Thread: Limited Skin Issue

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Limited Skin Issue

How can you make the Pale Raven Morrigan skin limited and only for an award in ranked. Not releasing the information til the last minute to get it. You released it in Twitter but not Facebook. The only hint that I got for this skin coming out was in the patch notes. I was so exicted and had this looking foreward to! Heck at least if it was posted on facebook that it was an award i would have worked on it. Instead of it being a patch note and thinking it was in a chest. And i live with 4 other smite players and they all thought it was in a chest too. I was preparing to spend money on! I feel cheated and saddened. The only reason I picked up this game was because you added in the Celtic pantheon. My heritage/mythology. I've spent 100s of dollars on this game and getting all of her skins. And just to be told now I can never get it. I honestly don't know if I want to play anymore or not. What good things and recommendations I had for this game are pretty much out the window.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The way Hi-Rez informs people, I agree it's really bad. But there are multiple gods with limited skins that people want and they will never get, you have to move on. Leaving a game because you can't get a skin, i'm sorry but that's kinda ridiculous because people should be playing this game for the gameplay not just the skins.
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I've got plenty of limited skins I want but can never get as well, I do wish limited didn't mean never coming back(I mean seriously a lot of those skins just end up no longer existing once the few that got them no longer play, and they are good skins).

The morrigan skin I knew was from ranked rewards just from these forums though, as for it being sorta last minute I kinda thought the ranked rewards limited skin was always revealed sorta last minute. Every year ranked gives a limited skin, and they never say who it is for until the season is almost over.(by which time unless you start playing a TON of ranked you probably won't be getting it anyway)

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    from the time it was revealed in patch notes to the time the patch dropped i won 75 ranked jousts (to make sure i got the frame already confirmed the wins for the skin) while also working a full time job, so there's no real excuse here. i'd give quite a bit to have Vallkali but it's wrongfully limited so i carry on.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    from the time it was revealed in patch notes to the time the patch dropped i won 75 ranked jousts (to make sure i got the frame already confirmed the wins for the skin) while also working a full time job, so there's no real excuse here. i'd give quite a bit to have Vallkali but it's wrongfully limited so i carry on.
    To be fair he could be very unlucky with the teams he is matched into. Maybe he is just really bad at the game. Could only be allowed to play on weekends etc. Winning 75 games(keyword winning) can take a very long time. Even just playing 75 games takes a long time but that'd be a LOT more doable in the timeframe given(since they released who the limited skin was for).

For some people(such as those who lack skill) it could take several months to actually win that many. So there is a bit of an excuse. Honestly knowing that ranked always gives a limited skin would be the thing there is no excuse from. If you want to make sure you won't miss it, you start on it at the beginning of the year. Otherwise you risk missing out on what could be a skin you want.(though no guarantee it will be something you want)

Still, I wish limited skins only stayed limited for like 5 years and then became exclusive or something. So many awesome skins wasted over the course of time.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    i think my 75 wins was out of 180 games. a lot of it was when i could play though cuz id win 10 of 13 if i had the day off and 1 out of 4 if i had to play after midnight PST (cuz that's when players are stoned and/or high ping foreign players)
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids