Thread: Advertisements

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Advertisements

I'm wondering if HiRez should add advertisements to their game. Like a section you can go into to help support the developer, like UFC has done. Maybe no rewards are needed, just to help out. Because I don't know how far skins will go along, and the other methods may only do so much I think. The other option may be subscriptions, but then everyone would jump on board, and then the customer might have problem there, maybe even more mental. The thing with advertisements is it tends to pollute the area with noise, but I don't think there's no stopping there. As long as it doesn't interfere with everything else.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    i'm trying to understand this but I see nothing...so I will ask.

Why?

Hi-Rez gets money from us because we buy gems and the Ultimate God Pack...and that has kept the game afloat since it launched on PC
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hey Azure. No matter the angles we are coming at, I should say the shiznit is real. But also I should say no harm was ever meant. Why be an Assassin when your role is a Guardian, or fill-in-the-blanks?

But about your question, I don't think that kind of money is good enough into the future, it would only rely on on new players, and constantly buying new skins and rewards. And you don't want to have thousands of skins in the character department. I can see what they're doing there, with the other methods they're trying. That's pretty ingenious. But is it enough to keep the game afloat? I don't know. But they'll do whtever they need to do but I don't think those methods are enough. Especially when you have more attractive games coming out, and with the problems of Smite. But the ones who are dedicated will stay and support it.