Thread: Hades tips/builds

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Hades tips/builds

So after getting carried by another Hades main I decided to try him out finally, and no surprise I did poorly. So I ask.

How would you build Hades for Arena, Clash, and Joust?

And what abilities combos do you prefer with him?
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I dunno what builds are ideal non-Conq modes, but because Hades is baedes, I'll let you in on a secret: Hades only really has one combo, along with variations thereof.

-AA (optional, but adds a slow to DFB) > DFB > SoD > ult (if it's up and if you know your target's escape is down, unless you just want to save it) > DS

For relics, you're gonna want Thorns because it helps a lot in your ult, as your primary weakness is an inability to resist being focused, and your targets will usually be prot-shredded by your ult, so the reflect will do even more damage.

For your build, go bruiser. Hades is not a mage, he's a warrior, and anyone who says otherwise does not understand the god. You want the pen to hurt like a bitch in a fight, you want the prots to stay alive, and you want CDR so you can use your shit more often; SoD and DB have pretty low CD's, so you can get spammy. LS may be a good move, but I haven't played S5 yet and I don't know how the changes affect its use on him; but given his already high sustain and AoE damage, it's probably cancer. Iso can also be a pain for his enemies, as it lets him slow them to a crawl when stacked with DFB's slow.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rules that I keep to when playing Hades:
    - Enemy minions are your best friend.
    - I like building at least one health item. The new Warlock's Staff is this season's hot mage item.
    - Thorns is the must have relic for Hades. But I usually get that as 2nd relic, since before that, you won't have built enough health or protections to take the damage when ulting people and getting focused. First relic is then dependent on enemy composition.
    - At least 1 lifesteal item of course.
    - People might go for 2 lifesteal items in S5 eg Bancroft + Typhoon's Fang so Divine Ruin on Hades is pretty important imo.
    - Hades killing combo requires a hard commit to the fight as you almost always have to use your 1 at some point.
    - If teammates are smart players, Hades works as an initiator with blink then 2 for Silence then ult. Do not use 3 (which consumes stacks) before ulting (which then has no protection shred). You force beads and escape. If you have anti-heal, you debuff the enemy team. Your teammates should then take the cue and finish the enemies off.
    - I like the old Book of the Dead on Hades (and on most mages I play). New Book of the Dead with the health shield at under 50% health also works very well for Hades.

New Member Cupidhead PHOENIX M24's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Bancroft's Talon and Mantle of Discord are must buys. They work in synergy with his Ult and with each other. When Hades uses his Ult, he is usually focused. With Bancroft's the more he is focused the more damage he does and the more lifesteal he gets. Bancroft's gets it's max damage and lifesteal at 25% health. Which is an additional 100 power and 20% LS. Mantle's passive kicks in when he reaches 30% health (almost the threshold for Bancroft's). So when that happens it stuns everyone in range for 1s giving you 2 ult ticks without incoming damage, allowing you to heal up with that extra damage and lifesteal from Bancroft's. It makes his Ult a lot stronger.

Also Thorns to reflect damage back to opponents and don't forget to upgrade it if you are dealing with pesky lifestealing hunters or Anubis.

Hide of the Nemean Lion can be bought to counter more hunter basic damage if needed.

You will probably need at least 2 defence items in your build depending on the situation. I almost always go 2 sometimes 3.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Yeah Hades is a melee mage, he was a guardian before.

He needs one good HP item (warlocks is nice, you wanna hit minions anyway) but others can also work, like urchin or some protective aura item but since you can get away with a tanky hades without skimping to much in power a good build wouldn't in most cases.

Bancroft is good on him, cheap good power.

You need decent prots in build, not like a full tank but smth more then just relying on your ult is nice.

Though I seen pure dmg hades tear it upp.

But if you are vs a kk or thoth or ho yi not getting punished as a squishy burst mage as you ult is really hard to pull off I think.

Thorns is nice for obvious reasons. Blink relic is nice on him to go in do your shit and then you can use your 1 to get out (or chase). But if you turn the fight enough you don't have to get out again of course still having the 1 left to use for people that beads and run can be really nice.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 02-12-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I mostly play joust, assault, and clash, and I have Hades diamond, so you could say I'm experienced, but I'm not like the best or anything. But anyway, I usually go for damage Hades, my build being Boots, Bancroft's, Tahuti, Obsidian, Book of the Dead, Soul Reaver. That's pretty much all damage so if you like bruiser Hades, don't do what I do.

And I mean... the only ability combo is 1 2 3 4. Simple as that. Leap in, fear the enemy, delete the enemy with devour souls, use ult if need be.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    I mostly play joust, assault, and clash, and I have Hades diamond, so you could say I'm experienced, but I'm not like the best or anything. But anyway, I usually go for damage Hades, my build being Boots, Bancroft's, Tahuti, Obsidian, Book of the Dead, Soul Reaver. That's pretty much all damage so if you like bruiser Hades, don't do what I do.

And I mean... the only ability combo is 1 2 3 4. Simple as that. Leap in, fear the enemy, delete the enemy with devour souls, use ult if need be.
    Problem with the 1,2,3,4 combo is the ultimate gets no protection shred (up to 30 when levelled) if you hit 4 after 3, as 3 consumes the Blight.

So maximum possible full combo damage is actually diving in with 1, then 3, then 2 to reapply Blight then ultimate.

Or blink then 2, then 3, then 1 then ultimate.

I have never seen anyone not build Bancroft's on Hades. Polynomicon is also another lifesteal option.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Problem with the 1,2,3,4 combo is the ultimate gets no protection shred (up to 30 when levelled) if you hit 4 after 3, as 3 consumes the Blight.

So maximum possible full combo damage is actually diving in with 1, then 3, then 2 to reapply Blight then ultimate.

Or blink then 2, then 3, then 1 then ultimate.

I have never seen anyone not build Bancroft's on Hades. Polynomicon is also another lifesteal option.
    Usually I don’t need to use the ult because 2+3 does a boat load of damage, but yes, blink is a very good idea if you want the most out of the ult.