Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thot deserved a nerf, not a buff

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Thot deserved a nerf, not a buff

Its not normal that a God that makes so much damage, can attack from far away without even get hit a single time and that has a powerful run away, deserves a high nerf. The Thot pick rate is extremely high because of the reasons I have previously mentioned. When in the 90% of the matches is a Thot, finishing with a 10-1 and that can also win in a 4vs5 match, there is clearly something wrong that requires attention.
    The damage of the abilities should be nerf, and the cooldown of the third one should be increased.
    This is my sincere opinion, as also the opinion of many others, so I hope nobody gets unpolite with no reason

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Mage damage JUST got nerfed, and pick rate doesn't decide whether a god is in one state or another. Case in point, Discordia and Janus are picked more than Thoth. Now why is Thoth a problem, but they aren't?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Thoth is fine.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Gas the thots

Achievements:
    Thot in the changes got a BUFF, not a nerf. Janus? You don't see Januses except in assault XDDDDD Discordias pick rate is also high because she is also broken, but in this post I wanted to focus in Thot, as I said in the title. Thot is not fine. Thot makes same or more damage than mages without escape, and that is just no fair.
    Then, explain me the reasons why YOU think Thot is not op. I want to know.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post
    Gas the thots
    You are so right man xD

New Member Cupidhead NeoDhaos27's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Achievements:
    I agree with this. If you have a look to the "first" mages, they have no escape. And that was to compensate the huge dame they can do. But the newest ones have both insane damage and some skills to run away. WTF? So, if you try to focus them in a teamfight, they just have to use their escape skill, making you feel like an idiot in the middle of the whole enemy team. As a main warrior (yeah, I'm fucking crazy), this is so unfair.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Mage damage JUST got nerfed, and pick rate doesn't decide whether a god is in one state or another. Case in point, Discordia and Janus are picked more than Thoth. Now why is Thoth a problem, but they aren't?
    Adritxan didnt say Discordia and Janus arent a problem.

Thoth would be balanced if he only had his long range and damage, but hey, he has that, then a dash and a stun.
    So, you're telling me that when i try to chase a Thoth but he can cast his 3 and dash kilometres away, then stun me. That's fine, right? Also, while i try to get him, he blows my life away with his 1, and juking doesnt help if the Thoth actually knows how to aim.

So, we have a mage with ridiculous range, a lot of damage, a dash, a stun, and an ult that can one-shot. No wonder why he is so picked.

BUT HEY! He is THOTally balanced.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Thoth's earlygame is worse than Scylla's and he's very mana hungry earlygame.

Gank him when his 2 is down (and his 2 has a long ass CD early) and he's free food.

Lategame he is a monster like any lategame mage.
    What do I put here now?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Adritxan View Post
    Thot in the changes got a BUFF, not a nerf. Janus? You don't see Januses except in assault XDDDDD Discordias pick rate is also high because she is also broken, but in this post I wanted to focus in Thot, as I said in the title. Thot is not fine. Thot makes same or more damage than mages without escape, and that is just no fair.
    Then, explain me the reasons why YOU think Thot is not op. I want to know.
    https://smite.gg/

Stats are taken from ranked Conq. Janus has a 33% pick rate, while Thoth has 16%. Don't act like you know your shit when you don't even bother to do your homework.

Discordia is not even remotely OP. She doesn't do anything special for a mage. They ALL blow up targets at range with just a couple abilities; and much less easily without Tahuti, I might add.

Thoth (not "Thot," which is something else entirely and the fact that you keep misspelling it tells me you don't know what it means) may be safe, but aside from a narrow, single-target stun and longer range, there's nothing else which puts him above other mages; in fact, with GoP, his total scaling is 175% if he lands every shot from all 3 normal abilities--that's less than other burst mages like Agni, Isis, or Poseidon (factoring in his steroid). Not only that, but he can ONLY get that range while sitting in one spot. He's easy to read and predict, and I never get much grief from him.

Quote Originally Posted by DWalker61 View Post
    Adritxan didnt say Discordia and Janus arent a problem.

Thoth would be balanced if he only had his long range and damage, but hey, he has that, then a dash and a stun.
    So, you're telling me that when i try to chase a Thoth but he can cast his 3 and dash kilometres away, then stun me. That's fine, right? Also, while i try to get him, he blows my life away with his 1, and juking doesnt help if the Thoth actually knows how to aim.

So, we have a mage with ridiculous range, a lot of damage, a dash, a stun, and an ult that can one-shot. No wonder why he is so picked.

BUT HEY! He is THOTally balanced.
    >juking doesn't help at max range against a projectile-based god with his only CC being a narrow stun
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts