Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does pen need toned down?

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Does pen need toned down?

I made a post late last season asking why tanks get shredded so quickly. The mid-late game tanking ability dropped off greatly; you can literally feel the moment pen and power come online because the defense doesn't scale. Tanks die perhaps a second or two later than squishies do.

Enter season 5. Now pen and health shred is even greater. What's a tank to do? Just build one tank item then rest all power?

I know, Smite devs are trying to get rid of the tank meta but double tank or tank/warrior comps are still very strong early because you can't buy bane first or second item. (Usually).

Thoughts?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Member Follower VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Warrior/Guardian only armor tree

first T3 armor
    3000 gold
    30 phys prot
    30 mag prot
    10% cdr
    passive: if a basic attack would deal more than 10% of your HP as damage, it only deals 10%.
    passive 2: if a basic crit hit would deal more than 20% of your hp as damage, it only deals 20%.

second T3 armor
    2800 gold
    45 phys prot
    45 mag prot
    10% CCR
    passive Aura: if an ability would deal 50% or more of your maximum hp as damage and kill you or an ally within 20 units, they instead survive with 1 hp and 50%of their max health as a shield lasting 3 seconds. This ability can only activate once every 120 seconds.

third T2 bridge armor
    1800 gold
    20 phys prot
    20 mag prot

passive: Absorb up to 3 basic attacks, each basic attack absorb has a 20 sec cooldown.
    passive 2: When an ability does at least 30% of your max hp as damage,you regen 10% of your max hp over 5 seconds.

ok so these are clearly rough ideas numbers need adjusting i'm sure, but i think a warrior/Guardian only Armor tree with anti shred passives is the way to go.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Remember that Ajax said in some post of his that a teamfight where everyone dies is better than a teamfight where everyone lives. Something I can actually agree on.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    They literally made this changes so gods stop being unkillable, I don't really see them adding new items to counter the anti tank items if they really wanted things to go back I assume they would just revert the changes.

Member Follower VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    thats why i sugested warrior/guardian only items. you'll note that they shouldn't actually matter endgame with my suggested passives, just help tanks not get melted early-mid by a half built hunter/burst mage

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I don't play Warriors as much as I arguably should, but when it comes to Guardians, being melted usually doesn't matter much as long as you can return the favor, which most Guardians can do just famously.

Some rather easily like Cabrakan, Ares or Fafnir, but even the once you would not expect to 100-0 you are more than able to do so.

A game I played yesterday with Magic and Rainbow.

Bursting gods as Geb is so easy. Fun and kinda satisfying as well.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I don't even build Obsidian anymore in S5 unless confronted with 3+ tanks. It's not worth it.

Tanks seem fine to me, at least when I'm against them. They're decently tanky, decently annoying, decently damaging, but not unfun to play against like in S4.

At least so far.
    ~Scylla: 11,018~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 125/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,376
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    With the new way Titans/Obsidian work, buying them early would probably be some of the worst investments you can make when you consider that they no longer ignore the same % anymore, but now scale in % depending on how many protections the target has.

If you want to be a good tank in S5, build decently bulky but not overkill. Either focus on a mix of defensive and utility stats, or build like a physical/magical bruiser. They don't want things with 200+ prots and 3000 HP walking around being lethal and stupid hard to beat, so now you need to adapt your builds and not rely on your ridiculous prot scaling/base damage as a scapegoat for everything.

And even if you wanted to tone down pen again, you'd still need to nerf the tanks, otherwise they'd just control the game again. Can't just touch a counter without also touching the other problem (unless we are talking about Ullr and his T5 skin buffs of course).
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-05-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

New Member Cupidhead KappaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    For me it honestly looks like the oppurtunity to make myself even tankier with buffed tank items. Also health on void shield *drools*!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Geb damage is the best damage: http://smite.guru/censor/match/49338