Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sylvanus

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    Didn't he have that at one point and it was removed due to severe lane oppression?
    Idk, I wasn't playing when he was new but as far as I know since back in season 3 he hasn't had that. Though since the damage and heal are both around the same as chang'e heal(which also does damage and heal) I don't see why it would really be a problem. Only real difference is one is instant and one is over time.(and sylvanus has a 6s longer cool down)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I wish HiRez would let Sylvanus blend in with the foliage in the Conquest jungle so he could do surprise attacks on unsuspecting enemies....
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 2,230
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Best buff they could give him would be to let wisps affect everything instead of just gods(like chang'e heal)

Never.

Again.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Sylvanus has a moderately high skill curve to him, and really can't be balanced on the lower end. He feels horrible to play when you're new to him, but even with decent skill, you start to see an entirely different story. He has the second hardest CC chain in the game (looking at you Khumba), and basically and singular target that get's caught in it is dead if he isn't peeled for hard. I do wish his grab was either a little faster projectile speed or a lower CD, but that's because I'm in the midground skill wise with him. A successful kit operation does loads from early to late game equally, so the CD's while punishing to lower tier players, are validly necessary.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post

Never.

Again.
    Lol, but why. Chang'e does basically the same thing only more often and instant. If they gave his wisps the ability to affect minion waves he'd do a lot better when left alone than he ever could now. I get the hunter's blessing may be helping him out atm, but from what I understand that is only supposed to exist at all in conquest and aside from that he does pretty horribly with wave clear.(since he literally only has 1 ability to hit them with and it only hits half a wave)

Let him attempt the solo lane with his wisps! We got plenty who deal dot in game already, as well as plenty who can heal minions(chang'e, hel, guan yu) so there is nothing in the mechanics of his wisps to suggest it shouldn't affect minions. If they were too much in the early seasons of the game, wouldn't that be more because of the slower pace at the time? It doesn't seem too much compared to what we tend to have now.(though for all I know its also gone through several nerfs since then as again I wasn't around back then)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    only thing for me is his base attack speed and scaling is way outdated from when he was pretty good so they could bring that up in line with most or the other new guardian levels
    thats wher i start then look at him again after that

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 2,230
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Lol, but why. Chang'e does basically the same thing only more often and instant. If they gave his wisps the ability to affect minion waves he'd do a lot better when left alone than he ever could now. I get the hunter's blessing may be helping him out atm, but from what I understand that is only supposed to exist at all in conquest and aside from that he does pretty horribly with wave clear.(since he literally only has 1 ability to hit them with and it only hits half a wave)

Let him attempt the solo lane with his wisps! We got plenty who deal dot in game already, as well as plenty who can heal minions(chang'e, hel, guan yu) so there is nothing in the mechanics of his wisps to suggest it shouldn't affect minions. If they were too much in the early seasons of the game, wouldn't that be more because of the slower pace at the time? It doesn't seem too much compared to what we tend to have now.(though for all I know its also gone through several nerfs since then as again I wasn't around back then)
    You're looking at it like Sylvanus is a solo laner or someone who is always going to try and solo farm and push waves. That's wrong, Sylvanus is a support, he's supposed to share and assist in jungle exp, not take it all for himself. If you buff him for solo lane purposes you're just going to make him busted in the support role again. Nobody could clear vs him healing and granting prots to his own minions and beating down the wave with his aoe attacks.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Sylvanus has a moderately high skill curve to him, and really can't be balanced on the lower end. He feels horrible to play when you're new to him, but even with decent skill, you start to see an entirely different story. He has the second hardest CC chain in the game (looking at you Khumba), and basically and singular target that get's caught in it is dead if he isn't peeled for hard. I do wish his grab was either a little faster projectile speed or a lower CD, but that's because I'm in the midground skill wise with him. A successful kit operation does loads from early to late game equally, so the CD's while punishing to lower tier players, are validly necessary.
    nice story bro

You're looking at it like Sylvanus is a solo laner or someone who is always going to try and solo farm and push waves. That's wrong, Sylvanus is a support, he's supposed to share and assist in jungle exp, not take it all for himself. If you buff him for solo lane purposes you're just going to make him busted in the support role again. Nobody could clear vs him healing and granting prots to his own minions and beating down the wave with his aoe attacks.
    with each patch , with each new god this things will does nothing, since minions heal was removed a lot changes was maden, you know? no? lol

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Why exactly should he only be allowed to support? Anti heal is a thing (and even works on minions) as is pen. Yeah he'd be great in support still assuming whoever he is with doesn't mess up their timing and allow his dot to steal last hits but it isn't like people wouldn't be able to handle it. Plus it opens up options for him to solo lane instead. (Or mid you know, whatever)

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    And again(since I can't edit on these forums...) Chang'e already heals her own wave just as much and more often so him healing his wave isn't an issue. With everything currently in the game right now, there is no reason his wisps shouldn't be allowed to affect minions.