Thread: Linking Accounts - Whats the point?

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379

Linking Accounts - Whats the point?

So I started playing a bit on my PC back in December, getting to around level 5. Then classes started back up so I took a break until about a week ago when I started playing on my roommate's PS4, getting to around level 17 using my PSN account. I then linked my accounts expecting the data to merge. I understand now this was a temporary feature offered when the game left Beta or something and is no longer a feature for some reason now, as frustrating as it is to lose all that progress when Im not playing on my roommate's console.

Can someone explain to me then what the point of linking my accounts is? Is it just so Hi-Rez has my personal information or does it actually serve a function that benefits me in some tangible way?

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    As of right now it has no actual use (aside from maybe some special skins that can still be earned).

During the Beta however, it was Hi-Rez's way of letting the PC community that wanted to also play on console access to the things they bought/earned on PC.

This included (as to my best knowledge);

Gods owned

Skins owned

Mastery level

Extra stuff [things like pedestals, boarders, ward skins, etc]
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Thats frustrating, especially when they have clearly demonstrated they are capable of implementing this feature and purposely keeping the data separate.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    As said it really is useless unless you want the special skins. Apparently they are no longer able to merge because of limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezPonPon View Post
    It has less to do with us being technically able to do it, and more to do with agreements and limitations set at Sony and Microsoft.
    Source: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ccount-merging

Every single player though wouldn't be against having data merging back, hopefully these limitations will change soon
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vdrift's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    I just hate that there could be some skins that have never been unobtainable (Example: Curse Voice Apollo, Curse Voice Agni) on consoles because the requirements are unable to be met in any way for console. Or you have this limited skin that will never be released again that was never re-released for console players to get it. If you ask me, they should have left the feature of at least merging gods owned and skins owned.

All you get now for linking is a god skin for Odin (which doesn't even look that good) if you link PS4 and PC account, and a god skin for Zeus when linking Xbox One and PC account. You get the god for free if you don't own them to use them as soon as you want (free god. Hey!). Still, you don't truly get much for linking account. This forces some players to even need to buy skin twice if it is limited and they truly want the skin on more than just one of the platforms they play.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdrift View Post
    I just hate that there could be some skins that have never been unobtainable (Example: Curse Voice Apollo, Curse Voice Agni) on consoles because the requirements are unable to be met in any way for console. Or you have this limited skin that will never be released again that was never re-released for console players to get it. If you ask me, they should have left the feature of at least merging gods owned and skins owned.

All you get now for linking is a god skin for Odin (which doesn't even look that good) if you link PS4 and PC account, and a god skin for Zeus when linking Xbox One and PC account. You get the god for free if you don't own them to use them as soon as you want (free god. Hey!). Still, you don't truly get much for linking account. This forces some players to even need to buy skin twice if it is limited and they truly want the skin on more than just one of the platforms they play.
    Welcome to why console players want a way, even if just once a year, to buy previous skins that they had no means of getting ahold of *coughArchonThanatoscough*
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vdrift's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    Welcome to why console players want a way, even if just once a year, to buy previous skins that they had no means of getting ahold of *coughArchonThanatoscough*
    I just want my curse voice skins. They look pretty well made and I enjoy playing Apollo with it instead of the rest of the choice that makes me waste money. ._. But I guess, sure. Add me to the rest without getting to know me. XD I just like speaking in general because I know people I'm with wanted some of the limited skins that was never on console and they never played in PC back then. Maybe not all of them, just the gods they play often and they think it looks really good, but he cannot because it is "limited" and never given a chance for console players.

I however cannot complain. I did have a chance if I did buy the ps4 on time before Smite wasn't beta anymore. It is my fault that I couldn't get my skins into the game nor get the console on time.