Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sylvanus

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I'm all for challengeng God's but the risk vs reward isnt there. For the cool down and difficulty level to hit it, it sure is lackluster.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Terrible god in my game modes. Though i suppose if hes balanced in conquest then hes going to remain terrible elsewhere.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Weirdly enough, this thread makes me want to pick him up again.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    How about making Sylvanus blend in with the foliage in the Conquest jungle so he could surprise attack enemies? Lol He's the only guardian I have with Diamond mastery. I find him a very good support. Although Ganesha seems more fun, in my opinion.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post

-Generally low damage
    Plz stop. Sylv one shots squish with combo in like 3 sec most of which they are in knockup cc if he can land it. He has aoe attacks. Aoe ulti. Aoe dot that can proc many items.

If you play him in current meta as support and fall behind and under leveled buhu.

He has great lane push early on.

Also blink ult is always great but its best with dmg sylv for sure. Sylv needs power both for stronger heals and better dmg. Sure he can be played as a front tank but its not what he does best, I consider him somewhat of a mid team placed God that can blink initiate when needed, this God can of course use def aura items but having strong dmg and heal on it ain't bad either and you can go a mix of course. Even demonic can work on him, aoe stacking ftw. You just need exec+qins a slow and anti heal and he is super hard countered as a front tank as he lacks mobility and strong defensive moves outside of ult. Even Ymir has better self peel then sylvanus I think. With dmg though Sylv is really hard to counter, he blinks in and debuffs and damages everyone, aoe stun that if he takes you off guard cant beads out off, sure he might die but his team can just roll over after if he is built right for debuffing and damage. Couple with a sprint on a team mate and beads on sylv and the retreat should be a given. Sylv doesn't really want the fight to drag out, he wants to go in and turn it around after that he is on cd so long longer fights doesn't benefit him, this means you'd want damage over def auras unless you can provide sick combos for team but you could do that with dmg as well as there are few ways to stop an initiating sylv. A tanking sylv will get countered hard eventually its very easy to build or get just from God kits, a damage sylv though and they be looking at hp and def items over damage and that is what you wanna provide for your team mates with sylv I think.

I just think he needs to get out of the support meta he is in and he will be much better off but that said his lane pressure early in duo is really valuable I think and he can snowball his lane just cause off that. His spells are weak if he falls behind so you gotta get ahead in your lane or you won't give team enough in mid game. Since this God has so strong mid game I think giving it solo farm at start can and maybe should be prioritized. Maybe Ullr + Sylv is a to greedy lane for other reasons that having a secure lane. Think off it this way. Nox has 2 utility spells that add a lot of their value no matter their rank or items (a long stun+ a long silence) her ult is nice with dmg but does still proc item effects with dot so she can go utility np. She doesn't need power, all she needs is CDR and utility making her a good support pick, i mean build, focus, heartward, bov, gem, spear and mantle on nox its a hazzle to deal with, even if she is behind in levels she would add lots of value to a team. Sylv on the other hand has much worse and unreliable utility but really shines with high power (as heals benefit from it and mid game he has 2 fully maxed dmg spells). You could support in duo with a nox and have sylv mid. Another thing to consider if someone beads nox all her power is lost, but if you blink ult, heal and bomb someone they can only avoid the damage with quick reflexes and blowing their escape, even if they beads after and escape the dmg is done. Investing in power with sylv compared to nox gives team much more reliable damage and stronger heals. If someone jukes nox combo then her power is pointless unless she ults and 3s but ult can be blocked, u can juke behind a wall and the 3 is her escape. See you can stop a nox going full power just by standing in front and using beads, u can't do this with sylv unless you get in his face before he blinks.

That is also why I say lane him with bakasura (in difference to other guardians you have ranged aoe attacks so you can clear really well and could babysit a baka or a kali, they could build guardian blessing for more gold and exp or assassins for better jungle). Baka is strong in jungle so he can roam there and let sylv get some solo exp while he eats up the jungle. But team up with a adc that wants to do the same as you (auto attacking a creep wave) and basicly can't loose the creep push. Then
    what are you gonna do with your spare time? Jungle? Sylv ain't great in jungle tbh and if you go to their side of jungle without an escape and their jungle or mid rotates well you are in for a rough experience. And sure you might win lane early on but the advantage would be even higher if you could get some solo exp from lane while ure assassin runs into jungle and clear some buffs later on. Or you sit there in front of your adc and, build your stacks and then you are behind cause the enemy team jungled quicker then your side did and pray your stacked guardians blessing will make enough gold to snowball ure def items before their dps get exec and qins. I'm not saying games like that can't be won I'm just saying I think his strengths are somewhat different then how he is mostly used at the moment. It might be that baka + sylv is super stupid for some reason I didn't think off but Im just tossing out ideas based on what I feel sylvs strengths and weaknesses are (good lane clear, strong mid game, shitty jungle, power based, shit if under leveled). If you want a guardians that does well even under leveled I would get kehpri maybe as only his 2 needs to be max leveled to make a good team impact but there are other choices (nox, aphro are given fafnir and geb to some extent atleast more useful at lower level then sylv cause they can use their kit without commiting, sylv needs to commit or have a lot of power to heal the team, ares can work from behind but its not easy, sylv basicly cannot work well from behind at all ever ,which would mean duoing him with an adc that isn't a confident jungle presence is really risky as you limit the options to get ahead as much as you should (like ho yi who is so dangerous in closed spaces and area denial it can make up for sylvs flimsy jungle presence and allow sylv to get out or get advantage in a clash on their or your side).

