Thread: My son and I need help with learning S5 conquest after a bummer experience...

Junior Member Cupidhead TrustyMutsi's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

My son and I need help with learning S5 conquest after a bummer experience...

My 10 year old son and I have gotten back into Smite. We had played over a year ago and decided to get back into it. We got the season ticket, and decided to bravely jump right into conquest.

Well, it didn't go so well. He played Loki and I was Ymir. We're used to the Season 4 map, and he mainly plays Arena as Loki. So one player (on our team) just was merciless with him. My son's played Season 3 and a little of 4, but this map was new and Conquest is not what he normally plays. He tried to figure out where to go and what to do, but this guy just kept giving him a really hard time, treating him like he should be an expert. We asked for advice, and none was given. Just a lot of "LOKI LVL 11 END GAME HAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" and "REPORT LOKI!!!" "WHY R U PLAYING JUNG IF U DONT KNOW HOW??????"

The "Report Loki" was was really got to my son. We'd muted the guy by the time he was doing nothing but spamming "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA", but the post game chat isn't mutable, so that's where he said "Report Loki" and it got my son upset, because now he thinks he'll get in trouble with Hirez just because he played bad. I tried to encourage him that he did nothing wrong, but he's still worried he'll get banned or something.

I reported this guy. Not sure if anything will happen to him.

All that being said, we'd BOTH like to get better at Season 5 Conquest. Like, what are rotations, when to attack the gold fury/fire giant, how to play the different classes, where to ward, etc....

We'd appreciate ANY tips or resources on how to play better. We'll probably look up some YouTubers. Sometimes it's hard to find one who doesn't swear a lot. Also if anyone wants to friend us and give us some tips, or maybe invite us to a helpful clan?

Thanks everyone for ANY help!

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Please note I rarely play Conquest. But the things I point out apply not only to Conquest game mode:

Game Knowledge updates
    - Read all Patch Notes from the time you took a break from Smite.
    - Read full Smite Patch 5.1 notes. Try not to skim through.
    - Read all the 5.1 Hotfix notes and 5.1 Known Issues in the PC News section. For example, Soul Gem is a bit bugged. Do not buy this item.
    - XP sharing is reduced in S5. Thus you will see less rotations.
    - Additional XP and Gold over time from minions and jungle monsters.
    - Structures are weaker, but hit harder.
    - Look up videos of your favourite Smite Streamers. Check out their gameplay. Or find professional Smite players who stream.
    One of each role. So Solo, Jungler, Mid, Support, ADC. So you immediate get a general idea of the new game flow of each role.
    - Early pressure. Lots of early pressure.
    - S5 is the mage meta and lifesteal meta. Anti-heal is very important. You will also see more instances of double stacking builds. Freya is the FOTM of S5.
    - S5 is the ADC crit meta. Ullr is still OP.
    - Tanks suffer in S5 because of the new scaling for Titan's Bane and Obsidian Shard, which scales from 20% to max 40% physical and 45% magical penetration.
    - Ward Chalice now costs 300 gold. A video on warding for S5.

Last edited by loupblanc10kai; 02-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Don't play loki - he more then any god provokes irrational hatred. If you play him well people will probably still complain, if you play him badly you will get the full works. He's also not a great pick in conquest.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    I agree with the above post. If your son really likes Loki, I'd suggest playing another game mode before you jump back into conquest. People aren't as annoyed by him in arena and such.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    You were probably referring to this conquest match.

1. Loki was very underleveled compared to other players. Loki was only level 11, while everyone else were between level 15-20 (max). Being significantly lower level, makes it harder for him to kill other players and easier for him to die, which probably contributed to the 8 deaths and only 1 kill for an assassin god and very low player damage of 4k.

2. In Ranked Conquest Tier list, Loki is not the favorite Jungler. In past Seasons, Loki is one of lowest Tier Jungler. But in Season 5, things looks a bit better for Loki and his estimated Rank is A (i.e. Average, with SS/S+ being the best)

3. I could be wrong, but I suspect He Bo was the enemy Jungler. He Bo is a Platinum I Ranked Player. It would be tough for any beginners to go up against him. It's very likely that both He Bo and Chac are smurfs at level 48 and 34 respectively.

4. The Loki's build is wrong. For a Jungler, you want to get the starter item: Assassin's Blessing to help clear Jungle Camps. I am not sure, if Ninja Tabi is an ideal choice, most would get Warrior Tabi. Err... just take a look at this video.

5. Loki just need to level up and not fall too far behind in terms of levels. Start at speed buff camp, kill the jungle minions for xp/buffs, help gank enemy gods, help in group fights, help clear minion waves if no allies nearby, help clear objectives and avoid dying excessively, (take a look at the video)

Loki Season 5 Jungler in PTS as a reference: maybe you should watch it instead, some language used might not be appropriate for a 10 year old.
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 02-05-2018 at 09:20 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,504
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    I'm gonna be blunt: I really don't think 10 years is old enough for a kid to be exposed to shit like this. You're gonna get salty bastards who only know how to BM; not even how to play, just how to be a dick. I didn't get involved with this crap until I was a teenager, and I'm glad I didn't because sweet Jesus in a cannibal pie, I don't think my insecure child self would have taken this well. If it were my kid, I'd wait until I know they're not so self-conscious as to be genuinely hurt by some anonymous moron who feels the need to put people down over a damn game.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BleuPrince View Post
    You were probably referring to this conquest match.
    1. Damage items picked up by Assassins in S5: Heartseeker, Jotunns, Crusher, Brawlers, Hastened Katana, Titans, Deathbringer etc

Executioner, Poison Star and Atalanta's? They only apply for AA-based assassins eg Kali, Bakasura, Arachne. Not Loki. Even then, Aa-based build things like Exe, Qin Sais, Deathbringer.

Also, most times, in an even game, an assassin will need some kind of defense item. Spirit Robe, or Magis or Mantle.

2. As for the Ymir build, I don't see Pestilence being built. That should have been prioritized.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Your son is too young to play SMITE: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/smite

Umm yeah, thats pretty much it...