Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sol is even more usless than ever before

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,515
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    Unlike you i dont bother remebering every number and scaling on abilites to look for people with bad teoretical arguments i can salt out with my fancy language.
    Unlike you, I bother to check the math on specific anecdotes I'm given to verify if they're true of if they're bullshit; and if you say Crush hits like a truck while Stellar Burst doesn't even though the abilities are really close in damage, I'm inclined to think you're just making shit up.

Im talking from experience. I have all kind of diffrern matchmaking, different gamemodes and i play a lot of smite and speak based on what i experience. I play sol i feel she does nothing, i play pos i feel op, i play daji i feel op
    You can't base balance statements on what you "feel." Feelings tend to be misleading. I do well with anything, I feel OP. Does that make everything I succeed with OP? No. Sometimes I get shit on and I feel weak. Does that make my given god bad? No. A huge part of it is that you play with casuals in most of your games, and casuals tend to be mentally challenged. You have to factor in math, not just feelings.

Maybe gods like pos or kalk are not good at high level, but no one of us play on that level and besides its an entirely different game. Normals dont have the luxury of knowing the other players and they dont bother using their time to opitmalize their build and gameplay
    ...What the fuck are you going on about? We have plenty of high-level players on this forum.

People call loki op cause he destroys people in normals, you can call noob as much as you want, but its true that a lot of smite player are noobs, people dont bother to learn this game, smite is a fun game which many dont take serrious.
    The game should not be balanced around idiots. Loki is garbage when applied in a game where actually skilled players are fighting him, so it doesn't matter what noobs think because they're wrong.
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Now this got a litle personal, but i dont like you agressive way of talking
    towards my statements.

When i feel sol does no damage, cause i see she do no damage, i know i am right. Now numbrrs from 1 ability doesnt tell us much, but when you poke someone for half the damage your other mage does with 1 ability and enemy adc hits 2x as hard on their basics you feel she needs a little more of something. Sol doesnt shine with basic or abilites and its not really good beeing a hybrid. Right now id take chronos and freya over her any time, and right now i belive most people take physical adcs over any og them.

You are very aristoractic when it comes to your attitude towards noobs. There are very few in player base who are actullay decent or better(as said in another thread usually) in this game.
    Most people play causal games(not coquest) many people havent even touch conquest.
    Have you ever heard about someone not playing summoners rift in Lol, no cause that isnt a thing.

It is wrong and at the same time right to ballance the game based on pros performance.
    1. they are premade with speciall traininh and they play a totally different than us normals
    2. They show us how this game works at its best
    3. They do not represent the player base. When people say they are tired of loki runing the game and the majority agrees it should be change. Think about who really pays for this game to have fun? 100 pros or 1m players.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    towards my statements.

When i feel sol does no damage, cause i see she do no damage, i know i am right. Now numbrrs from 1 ability doesnt tell us much, but when you poke someone for half the damage your other mage does with 1 ability and enemy adc hits 2x as hard on their basics you feel she needs a little more of something. Sol doesnt shine with basic or abilites and its not really good beeing a hybrid. Right now id take chronos and freya over her any time, and right now i belive most people take physical adcs over any og them.

You are very aristoractic when it comes to your attitude towards noobs. There are very few in player base who are actullay decent or better(as said in another thread usually) in this game.
    Most people play causal games(not coquest) many people havent even touch conquest.
    Have you ever heard about someone not playing summoners rift in Lol, no cause that isnt a thing.

It is wrong and at the same time right to ballance the game based on pros performance.
    1. they are premade with speciall traininh and they play a totally different than us normals
    3. They do not represent the player base. When people say they are tired of loki runing the game and the majority agrees it should be change. Think about who really pays for this game to have fun? 100 pros or 1m players.
    Yes, you are totally right that 85-90% of the playerbase is full of no brained monkeys and bad players. But I am unsure where are you going with this. Just because bad players stomp other bad players with bad gods does not mean that the game should be balanced around them.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    towards my statements.
    Funny you should say that.

Unlike you i dont bother remebering every number and scaling on abilites to look for people with bad teoretical arguments i can salt out with my fancy language.
    So do forgive me when you absolutely refuse to even consider for one damned second that perhaps you shouldn't be making arguments based only on salt while damn near every reply explains with an actual argument why you're wrong.

You're telling me that I should discount math? SG and Poly add 100% scaling to her combo, she's spammy and has a steroid, and with the state of LS items, she can sustain better than most mages. Yeah, she's overshadowed by Chronos, but there's a difference between having better picks and being a bad pick.

You are very aristoractic when it comes to your attitude towards noobs.
    That word doesn't apply here.