I'm not a great sylv by any means but I've seen dmg sylv done and I've seen support sylv work really well. I also seen it fail hugely and I think its for the above reasons. Nothing to you personally.

as for items? One def item giving both kinds of prots is good when you have heals. I suggest spirit robe as it also has CCR which Gods without mobility can really use but sure mantle is also nice. Picked up as 5th item maybe. Warlocks staff for power, hp and mana. Magis shoes. Spear of magus (even if you are dmg, debuffing with spear of magus I think would be better for team then going deso, atleast if you have a carry mage) or divine instead if badly needed. Poly. Deso/Chronos/Rod. It might be that cdr is to low on this then go focus+deso intead of rod. One slot over I think. Gem, Soul reaver, Etheral or healer ms item can all work I guess. Demonic if you are ahead and can spend time auto attacking can of course be put in anywhere in the build and will make ure kit hit harder it doesn't really offer nuking power but there is no way their tank will get advantage over you with gem, spear + demonic, warlocks and spirit robe. You can slow them, rip their mag prots to shreds and stun them for your mage carry to take the kill but make sure you have a mage carry to take advantage of your debuffing build or it will not work nearly as good. Just remember you are not the front line, you only go for this if you know their tanks and whatnot will come to your backline where you are sitting and then you can together with ure mage punish them really hard.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-13-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    A combo is by definition not a 1 shot, and you keep misusing the word stun....

Sylvanus doesn't have a stun, he has a knock up. There are several gods with built in knock up immunity, and jing wei can dash while knocked up. Nox also doesn't have a stun, it is a root which is VERY different.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Weirdly enough, this thread makes me want to pick him up again.
    Yeah same, he's only mastery 1 for me so it's not like I have this wealth of experience. I had the opportunity in one game but then hesitated and picked Geb lmao.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    didnt read like a half of comments, but what did i read was enought, and looks like peopel never touched him lol

1. he has shitty damage with long cd, look at first ability this radius is insanely small , his dmg from 2 is doesnt even feel by enemies its easily eaten by hp5 . his 3 doesnt have dmg lol, his 4 have mediocore damage, so talkign about that he is ok i nterms of dmg is bullshit

2. zero mobility, zero survivability

3. 80% of the gods have more cc then sylvanus xD his grab could be cool if they increased its lenght and added dmg mitigation while he castign it, i saw so many times when lowspeed stupid hand firing and missing and sylvansu cant do anything because his hand still not returned, how many times when you played sylvansu and did thsi mistake with miss and while hand is launched eevry enemy put udner you every shit and attacking you xD

4. ye, sylvanus is cool at early game, restoring health not to much but still do it, have mp5 flower, have pushing ability...but when game turns into tf , or enemies are to aggresive he cant do anythign outside of his ult, just imagine if enemies attacks whole team but sylvanus's ult on cd, what he will do? healing you with this shitty 50 hp per tick ? or 20-17 if enemies have antiheal? or root 1 enemy? or mayeb he cool and even will save you and grab 1 enemy from you...he is outsider, he isnt guardian, he is 100% support meatbag, building him full defence have no reason you will be more useless then full damage, if full damage he will die instantly cuz doesnt have escapes , bruiser? deal, but he will have no dmg if compare with others guardians, he is not meat he isnt fish he is a wood

conclusion: sylvanus is lane supporter, outside of laning he is walking ult, still wo dmg, cuz all of his dmg like i said can be easily absorbed by hp5

p.s. it possible to make 250 dmg per tick ult against squishes, so you can one shot em with ult and wisps, but liek i said he like shahid, jumped and died

p.s. if you wanna proof that sylva is good, im ready for duel, i very intresting in such pro players who can even make sylvansu great
    Last edited by Alordacas; 02-13-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Best buff they could give him would be to let wisps affect everything instead of just gods(like chang'e heal)

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Best buff they could give him would be to let wisps affect everything instead of just gods(like chang'e heal)
    Didn't he have that at one point and it was removed due to severe lane oppression?