Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sylvanus

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    They got traveler's boots to help with that. He does pretty well with shield of regrowth as well. If you just mean dashes or leaps there are plenty of guardians lacking in that department but they still tend to do well.
    That was probably why I never excelled with him. Personally I hate Traveler's shoes and never really took to them.

The main issue with Sylv for me is post 10-15min I just felt like he dropped off a brick, and god forbid the enemy just decides to dump on you. He has similar issues to Ymir and we know how nuanced of a pick he can be sometimes.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,108
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Exactly what Ramen stated ^

With the way tanks get shredded, one Sobek pluck, Zues ult, Herc, ect ect and you're done. Some early game heals and sustain is nice but mid game, he doesn't really have much damage.

When gods have AOE stuns, roots ect, a hard to grab pull isn't much. Especially when God's are moving all over the place.

Just wish he was more viable. Ymir is far better late game.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Exactly what Ramen stated ^

With the way tanks get shredded, one Sobek pluck, Zues ult, Herc, ect ect and you're done. Some early game heals and sustain is nice but mid game, he doesn't really have much damage.

When gods have AOE stuns, roots ect, a hard to grab pull isn't much. Especially when God's are moving all over the place.

Just wish he was more viable. Ymir is far better late game.
    I get it, but is you happen to build a spear of the magus you'll find yourself doing better damage while also helping your mage shred people.

Personally I don't build too heavily into damage on him because like you said his damage just seems to fall off.(probably since his abilities don't really seem tailored for damage) If you've got a good team though, the buffs/debuffs he can bring to a brawl thanks to his dot abilities can really make or break a fight. You got slows, shred, anti heal, and protection buffs all wrapped up into his wisps which due to their long duration aren't going away anytime soon. You usually gotta pick and choose a bit for which you want since going for all of them will leave him lacking in the defense department, but he is great at it.

I do wish his wisps had a slightly shorter cool down sometimes as I'd like to apply them to as many enemies as possible, but I doubt that will ever happen since it would make maintaining them on allies too easy. A little larger radius of effect might also make that easier instead of reducing its cool down, but again I don't see that happening either.

A more reasonable change would be to make his passive more consistent, I dislike the random factor just as much as I dislike it in midguardian mail.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    No, just no. He's already one of the best supports in the game at the moment and has been good for such a long time now. I honestly think he's the best support in the game right now to have since you just auto win lane on him without even thinking about it. Plus, he is really good for those early/mid team fights if you can land your pulls.

I think there is a higher chance to see him get nerfed or change how the hunter starter works on him over him getting a buff at the moment.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I like him, you sort of need to choose between damage or more supportive buffs but he's good. I do wish his pull was a little wider though, even if I root someone first they still end up dodging me sometimes(though admittedly that may have more to do with ping). One of the easiest to dodge abilities in the game with how thin the area of effect is.

Not saying make it extremely easy to land, maybe like Nox' root or a little thinner?
    noooo...dont make it wider. then the pros will pick him, you know like the did with raijin...bvecuz his abilities were easier to hit.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JEWJEWBEES View Post
    noooo...dont make it wider. then the pros will pick him, you know like the did with raijin...bvecuz his abilities were easier to hit.
    Why do you care what the pros do? Seems like a pretty irrelevant concern.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Not saying make it extremely easy to land, maybe like Nox' root or a little thinner?
    Just no, just stop making every god in the game 10 times easier to play because of bad players, we've seen this happen over and over and it's disgusting.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I see good ones every once in a while. I think the only buffs that he could get without making him OP would be a little lower cooldowns.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizoSkilz View Post
    Just no, just stop making every god in the game 10 times easier to play because of bad players, we've seen this happen over and over and it's disgusting.
    If this were an offline game I'd be far more likely to be in agreement with you, but since its online with various ping for everyone sometimes we need to be a little more accommodating. His grab is very thin, I've personally had it graze people without actually grabbing them several times. Whether this is from ping or it just being thin, a slightly wider area of effect would let it land in such situations.

Besides, it isn't like I'm saying make it Hercules ult wide or have it home in like Hou Yi's mark. Nox' root might even be a bit too wide, but I would like it wider than it is now.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Don't think he really needs anything.

If they want to give him something maybe lower the cooldown on the 3. If it is very hard to hit they atleast could let you attempt it more often.
    I'm behind this suggestion 100%. A cooldown reduction on his 3 would be a welcome change and makes it less punishing on the player if he misses the pull. Otherwise, I don't see any reason to buff him. Well maybe give him a little more movement speed?
    Aphrodite
    Unapologetically Beautiful.
    The rest are just envious b*tches and wannabes.

DIAMONDS: Aphrodite * Nu Wa * Kukulkan * Neith * Chang'e * Amaterasu * Medusa * Sylvanus * Cupid * Bastet * Skadi * Vulcan * Izanami * Hel * Ganesha * Bellona * Nox *