There are very few in player base who are actullay decent or better(as said in another thread usually) in this game.
    And if the game were balanced around them, it would be even more fucked than it is.

The game is balanced around Conq, so this is just another reason not to factor in the opinions and misadventures of noobs.

I never said anything about the pros. I mean decent players who actually bother to counterbuild. The pros should not decide balance because they're a specialized environment, but neither should casuals because, whether or not they're the majority, they're too stupid not to skew the available information.

Muh Concepts

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Scylla: 320 + 90%. Adding 25% reduction, (Against an enemy with 48 prot) by itself, it effectively deals 235 + 66%.

Sol: 320 + 70%. Adding 25% magical power, (Against an enemy with 48 prot) by itself, it effectively deals 216 + 59%.

So yes, Sol's 2 does lower damage.

On the other hand, it also travels faster and doesn't require a secondary activation meaning hard CC cannot stop your damage.

But unlike Scylla's Crush which is an Artillery-type (IE throw a bomb overhead that lands and explodes) it is a CannonBlast-type (IE shoot out a projectile that explodes on contact).

Both have advantages and disadvantages.
    ~Scylla: 11,018~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 125/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Scylla: 320 + 90%. Adding 25% reduction, (Against an enemy with 48 prot) by itself, it effectively deals 235 + 66%.

Sol: 320 + 70%. Adding 25% magical power, (Against an enemy with 48 prot) by itself, it effectively deals 216 + 59%.

So yes, Sol's 2 does lower damage.
    You're missing the point. Glorf said the difference was a matter of Crush hitting like a nuke and SB only tickling. Your own math in this post proves that statement wrong. I wasn't arguing that SB hits as hard as Crush, I was arguing that the difference is nowhere near as tremendous.

Muh Concepts

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    You're missing the point. Glorf said the difference was a matter of Crush hitting like a nuke and SB only tickling. Your own math in this post proves that statement wrong. I wasn't arguing that SB hits as hard as Crush, I was arguing that the difference is nowhere near as tremendous.
    Yeah, but I wasn't replying to either of you.

I just did a true comparison of the two abilities along with their strengths and weaknesses. (forgot to mention Sol's slow is easier to apply but Scylla's can be an effective zoning tool)
    ~Scylla: 11,018~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 125/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Or we dont compare gods that arent supposed to play the same and move on
    Scylla has alot of advantages over Sol, while Sol has some others over Scylla

Scylla 1 is a straightforward projectile with root and high dmg potential
    Sol 1 is a heal and melee range dmg zone

Scylla 2 is a 1 time hit aoe that stays as zone and can be exploded at will
    Sol 2 is a long range poke with the ability to get blocked, but go round corners
    Both high damage and their main tools

Scylla 3 is a jump with long range, but predictable and decently high windup for a jump
    Sol 3 is a sprint/Root immunity/slow immunity/Aegis with another small damage zone attached to it

Scylla Ult is a 1 time hit, high burst damage aoe that covers a fairly small aoe however. Works as an Objective secure too, but fairly unsafe
    Sol Ult is an 8 times hit with decent burst on initial hit, and a high damage potential. Works as an Objective secure aswell, even tho the damage windup compared to Scylla or Ra ult is pretty long

There you go, better comparison than the trash i read above
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    wow, this thread is still alive... i thought its some troll thread, since my last experience showed me, that noone actually care about Sol.

what i realy think about all this: things aren't THAT bad. i mean, yes, she feels weaker right now, weaker, than ever, but still playable, at least for me. the other question is what point to pick her now in conquest? i mean, if you look at Sol in general, she had no real strong sides, except tower damage, nearly every mage was better for mid lane, than Sol, but... that tower damage... if you forget about her for a minute - you lose a tower, may be even 2. and what we got now? obsidian got passive change, now it only works on gods, tahuti got new passive, that only works on gods, new telkhines only works on gods too.

item changes made all gods destroy towers much slower... all of them, including Sol. but if other gods don't suffer that much because of this, Sol lost her main reason to be picked in conquest. what the point to pick her now if any other mage can play mid at least same as she does? Sol keeps all her negative sides, but lost her only positive side for conquest.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    1 last thing pefore this is over

I saw emilito(i think he is called) on twitch th other day, getting recked by sol early to mid untill bakasura took over
    Reminded me of my own games in conquest, sure i went like 10/5 and carried the early/midgame, beeing top (damage, kills) untill lategame where te midlaner and even solo starts competing with you and yo ends up on 3rd place with your nonexistent damage

Same happend to emilito, sol just vanished from the game when they hit 20m and i nevet saw her again in that game.