Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thot deserved a nerf, not a buff

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post

I destroyed several Thoths easy in S5.

He needs to be right next to the wave at lvl 1 and possibly lvl 2 to clear.

Hit Crush on him, and constantly poke him, your autos are better his have a windup animation that Scylla doesn't have, her autos are really good for an ability mage.

Constantly outpoke him as much as you can until he reaches his safe spot at lvl 4-6. You should have a decent lead and hell if he's not careful you can solokill him at level 5 easy.

~~~

And considering I main Scylla and I also like Thoth a lot I think I know what i'm talking about when I talk about their matchup.
    You doing well or not against a god means nothing when talking about how good or bad a god is. That's awesome that you are kicking his butt, but that's not what we are talking about here. Plus, what level are you doing that in? Normal Conquest? Low ranked? High ranked? You did not say. That's also just one match up that rarely happens, though I don't think a good Thoth player should have a problem with Scylla. I can say I destroyed this god with this god, but that does not mean that god is better. There are a lot of other facts going on that you have to think about. If a Thoth is getting poked that much in lane against a Scylla with her easy to see coming Crush that means they are not very good at mid and not just the god.

Also, I'm just not saying this because I feel like it, you can take a fast look at his god leader board if you play on PC and see how amazing he is right now. Look at his board and then look at a mage like Scylla and say he is not one of the top mages in the game. Same for He Bo who is almost always banned in ranked for a good reason just like Freya and Ullr. Thoth is sometimes a first ban if not a second ban if the mid has not been picked yet. Facts are facts and it's not just imo here. You are going to see a lot of Thoth in the SPL and ranked if nothing happens to him or mage items he likes.

Thoth really did not need a buff going into S5 with a lot of things favoring him over other mages.
    Last edited by Yuls; 02-12-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Agreed. He Bo being the best mage in the game is hilarious.
    And Than is far from OP.
    Glad you got a good laugh out of that! I wish I was wrong though since He Bo is a pain and not funny at all! He makes me sad. : (

Also, who is saying Than is OP? He's not first pick/ban OP, but he's very strong right now for sure! Should be even better next patch with crit assassins taking a hit.

I think Agni might be another god everyone is sleeping on as well! He's very good in S5!
    Last edited by Yuls; 02-12-2018 at 06:23 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    Glad you got a good laugh out of that! I wish I was wrong though since He Bo is a pain and not funny at all! He makes me sad. : (
    You are wrong. Hebo remains much less safe than other mages, which counteracts his low CDs. If you want to get in an enemy's face, then he's your god; but if you want to play it safe or have more utility, try picking a god who's only 70% water.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    >Acting like god leaderboards mean anything.

I was diamond Ullr in Duel last season after 12 games. Ullr is OP (duh) but the thing is...I was in Silver.

Hell you can be Bronze 5 and have a Master's border Thoth/anygod.

It proves nothing.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    He Bo is actually really good right now. Mid's 1v1 and he's really good at 1v1s.
    Which is why I never said he was bad, but that him being the best mage in the game is wrong.

Also, who is saying Than is OP? He's not first pick/ban OP, but he's very strong right now for sure! Should be even better next patch with crit assassins taking a hit.

I think Agni might be another god everyone is sleeping on as well! He's very good in S5!
    He Bo just isn't the best. He's not bad (he is called 3 ults for a reason), but there are mages with better clear, mobility, utility, teamfight presence, etc.

You said Than is OP...

I can agree on Agni. His latest buff in late season 4 made him above the "perfectly balanced" point. I'd give him A+/S- tier.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    On this episode of "How to Discredit Your Post Before the First Sentence is Even Finished..."
    Well he is diamond lvl player while you are bronze/silver.
    Obviously there is difference
    Last edited by Yuisoku; 02-15-2018 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Auto correct

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Thoth is almost entirely dependent on the momentum of his team. When his team has good momentum, he's able to tip the scales in his team's favor even more. He needs a good team for him to aggress with his dash for the extra damage, so he only has his glyphs for poke. While these are long range shots, they more so win only on a battle of attrition. Potions early and lifesteal counter his poke pretty hard. Someone else mentioned being vulnerable after his dash, and it's absolutely true. If thoth doesn't kill you off his dash, he's extremely easy to shutdown hard.

I love him for his range, but he takes stacks to get going, and is easy to counter with a gank.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuisoku View Post
    Well he is diamond lvl player while you are bronze/silver.
    Obviously there is difference
    Actual information about the game > whether or not I've bothered with trying to climb through the idiots in ranked.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Don't listen to everyone here, he is probably the best mage in the game right now with He Bo and almost all the pros agree on he is. If he gets no nerf before SPL he will be top pick/ban without a doubt since he no longer has a bad early game clear. He is right behind He Bo when it comes bans and picks, just look at his god leader board on PC and look at any other mage, you will see how nuts he is right now.

His early game is much better than Scylla right now it's not even close. Plus a much safer and better late game. He's very broken right now. You should always pick him if he is up in ranked.

Him and Than are low key broken right now.
    I agree with everything you have said. Also, I used him just three times and know perfectly how he is used, very easy and broken af. Unbeatable.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    A Thot can win a match even if his entire team does barely anything. I have seen it several times.
    And why leaderboards don't count? Only counts the statistics you say about ranked? Please...
    Thot has the glyph everytime, he is always capable of cleaning line, escaping and getting kill. And if you build him cdr x'DDDDD it's ridiculous. You can have a possibility of killing him if the entire team ganks with him being alone XD