 14 gods perhaps not getting more and instead working on trying to learn those, possibly focus on getting some to Rank X learning along the way. I have 34 from only 8 months play and am still learning, refuse to get more until at least 5-10 are Rank X. No point overloading yourself with more to learn when you still have not learned the ones you have.

Given how much detail there is to know about this game, it is going to take time to learn things. If he is too impatient like some people are, perhaps it would be better to quit now than go through more frustration.

Remember Win Rate > KDA on tanks.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Personally, I would just try to find friends (More) through the games you play, and ask, ask, ASK. The most important thing you can do is ASK QUESTIONS. And generally let people know you/your friend are new, so they'll be a bit more accommodating starting out.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord__Hazanko View Post
    I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer, So of course I took to youtube right away to watch some videos and learn more about the game.

Right away, I stumbled on Dmbrandon, & Weak3n.... and WOW. Those guys are so toxic it's actually kind of disgusting. I couldn't make it through a single 1 of their videos. I'm sure they are great players, but wow, I just couldn't handle the insane ego stroking toxicity.

Right now Kukulkan has my highest winrate and KD. He seems like a very easy god to get the hang of. Plus as a new player, you can kind of hang back away from danger and just throw Tornadoes, and still contribute to the team.
    if u can't stand brandon/weak3n game playstreams I suggest at least try the guide videos brandon is not nearly as toxic in those but man does he go into ALOT of detail about how to play them. haven't really seen guide videos better then those for specific gods.