Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 5.2 - Legend of the Foxes - Official Patch Notes

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,985
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    That's a good way to kill crit without giving anything back to people that want to build crit. They should have just made it higher gold cost like around 3400-3500 so it stops people from buying it early while still have 35% crit. Easy and simple fix since if you try to rush it you put yourself so behind and are useless for such a long time.

Pretty awful change to DB and not worth buying with Spectral Armor in the game in S5. The buffs to other crit items better be good to make up for this nerf or crit is dead again for a whole year.

They should buff Rage to 30% crit and give it back the old passive so crit builds can keep up better with pen builds in the early game. Maybe also lower the gold cost down to 2300. Would be also cool to see a new crit item since we have not got a new crit item in over a year.

Some of the best and most fun games in the world have RNG in them and I don't think killing crit and making pen the only build fun or good for the game. I mean, we just took out Rod for mages so they could build more stuff, but hunters just go back to building the same pen items again? Boring.

Also, I forgot they nerfed LS hunter items as well this patch making crit even worse and AA based hunters. And crit still has to deal with things like Thorns+Hide of the Nemean Lion. Just tell everyone to play magic ADC and Skadi or Ullr why don't you!
    Its not like that is a bad thing. Hunters got buffed coming into Season V and have been needing some nerfing for a few patches now from back in Season IV. I am perfectly fine with crits being in the meta-game or being a strong option, but buffing the strongest crit item in the game in terms of raw burst giving it the same crit % as a stacked-Rage was stupid move. Deathbringer is supposed to be a late-game luxury item that you invest a big gold sink into, not something you should be seeing Hunters with by third items and completely ignoring pen. Deathbringer + Poison Star makes boxing without Nemian/Thorns next to impossible and seeing it early in the match instead of lategame just makes it worse. You are seeing these two lifesteal nerfs, and crit nerfs because the class is/was already overpowered. You took a Mages most important item outside of Shoes, nerfed it to hell and back and told them pretty much to find something new. You reworked Titans/Obsidian to be more effective at dealing with tanks, and made it hell for a pure-support to farm without setting his allies back with the reduced EXP sharing. Meanwhile Hunters? Deathbringer lost some burst in exchange for becoming much more consistent and also working as a single-purchase crit with in-built steroids for it, and almost made it the SAME PRICE AS WIND DEMON. They 100% needed the changes. Artemis, Merc, etc. are supposed to be lategame carries, but when they are running around at like 12 minutes 3-hitting squishies with Deathbringer don't you think that's an issue? And if the nerf was truely detrimental and Hunters will start struggling (highly doubt it) than they can always touch a few more items here and there to try and balance it out.

TL'DR- Buffing Deathbringer was a dumb move, Hunters can stand to get a nerf or two without buffs, Deathbringer shouldn't be being bought so early in a Hunter-build and being as effective as it was.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    One of these days I will see an update for the clan system. May the gods of smite bless this post with the power of the heavens.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Antiheal.

Lifesteal on mages other than Goobis finally actually works and is viable. Please keep it that way.
    It honestly has been viable for a while, I've been getting Bancrofts on Ao, Chronos, Sol, Morrigan, Freya, He Bo from back in s4.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizoSkilz View Post
    It honestly has been viable for a while, I've been getting Bancrofts on Ao, Chronos, Sol, Morrigan, Freya, He Bo from back in s4.
    You got Bancrofts for the cheap early power not the lifesteal.

Now the lifesteal part of it is actually a useful thing to have.

Let's just say Bancrofts-only Scyllas were utter shit.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    You got Bancrofts for the cheap early power not the lifesteal.

Now the lifesteal part of it is actually a useful thing to have.

Let's just say Bancrofts-only Scyllas were utter shit.
    The lifesteal was useful on most of the ones i mentioned. I don't think it should be useful on every single mage.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    The lifesteal was useful on most of the ones i mentioned. I don't think it should be useful on every single mage.
    Lifesteal is useful on practically every hunter, though.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Lifesteal is useful on practically every hunter, though.
    Because they are auto attack based, it's useful on every AA mage too, but it's useless on most Assassins.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Because they are auto attack based, it's useful on every AA mage too, but it's useless on most Assassins.
    That's kinda the point though, it is finally useful on aoe life steal.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Its not like that is a bad thing. Hunters got buffed coming into Season V and have been needing some nerfing for a few patches now from back in Season IV. I am perfectly fine with crits being in the meta-game or being a strong option, but buffing the strongest crit item in the game in terms of raw burst giving it the same crit % as a stacked-Rage was stupid move. Deathbringer is supposed to be a late-game luxury item that you invest a big gold sink into, not something you should be seeing Hunters with by third items and completely ignoring pen. Deathbringer + Poison Star makes boxing without Nemian/Thorns next to impossible and seeing it early in the match instead of lategame just makes it worse. You are seeing these two lifesteal nerfs, and crit nerfs because the class is/was already overpowered. You took a Mages most important item outside of Shoes, nerfed it to hell and back and told them pretty much to find something new. You reworked Titans/Obsidian to be more effective at dealing with tanks, and made it hell for a pure-support to farm without setting his allies back with the reduced EXP sharing. Meanwhile Hunters? Deathbringer lost some burst in exchange for becoming much more consistent and also working as a single-purchase crit with in-built steroids for it, and almost made it the SAME PRICE AS WIND DEMON. They 100% needed the changes. Artemis, Merc, etc. are supposed to be lategame carries, but when they are running around at like 12 minutes 3-hitting squishies with Deathbringer don't you think that's an issue? And if the nerf was truely detrimental and Hunters will start struggling (highly doubt it) than they can always touch a few more items here and there to try and balance it out.

