Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rage

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Rage

I think the change in the passive is good but I don't understand the power nerf. This will be a very viable item if you don't nerf the power it provides. 20 physical power is too low for a crit item. You can't get away with it on Posioned Star because of the attack speed and the strong passive it gives, but that's not the same case for Rage.

Just don't nerf the damage.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I think they had to nerf the damage because of the new passive.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    I think they nerfed the damage because they're nerfing ADCs through crits, but rage wasn't that crazy good. Crits synergize with power, they need some reliable source of power to be effective. They also decreased the damage on DB en Malice in 10, what I can come to understand, but leave an item like Rage with such a ridiculous 20 power is excessive in my opinion. It's not like 30 was crazy. I think it was OK.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rage did not need any nerfs to it unless they buffed it a lot which they did not really do. They should have just buffed the crit chance to 25% and leave everything else alone. The 2500 cost would have even been okay if they made it 25% without lowering the power on it.

Rage is now a crit item you only want in any other game mode outside of Conquest. If you get ahead in duo lane on ADC you don't even need Rage at that point and you will almost always get it in the mid game which at that point the kills slow down in duo lane. Awful change and please don't buy Rage in Conquest.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    Rage did not need any nerfs to it unless they buffed it a lot which they did not really do. They should have just buffed the crit chance to 25% and leave everything else alone. The 2500 cost would have even been okay if they made it 25% without lowering the power on it.

Rage is now a crit item you only want in any other game mode outside of Conquest. If you get ahead in duo lane on ADC you don't even need Rage at that point and you will almost always get it in the mid game which at that point the kills slow down in duo lane. Awful change and please don't buy Rage in Conquest.
    I agree they shouldn't have nerfed Rage along with the buff. The buff is not THAT great and the item wasn't that good to also nerf it.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,917
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    They are changing Crit to be more consistent but do less damage...

Which makes no sense considering you don't buy into Crit for consistency...

Triple Crit at this rate is going to become unviable, because if you go PS, Rage, and DB, you'll have half of your build devoted to 85% crit, but only 80 power in three physical items as an AA-Carry. This whole idea of Crit losing strength in exchange for a little more %-chance is a bad move, its just going to leave Hunters or crit-focused gods with no good choices come lategame.
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-25-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    I agree with you.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Probably quite a nice early game item for someone like artemis - it's not stupidly expensive and with just rage and she can have up to 55% crit with her passive. That allows her to make decent use of crit early on and then build some other items. She can also get away with just double crit as with db we have 70-80% crit giving her more variety in her build.

Triple crit is now basically the PS, DB, WD critalis combo as you get all the on crit effects.
    Last edited by DeathByDribbling; 02-26-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    Probably quite a nice early game item for someone like artemis - it's not stupidly expensive and with just rage and she can have up to 55% crit with her passive. That allows her to make decent use of crit early on and then build some other items. She can also get away with just double crit as with db we have 70-80% crit giving her more variety in her build.

Triple crit is now basically the PS, DB, WD critalis combo as you get all the on crit effects.
    Rage is not a good early game item, much less for Artemis. You seem to forget it costs 2.5 K gold and only provides 20 power and 20% crit chance before it evolves. It is an item you want to get for 4th or 5th slot, when fights come and you are able to stack it. If the enemies know what they do, you're not getting kills early with Artemis, so getting an item that relies on this to be effective early is not worthy. Precisely as Artemis can critically strike more reliably than others, you want an item that provides you with a strong effect when it happens such as Poisoned Star or Wind Demon, and not Rage that has no effect. I'm not saying it is not a viable option for Artemis, even if I consider there are better ones, but definitely not the best early on.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 02-27-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Rage is not a good early game item, much less for Artemis. You seem to forget it costs 2.5 K gold and only provides 20 power and 20% crit chance before it evolves. It is an item you want to get for 4th or 5th slot, when fights come and you are able to stack it. If the enemies know what they do, you're not getting kills early with Artemis, so getting an item that relies on this to be effective early is not worthy. Precisely as Artemis can critically strike more reliably than others, you want an item that provides you with a strong effect when it happens such as Poisoned Star or Wind Demon, and not Rage that has no effect. I'm not saying it is not a viable option for Artemis, even if I consider there are better ones, but definitely not the best early on.
    Exactly! If you really want an early game crit item you should get either PS or DB since both help you box in lane unlike Rage which has less power/crit than DB, and PS having the same power/crit chance for less gold with one of the best item passives in the game. Yeah, makes sense to nerf Rage this patch! But don't worry, we gonna nerf PS next patch because crit is too op! XD