Thread: Smite experience..

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Smite experience..

So, im one of those "Paragoners" who were forced to change game. Paragon was my first moba and as I`m not really into "topdown-view" i`ve never played games like LoL and Dota. As such, Smite was an obivous choice.

The overall impression of Smite is very good. Lots of awesome Gods, a nice new map, decent graphics and gameplay. However, on one subject the game is absolutely horrible and on the verge on unplayable. Toxic players i can deal with. Just ignore them, mute or whatever, but in my 30 games so far, there have been disconnects in aprox 20 of them, almost forcing a side to surrender every time.

Granted i have no idea if its a bug for some or people intentionally leave for whatever reason, but i suggest HiRez to wake up and players to "stick in there".

Anyways, good gaming ppl.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Arrancar88's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    You are first Paragon player, that is not complaining about graphics. In terms of DC, they happen a lot in low levels. These low level players usually does not care so they just leave, rage quit or just quit game. I am a veteran PC player and have a clan full of new players. Every once in awhile I kick people who stopped playing the game, most of them are usually in levels 15-24. Level 15 are usually smurfs to get rewards. Rest are people who stopped playing completely.
    You just gotta endure dude and wait to get to higher level, aka level 30+ to actually play with/vs people who care about game.

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Also have to take patch stability into account, new season new bugs that can D/C someone. But yeah you just gotta climb out of the newbie pit, players with a decent level actually start caring about their disconnect rates

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by vortexDK View Post
    So, im one of those "Paragoners" who were forced to change game. Paragon was my first moba and as I`m not really into "topdown-view" i`ve never played games like LoL and Dota. As such, Smite was an obivous choice.

The overall impression of Smite is very good. Lots of awesome Gods, a nice new map, decent graphics and gameplay. However, on one subject the game is absolutely horrible and on the verge on unplayable. Toxic players i can deal with. Just ignore them, mute or whatever, but in my 30 games so far, there have been disconnects in aprox 20 of them, almost forcing a side to surrender every time.

Granted i have no idea if its a bug for some or people intentionally leave for whatever reason, but i suggest HiRez to wake up and players to "stick in there".

Anyways, good gaming ppl.
    I experienced way more DC then I'm used to lately. If its due to server instability after 5.1 patch or just new / returning players that have a bad mentality I'm not sure. Report for dc/afk after game and hopefully within some weeks we will see less off it.

DCing players totally sucks though it makes the game boring for everyone in my opinion not just the loosing side.
    Rocking the boat

New Member Cupidhead xmudslingerx's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I am from Paragon and can acclimate to Smite...it is fun...except for one thing. I am finding a large portion of players in the community are really lame, toxic, trolling, l33t, arrogant, and just flag out a turn off (I know, I sound like the troll now). Yes, there are trolls in every community and I have a good "I really don't care" tolerance of them...buy my gosh I have been experiencing overkill. Is this the norm for the player community?

Also, and not a big concern, does the matchmaking system work well? I find it questionable...I should be in super a super low elo group right now...but I seem to end up, way more often than not, up against (or on my team) some seriously experience meta players. That normal?

Thanks all. Hoping Smite fits my bill!

Signed ~newb

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Level 126 here, PS4, 1280 hours played.

1. Matchmaking sucks, don't count it will be better when you level up, it won't. Actually it will get worse, because you will have new players in your party which makes game frustrating. It is not their fault tho.

2. I would say in 50% percent of my games disconnects happen, regardless of game mode. (Duel is exception, never had a disconnected player there).

3. You can report people, but I highly doubt it changes anything. Otherwise I would not have 50% of disconnects in my games, right?

4. Half player base is toxic as hell. They will harass you for everything, even if they don't have right.

Junior Member Cupidhead andremal's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Also coming from Paragon I can say, none of these items should be anything new to you. They were pervasive in Paragon as well. Disconnects, Rage quitters, 'oh, i have to go now after 15 minutes' - then why did you queue..., toxic players.. if I had a dollar for every time someone referred to me as 'trash'. Online gaming brings out the best in us all right?

I have really been enjoying Smite though. It is supported on a much higher level than Paragon ever was. And the competitive scene makes Paragon's efforts look like a High School project.

My only issue so far, being on PS4, is meeting people to play with.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Im on console with 800 hours. Beta tester for console. The community is and always will be bad, nature of online competition. I just assume all mobas are the same.

Matchmaking- ok at best
    DC's- i have nowhere near 50% of games with dc's. Maybe 15%

Funny story, a buddy tried Smite for the first time ever with me a couple months ago and was called the N word after his first game. Lol true story.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There have been a decent chunk more DCs than usual. Nothing breaking, but more than usual. It has been slowing down, I think it's just more latams being promoted to the NA servers, and theyre not using good connections in the first place.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    TBH dota2 is WAY more troll and toxic then smite.

Yeah community is pretty toxic at least at the middle range elo. Many times its people with no clue so just ignore but lets be honest here we all have terrible games where we wanna trash talk ourselves at times, its no wonder other people start doing it at that point. Just gotta learn to handle it.
    Rocking the boat