TL'DR- Buffing Deathbringer was a dumb move, Hunters can stand to get a nerf or two without buffs, Deathbringer shouldn't be being bought so early in a Hunter-build and being as effective as it was.
    Buffing DB was fine, but the problem was they should have made it cost more gold so you can't get away with it early on. DB should be the crit item you buy when you are about to finish out a game and it's your last item. I don't think 35% crit was the real problem, it was the cost and how much you would get for that cost. Let's see how many hunters build it early with a 3500+ gold cost. It would still be a great item to have late game, but not early.

I still think they should make a new crit item that you can build somewhat early, but make the power on it very low so even when you do crit it's not for much at the start. Kind of like a 1800/2200 gold cost crit item that you sell for a DB later on. Could even give it old Rage passive or something new.

As for gods like Artemis, she's always gonna be more scary when she can go crit and not get super punished for it, even more so in ranked. Her passive is one of the best in the game for a hunter. Also, 12 mins is like the mid game now in Conquest because of how fast the games can end now. They usually go 22-28 mins. I'm pretty sure Artemis will still kill people that fast even after DB nerf since that's how much damage she can do really fast on a non tank if you are not careful.

And yes, next patch in 5.2 I think mage ADC will become the best ADC to play after this outside of gods like Skadi and Ullr. I'm not saying it will be like that forever since they did say they are going to look at crit and mage items next patch after 5.2. But for at least for one patch, yes.

Also, if hunters are so broken why are all the top bans either mostly mages like He Bo, Thoth, and Freya, or assassins like Merc, Than, and Nem. The only hunter who is top ban right now is Ullr and that's because it is Ullr. He's even being banned less at higher elo. Just saying!
    Last edited by Yuls; 02-10-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,293
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    Buffing DB was fine, but the problem was they should have made it cost more gold so you can't get away with it early on. DB should be the crit item you buy when you are about to finish out a game and it's your last item. I don't think 35% crit was the real problem, it was the cost and how much you would get for that cost. Let's see how many hunters build it early with a 3500+ gold cost. It would still be a great item to have late game, but not early.

Let's see how good an idea red Spear of Desolation was...

I still think they should make a new crit item that you can build somewhat early, but make the power on it very low so even when you do crit it's not for much at the start. Kind of like a 1800/2200 gold cost crit item that you sell for a DB later on. Could even give it old Rage passive or something new.

It's called Rage, now that you mentioned it.

As for gods like Artemis, she's always gonna be more scary when she can go crit and not get super punished for it, even more so in ranked. Her passive is one of the best in the game for a hunter. Also, 12 mins is like the mid game now in Conquest because of how fast the games can end now. They usually go 22-28 mins. I'm pretty sure Artemis will still kill people that fast even after DB nerf since that's how much damage she can do really fast on a non tank if you are not careful.

Or you know, the other 4 perfectly viable crit items.

And yes, next patch in 5.2 I think mage ADC will become the best ADC to play after this outside of gods like Skadi and Ullr. I'm not saying it will be like that forever since they did say they are going to look at crit and mage items next patch after 5.2. But for at least for one patch, yes.

Either you mean Freya, or "the worst". Freya is currently overpowered because items like Hunter's Blessing and Typhon's Fang completely broke her. Chronos might as well be the worst god in the game 5.1/5.2. Other mage ADCs are completely useless.

Also, if hunters are so broken why are all the top bans either mostly mages like He Bo, Thoth, and Freya, or assassins like Merc, Than, and Nem. The only hunter who is top ban right now is Ullr and that's because it is Ullr. He's even being banned less at higher elo. Just saying!
    Calling Season 5 Thanatos and Nemesis overpowered is an excellent way to invalidate your entire post.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature