Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Is it time for Loki to be nerfed?

New Member Cupidhead Ipooponstuff77's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Sense loki doesn't have to worry about somebody splitting off to stop him or wards or a missing enemey. He can freely split push as far as he wants until contact and still easily get away because of his mobility.

If your not loki you will need to worry about those things because of the lack of mobility. Because if you get caught your dead unless you waste a ultimate. Which means far less structure damage and far less split pushing.

Loki not needing to depend or worry about anything when split pushing makes him a far more reliable split pusher which makes him better not easier. He is definitely the best split pusher right now.

Member Follower VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Why is this thread still alive, i thought we all agreed he needed a rework and he's worthless as he is right now unless it's a bronze-silver game
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

New Member Cupidhead Ipooponstuff55's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372
    xD what? Lol

Junior Member Cupidhead Jakxcombat's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Again, all you are really saying is he is easier, not best. There is a huge difference, please recognize this. In reality he doesn't deal way more structure damage, a morrigan will easily deal more structure damage with her polynomicon and ability to turn herself into other very high structure damage gods.

Mercury, awilix, even Fenrir can all easily out damage him in terms of raw damage while hitting a structure and that is just some of the assassins, all of which may end up being great picks for a morrigan to turn into after making an opening. Zhong kui, Sol, chronos etc etc shred towers faster than Loki and they are magical so they don't even get 100% scaling on basics. They do have higher overall power and access to poly though which is why they'll shred faster, and again easy targets for morrigan to transform into plus she already has poly on her own when her ult isn't up. And then there are the hunters where she'd likely find her best tower shred option. Fact of the matter is Loki doesn't shred towers the best, and he isn't even the best at split pushing.

He IS the easiest to split push with. I really hope you can recognize that having the easiest time doing something does not mean it is the best way to do it.
    However, if you're good enough you can split push to the tower without the enemy team knowing, not to mention if you decoy the tower before minions show up you can either damage it more, or not have to wait for more minions to show up. You're not wrong that he doesn't do the most damage, however you can split push almost without the enemy team knowing.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 698
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakxcombat View Post
    However, if you're good enough you can split push to the tower without the enemy team knowing, not to mention if you decoy the tower before minions show up you can either damage it more, or not have to wait for more minions to show up. You're not wrong that he doesn't do the most damage, however you can split push almost without the enemy team knowing.
    If he goes under tower to hit it at all, even with his decoy taking the hit, it will show him on the map so everyone will know. Buy yeah, he can clear wave(during a limited window of opportunity) without actually revealing himself on the map. Although, everyone would still see the wave suddenly stop moving and then disappear and if a bunch of minions pile up near a tower its always a huge warning sign on its own that it is vulnerable.

Still, if your opponents lack map awareness then yes he can split push without revealing himself by clearing waves with decoy and letting minions take down the towers. Although this season minions don't seem to take towers down on their own as easily as they did last season....

Last season I could take Hel over by an enemy phoenix(before destroying towers) and just keep the wave there while healing myself until it piled up so big I couldn't sustain myself with heals, then let them go down the wave and if no one stopped them they'd easily take down a tower or two(since it was like 4 waves piled up and a tower had difficulty with that). I haven't tested how that'd hold up this season but I have noticed minions dying quite a bit faster to objectives.

New Member Cupidhead Ipooponstuff71's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    What makes Loki the best split pusher is simply his outstanding mobility. And he just doesn't have to deal with problems or counters others have to.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipooponstuff71 View Post
    What makes Loki the best split pusher is simply his outstanding mobility. And he just doesn't have to deal with problems or counters others have to.
    His "outstanding" mobility isn't as fast as Thanatos, Mercury, and Chronos, so he cannot be the best split pusher by your very definition.
    A triple-ricochet with Hou Yi is the most satisfying way to kill someone in this game.

"I used to know an adventurer like you...until I shot an arrow in his knee! Ullr

You. Yes, I'm talking to you, member of Smite forums reading my signature. If you play this game on Xbox and aren't trash, PLEASE hit me up with a message. I'm so lonely and all I ever get is a trash team. My gamertag is the same as my name here on the forums but with only one 7 (Necromancer76).