Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why is Smite not even on this list?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yeah even PUBG is like 700+ MIL and it came out after Smite quite shocking Smite just needs matchmaking improvements <3.
    PUBG is type of game for streamers cause its very casual friendly, imagine Arena in Smite but everybody playing only one god. PUBG is basically running to the circle all game while picking items and sometimes shooting which all of it is clear after 5 minutes of the game, so obviously its much more popular.

About DOTA and LOL there are obvious reasons:

-low requirements for hardware
    -it spreads like virus in schools and addicting kids
    -memes and large amount of streamers and youtubers who want earn money from it
    -ppl dont change MOBA games too often cause they already are good in this and both of these MOBA's came before Smite

Smite will never would have that good matchmaking cause of current playerbase and cause of reasons above Smite also cant get playerbase much higher from current MOBA players. HR can wait for next generation of players but looking for current map low textures I doubt it will be successful.
    Last edited by ZetoPL; 02-01-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    What i see with smite is that its a casual game, were player base often play Arena/clash/assualt. I often hear people dont want to play conquest cause its hard to learn

Compared to lol were people start by playing Summoners rift and its the main mode, unlike smite were arena feels more as the main mode.

Somehow people bother to read all the insanley long text on the items and bother learning micro managing to last hit minions.
    But in smite people are afraid of conquest for some reason

New Member Cupidhead occmsrazr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    because it's not a very good game as a service. the game is fun but the service is terrible.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    What i see with smite is that its a casual game, were player base often play Arena/clash/assualt. I often hear people dont want to play conquest cause its hard to learn

Compared to lol were people start by playing Summoners rift and its the main mode, unlike smite were arena feels more as the main mode.

Somehow people bother to read all the insanley long text on the items and bother learning micro managing to last hit minions.
    But in smite people are afraid of conquest for some reason
    In my opinion:
    The majority of SMITE players are really not that good, in fact most are below average players. Unlike LOL or DOTA 2, which has about 50%-50% RANKED and UNRANKED matches, SMITE RANKED matches is in the minority 5%-10%.

- Like you said, Conquest 5v5 is not the front and center stage for SMITE. There are many very high level (lvl 125++) SMITE players who may not even played a single Conquest in an entire season, we aren't even talking about RANKED CONQUEST, just UNRANKED CONQUEST. In LOL and DOTA 2, their 5v5 map is their Main Map of focus. Everyone will know it and plays it regularly. They don't instantly get good at it, it takes alot of time and effort to learn the meta. LOL and DOTA's practice matches (Co-op vs AI bots) are much better than SMITE, allowing LOL and DOTA players to learn the meta for 5v5 before stepping in a PVP match. Unlike SMITE, most LOL and DOTA players play with their friends, which makes learning together and sharing of knowledge easier. Events on LOL and DOTA (example: Christmas Events, Halloween Events, all focus on the Main Map 5v5, in our case there are no Festive Events on Conquest maps, you might get some snow or halloween pumpkins in Arena (I think it's just an easier and lazy approach by Hi -Rez)

- Many SMITE players identify themselves as casual players, just playing for fun. It may be true for some, but I feel there are also those who hide behind this tag of "I am a casual player", but in reality he/she is simply just bad at the game and is in denial. In LOL and DOTA, a player who sucks is just a bad player. He/she may be a new player or just new to that hero, but he/she is unable to hide behind the Casual Player Tag (it's ok to suck at playing). That is never the case, which LOL and DOTA forces players to learn quickly and improve or get culled (they quit). Let's face it, nobody wants to play with a bad player.

- SMITE players might blame Conquest is more toxic as an excuse to avoid it. Of course people are not going to like you if you keep dying and letting the team down. I seldom see team mates being toxic towards the player which does the most kill MVP (without dying/minimal deaths) and carrying the team (e.g.: 20 kills 0 deaths etc...) He might get a few comments for KS. But overall, his/her team mates will be content and not toxic. But if you don't how what to do? Which lane? Keeps dying and feeding (e.g.: 0 kills 10 deaths... ) of course your team mates is going to hate you and may be toxic. Instead of completely avoiding Conquest, they should just get better (read some guides/talk to some friends for tips/watch twitch/youtube/ just learn and improve)... and they will noticed the toxicity towards them will reduce significantly. Now here comes the other problem, most SMITE players are SOLO players (i.e. don't party), they find it difficult to make friends and team up. In LOL you get Party Bonus XP when you party.

- SMITE's Matchmaking system is inferior to both LOL and DOTA2. This may also further frustrate our players more than it should. If our team mates just do what they are "supposed" to do, I suspect most teams will get along just fine. But the problem arises when you group a very experienced player (example: lvl 125) with/against an inexperienced player (a new lvl 19 player), toxicity starts to build up. I for one, prefer Fair and Balanced Matches (Quality matches over Quantity matches). It's not perfect on LOL or DOTA2, but they have systems in place which is way better than what we have here on SMITE

- you can remake a party if someone disconnects/AFK under specific circumstances (so nobody win/lose)
    - you can indicate preference for a role in 5 v 5/ nominate a team leader
    - you can honor your teammates for good behavior (it's like our tipping but better, and it doesn't cost you anything)
    - you can opt to not queue with Party. So you get all Solo players.
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 02-02-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    LoL has a vested interest in the chinese market, especially after the buyout made it chinese owned. Smite on the otherhand has a playerbase spread over three platforms, and has invested in NA and EU primarily for promotion. How many international teams make it to worlds or ends of splits? 2-4? I don't even think i've seen a full team out of Asia.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BleuPrince View Post
    - SMITE players might blame Conquest is more toxic as an excuse to avoid it. Of course people are not going to like you if you keep dying and letting the team down. I seldom see team mates being toxic towards the player which does the most kill MVP
    If you think for one second that toxicity basically only happens to people who die a lot, you're full of shit.

And I have plenty of reasons to hate Conquest, not just excuses that apply to every game mode. I could point out the fact that about 0.000001% of the population is actually willing to fill in Conquest and 0.000000001% actually care if I'm 1v2 in my lane for the whole fucking game - a lane that I shouldn't even have to be in btw but I was forced into it because some dumbass refused to even go to his lane.

No, I'm not dealing with that kind of bullshit, and no, that doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm doing.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Smite is a fun game but...

The servers are terrible.
    The game is really poorly optimized.
    The matchmaking is non-existent.
    The customer service is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    LoL has a vested interest in the chinese market, especially after the buyout made it chinese owned. Smite on the otherhand has a playerbase spread over three platforms, and has invested in NA and EU primarily for promotion. How many international teams make it to worlds or ends of splits? 2-4? I don't even think i've seen a full team out of Asia.
    And they regional servers sucks exept for NA

New Member Cupidhead occmsrazr9's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibenice View Post

exactly. The game is great but the service side is the worst in modern online gaming. I mean just look at the unprofessional shitshow the eSports side of it.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibenice View Post

This^

I also really dislike where Ajax is leading the design, but thats another matter.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING