Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sylvanus

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Thoughts on Sylvanus

Seems not too long ago, Sylvanus was all the rage in Smite. Now, you hardly see him and when you do, it's usually not a win.

-Generally low damage
    -No mobility
    -His pull is arguably one of the most difficult abilities in the game to hit

This combination makes Sylvanus a challenging but bad God.

Do you feel he needs buffs? If so, where?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    He has a lot of dmg actually, and is the scariest Guardian to lane against when he goes Hunters blessing.
    He has no mobility because he has a root, and 2 types of Hard CC on top of healing, he needs to have a drawback.
    Yeah his pull is kinda hard to hit I guess and that's probably why he's not performing as well in Casuals, people don't want to try to aim they just want easy to hit abilities, big circles, cones and whatnot.
    I don't think he's too challenging, nor bad as for buffs hell naw.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I dislike the long cooldown on his 2, and how immobile he is.

As for his pull, that just needs a bit of getting used to. I remember using Sylvanus quite a bit during Corrupted Arena. Didn't have that much of an issue with hitting the 3.

But I haven't played him much since, so it will probably take some time to get used to the timing of the pull on 3.

But he is not the worst support guardian.

And if I am not wrong, since his 2 gives protections for team and is easily applied, he can give the maximum possible protections to your team with the right items.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I like him, you sort of need to choose between damage or more supportive buffs but he's good. I do wish his pull was a little wider though, even if I root someone first they still end up dodging me sometimes(though admittedly that may have more to do with ping). One of the easiest to dodge abilities in the game with how thin the area of effect is.

Not saying make it extremely easy to land, maybe like Nox' root or a little thinner?

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Well atleast the pull is easy to hit if you can root the person than have your team end them and the pull can go through walls so if you can time it right it will have a lot of you ,but yeah with the enemy being hit by a hard CC you will have a hard time landing that pull.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Don't think he really needs anything.

If they want to give him something maybe lower the cooldown on the 3. If it is very hard to hit they atleast could let you attempt it more often.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 852
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I always thought he was overrated back in S4 when pros were running him honestly. I think with some item changes from S5 however he has some viability in Solo but I'm not 100% convinced he's top tier in terms of support. His main issue is his mobility, and now that the map is even larger it feels even more apparent that everyone needs to be Sanic.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Sylv still is one of the best pushers of guardians in the game, and a nightmare to fight early in Duo since he ensures the outclear basically. He is also a great help to Hunters struggling with clear in early or counterinitiation
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    I always thought he was overrated back in S4 when pros were running him honestly. I think with some item changes from S5 however he has some viability in Solo but I'm not 100% convinced he's top tier in terms of support. His main issue is his mobility, and now that the map is even larger it feels even more apparent that everyone needs to be Sanic.
    They got traveler's boots to help with that. He does pretty well with shield of regrowth as well. If you just mean dashes or leaps there are plenty of guardians lacking in that department but they still tend to do well.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,933
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Needs zero buffs. Sylvanus still has aoe attacks, sustain, and heavy push with one of the best ultimates in the game. If mobility is an issue, get some Talaria shoes. Hirez needs to stop buffing characters because they are harder than the most of the cast, this is how we get shit like Ullr becoming best hunter.

Currently for Conquest, he is a good pick cause as usual, his aoe basic attacks in the early game allow you to outpush the opposing hunter, put them behind in gold, get yo- oh you know the same thing he has done every season he is viable no need to say it again.

Ability cooldowns are high yes, but with how much they do its needed.
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-12-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.