Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I have advice for some easy to learn gods?

New Member Cupidhead CRIMSON GEM's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376

Can I have advice for some easy to learn gods?

So my friend is new to MOBAs, and I'm far from experienced (I have maybe 200 hours including every MOBA I've played) He is struggling a lot with the game, to the point where I feel bad because I don't know if he is really having fun, and I'm not experienced enough to give him advice. He played 7 hours, mostly Guan Yu but he's tried 14 gods in total. I don't think he has a preferred role, but he usually likes picking balanced characters in any game regardless of genre. This usually leads to him picking something along the lines of a warrior, but I've seen him main mages in some games so that probably won't be an issue. The god doesn't need to be overpowered or anything, but are there any gods that are easier to use compared to the others and have a balance between mobility, sustain and damage?
    The gods he's played include Guan, Ra, Bakasura, Aphrodite, Apollo, Ymir, Thor, Loki, Neith, Poseidon, Athena, Tyr, Thanatos and Jing Wei. He says he enjoyed playing most of them so I'm sure he'd be willing to give them a shot again, but we would need a build or something, as his win rate is barely 20% and he has below a 1.00 kDa with all of these gods, His highest actually being with Aphrodite at .95.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Neith, Artemis, Bastet, Loki, Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, Ymir, and Odin are all pretty easy to play.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    One question before : which is the main mode or your friend on Smite ?
    Because of this, something can be different ;

However I personally recommend play Arena until you hit lvl 30, so here you can try gods, understand their kits and arena is very simple.
    And less toxic.

Joust could be your next step , with the introduction of structures like towers, phoenix and titan to slay.
    Clash is a 2 lane map with 2 towers for team and 2 phoenixies, so for beginners could be even harder than joust.
    Conquest is the hardest, the longest (normally) mode in Smite.

Gods that IMO are good for start are the ones with some sort of leap/dash to be and felt more safe during the match.
    One BIG advice I could give is to watch some Smite video on youtube for beginners, and to read every ability and visit: https://smite.gamepedia.com/Smite_Wiki
    that gives all the information you need to understand gods.

I know there is A LOT of information, this game requires time and effort to be learn at leat properly, but that's how MOBA are I guess.

Once your friend understands the mechanics of every god (more or less) and once he understands better the positioning in the map, or during teamfights, he could use some other gods with no mobility, such Zeus (pretty straight forward) , Artemis.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Guan is one of the more complex Gods to play well I think. Guan is like the master of bait and timing is so crucial on him. While both Ares and Ymir are pretty upfront in how they play they are not easy to play as they both lack escape.

I'd say try and stick to Gods with escapes/mobility who also have team fight presence. Xing, Pos, Merc, Kehp, Ama, Athena, Cupid, Hachi, Batz, Kumba, etc.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yeh i wouldnt start with guan. Game mode is important to know as well. Id recommend arena and joust.

Easy mages-zues(auto win OP in joust), ahpuch, discordia, anubis

Easy assassins- daji, bastet

Easy huntards-artemis, hou yi

Most guardians pretty easy to play

To me those are easy joust characters. Really though it comes down to positioning, grouping up and hitting abilities/basics.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Btw i dont think 20% wins is bad for a new player. Encourage friend to play modes and gods he enjoys.

Achievements:
    Imo win rate doesn't even matter.

You should really think to understand the game first, then one can think about WINNING that games . It's a bit to hard to do these 2 thing at the same time if you didn't spend A LOT of time in pratctice, or watching video, or reading every number of every god's ability and their description as a new player.

So do not worry about win rate.

Maybe he should do some practice against CPU before, that could be useful to try some gods and their kit without that pressure of a real game.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    yeah anything with an escape is gonna make life easier. personally think ravana is one of the easier to use warriors. altho his escape is his ult. I like agni too for mages he isnt ever OP but never really under powered either

everyone has gods they are naturally good with, I'd keep him experimenting. as far as builds.... only thing I can say here tell him to start watching youtube of dmbrandon, barracuda, weak3n, emilzie, incon.

side note get him off the auto level on abilites as fast as possible those things are notorious for being the worst order you want to buy em in.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    only thing I can say here tell him to start watching youtube of dmbrandon, barracuda, weak3n, emilzie, incon.
    I agree with everything but not to watch Dmbrandon , or weaken for 1 reason : their bad behaivour / bad manners, but everyone can do/watch anything he wants Incon maybe is not the best beetween the ones you wrote but surely is one of the best in terms of good manners etc (idk if I was clear about that)
    I suggest to watch CallMeMast he's very capable and very aware of what is happening in game and gives a lot of info about gods etc..

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    yeah I forgot about mast and I agree about those 2 for their attitudes, but they do know what they are doing and do offer quite a few guides etc. incon is my fave he just plain makes me laugh.