Thread: I'm done...

New Member Cupidhead CallMeBikes's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

I'm done...

Out of the past two days I've played any game mode, I've had nothing but people leaving and people circling around on the fountain, and it feels like no action is taken against these players. If so I wouldn't see them so frequently. I've only had two games where everyone whether win or lose pitched in. I can forgive unintentional feeding, because that can happen to anyone. And that was JUST TWO GAMES. And I play this game a lot. I'm not even having fun in this game anymore, because the game and what feels like the majority of the community is a fat stinking pile of Logan Pauls.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Yeah man I feel your frustration, I am at a point where I just "have fun" most of my games with Loki or any god I don't take seriously. I think this game is the way it is now because of the bad matchmaking system, Hi Rez should stop letting high levels and low levels party with each other or at least make it so that their party can play against other parties. This way people like you and me wouldn't have to deal with their bs and they can enjoy the game with their friends. And yes technically you are correct about the "no action taken against these players", I have met a troll who and I quote 'only plays neith'. After that troll went 0/10 in a conquest match as a second adc in the adc lane with our original adc, I checked her profile, she fed and lost atleast 90% of her games, and to this very day she still hasn't been banned.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I feel your pain. I'm constantly on the bad end of matchmaking myself. My "reward" for playing lots and getting good for 2 full seasons so far.

It's frustrating, but also not really a surprise anymore. Occasionally I still have decent matches. Guess I savor those.
    If all else fails, just try to have fun any way you can, without disrupting the match or being toxic. Like play a jerk god like Loki, keep piling cc on enemies, use your favourite skins/voicepacks, go achievement hunting, and so on...
    Last edited by Blancmark; 01-08-2018 at 03:36 PM.

New Member Cupidhead MaliciousSyns's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I have spent the better part of a year analyzing smite from community to mechanics and here is what i have assessed.

1) The community can be very toxic. Not only in game but out of game on youtube / twitch channels of popular players. These role models set an example to the viewers which in most cases i have seen are extremely toxic themselves. Couple names that come to mind right off are DMbrandon and Weak3n. They consistently talk about people shouldnt be in "their game" as if they own the software. They call people retards, stupid, idiots, call them out in chat or on mic yet i do not see them help players that may be newer or not understand current meta / rotations or when to do them. These individuals are pulling in 1000's of viewers and modeling that this is ok. Hi rez should not support these people in any which way or form. They seem to though ....

2) Matchmaking is a harder workaround as companies have for over a decade had to fill in spots for faster queue time so people don't complain. This is a double edge sword. I find it rather amusing and quite in your face that most players REFUSE to play conquest as a whole. They often prefer other gamemodes and even in these the try hards are apparent. Not always but they are there. What is the point of casual gaming if people still get toxic. Seems counter intuitive.

3) Learning curve. The two prior points seriously hurt this area. As an ex. i will use myself. I saw conquest was the mode that balanced the game. This is absolute nonsense because 1/4 of the gods are played out of the 90+ available. This leads me to believe that balance is based around what is going to help them make money. S4 is horrible from a mathematics standpoint and even protections to an extent can be useless against certain gods and they just shred it beyond believe even on a guardian. Oh but we are not done yet, why have a god classed as a guardia when he can fill other areas just as well. Seems quite silly to me.

4) Having gods becoming "good" at different parts of the game is the most absolutely idiotic idea i have ever seen. If you have a god with great early game and levels out mid and late that early game potential sees ALOT MORE PLAY because of snowballing. I mean seriously who couldnt see this at hirez. Its middle school / hs math. The amount of CC in the game is insane. Even with ccr the dmg is so crazy chances are many will die with ccr at max in a very short time. This i suppose is their idea of dynamic gameplay. For me, it's people with short attention spans that need this quick kill potential to make them feel omgiown. PFFFFFF

There is alot more i have written down but i feel this is what i see the most prevelant currently in smite that is noticeable by most. Take it with a grain of salt but honestly try to prove me wrong. I havent played more then 12 games of conquest period because what is claimed to be balanced isnt even in their own gamemode that is supposed to promote balance. I bought the god pack thinking hey i have all these gods now to play to find out if you dont play the 1/4 the community or these meta / tierlists say are viable then you are a scrub. In the end, i think hirez needs to hire a high school math geek who can create algorhythms that even a 10th grader could conceive. I hope S5 makes huge changes. Also what is this silliness that you can see people through walls without wards. Like remove that and see how much more dynamic communication becomes and wards. Also shooting through walls with magic is another peeve of mine. Ive had people say oh it sets up great stuff. NOOOOOOO it allows a player to sit quiety and create a play without much thought. Oh look hes in combat i can see him through a wall i can shoot him now pew pew without them ever knowing, preparing, or creating much more dynamic fights due to them having to use LOS. Its like they do these things to make it so the obviously slow witted can do something without having to actually be in an area of confrontation where true skill would show. Now shooting a magic ability through a wall. Another reason i hate any mode but arena and assualt as these create way more dynamic play for me.

How about that cerberus, WOW he needs some toneing down LOL

Have a great day all perhaps ill see you in game!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Great post

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    You just need to push through it, being good and having lots of playtime will up your elo and match you with better players who don't have their monitors upside down

Junior Member Cupidhead Gwyllyth's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrg View Post
    You just need to push through it, being good and having lots of playtime will up your elo and match you with better players who don't have their monitors upside down
    The fact you believe this cracks me up.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    something definitely needs to get done about the troll players making this game nearly as toxic a LoL. It's getting to where the only way I will play is if I have a full party because the pubs are so unreliable.