Thread: Matchmaking

New Member Cupidhead ShyShy5522's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Matchmaking

Is it me or is it matchmaking. I have lost so many games consecutively every since I want to say almost before end of dec then season 5 came out and Jesus Christ I have been losing 5-7 games in a row I have better luck in rank which confuses me. Some games I get a ton of kills and still lose or we have good team work but for some reason near the end of the game the other team becomes this unstoppable force. In arena it’s either because feeding and I mean all the time their is that one person who feeds then says good job and the new wants to surrender. I’ve been in games where 3 mins in people are ready to surrender because they died it frustrates me because now we really are going to lose because you just made it known that you already to quit. Also in arena I know how points work but half the time I don’t get a announcement of minions reaching my portal we can have 5 more kills or 6 more and still be low on points and no minions have touched our portal.

I thought maybe it was because ranked wasn’t in the game for a min that I was playing against high level players which has never been a problem but when I look at their clan tags like 3 or all are a group while no one on my team is grouped and this has happened for the past few days I’m not saying kills I’m conquest means a lot but in arena it does hero kills are ( and minions are 1 correct me if I am wrong so we can still have more kills and lose . I don’t get it I’m not the best player but I am not horrible I know that much I am very decent and well aware player is the gods I pick? Seems people like Vulcan Aphrodite cabrakan and many more ha e been hitting harder then usual I know they buffed the mages a little but as far as I’m concerned it’s been really bad I have games were we will get completely demolished even with high level players on my team it’s bad.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Could be several factors.

1 - New people coming in combined with the ELO (or whatever system Smite uses) wipe.
    2 - Players who simply 'do what they want' because they just do not care.
    3 - DKCs (Damage Kill Crazy) who want that kill so bad, they ignore what is around them.
    3A - Conflicting objectives. I have been in matches on teams, mainly in Clash right now, where my 4 allies are obsessed with the teamfight and refuse to clear the enemy minion waves pushing the other lane. There I am in a tank, usually Guardian, trying to clear that lane pushing into the tower/phoenix because no Hunter/Mage will do it so I can go tank in the teamfight.
    4 - Time of Day. I actually find certain times of certain days are better, I get closer matches. Other times, complete thrashing of one team and if you are on that team, a good amount of toxic people.

Until things get settled where people should be in ratings, it is a mess. Personally I am trying to stick to playing certain times of the day when I get those close matches mentioned in 4.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Please can ANYONE at Hi-Rez explain this match I was just put into.

Me + a 4 man party with an average level of 23, versus a 5 man party with an average level of 146.

https://i.imgur.com/i4pY1rX.png

I'm not being facetious, but that is utter insanity.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MancIvo View Post
    Please can ANYONE at Hi-Rez explain this match I was just put into.

Me + a 4 man party with an average level of 23, versus a 5 man party with an average level of 146.

https://i.imgur.com/i4pY1rX.png

I'm not being facetious, but that is utter insanity.
    To be fair, how long was your que time? Guessing a bit longer. The que tends to widen its mmr restrictions the longer you stay in que. Best to refresh every 3-4 minutes if your trying to stay low elo.