Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ex-Paragon player coming to Smite

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Hey all,
    thanks for all the good advice. Been sticking to Coop vs AI Arena, since I get to battle gods more directly, so I can learn their powers.

I will definitely have to try Assault so I can play gods I don't have unlocked yet.

I do have some questions around quests, Ragnarok, Adventures, "Split Pass", "Season Ticket" and some of these other terms I see which I, frankly, don't understand. Plus, I don't seem to earn any of the green gems in normal gameplay, so I assume all the stuff requiring gems = real money.

Any advice on those things is appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Z
    Last edited by Zaodon; 01-31-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Gems are earned by daily consecutive logins (6th day = 15 gems, 7th day = 35 gems). Also, Smite gets some events throughout the year that award gems for completing quests. Also, you can buy gems. It's the equivalent of Paragon coins.

Ragnarok is an event. Completing quests rewards you Favors, Enigma chest, or Fantary Points. If you bought the Ragnarok bundle, you can unlock an awesome chest after completing the requirements. 1 Awesome chest per bundle. There should be 2 more bundles coming.

Split pass season ticket rewards you Fantasy points for winning/losing matches. You earn more for winning.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
    ex-Paragon player coming to Smite
    Do you know RGSACE from Paragon? His first ever Arena and his Loki did 17 kills and his first ever Conquest (Season 4) and he did 16 kills on Thanatos... I am sure some of your skills from Paragon could be transferable to Smite. Don't you find SMITE's maps a bit "too flat" compared to Paragon with its verticality.

Not sure if this helps? This is a Paragon to Smite Guide written by samtheman1234, an ex-Paragon player
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...rs_to_quickly/

Loki is similar to Kallari (Paragon)

Last edited by BleuPrince; 01-31-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    Gems are earned by daily consecutive logins (6th day = 15 gems, 7th day = 35 gems). Also, Smite gets some events throughout the year that award gems for completing quests. Also, you can buy gems. It's the equivalent of Paragon coins.

Ragnarok is an event. Completing quests rewards you Favors, Enigma chest, or Fantary Points. If you bought the Ragnarok bundle, you can unlock an awesome chest after completing the requirements. 1 Awesome chest per bundle. There should be 2 more bundles coming.

Split pass season ticket rewards you Fantasy points for winning/losing matches. You earn more for winning.
    Sorry, I might need a little more explanation on some of those things.

What is a Fantasy Point, and what's it used for?
    What is inside Enigma/Awesome Chests?
    What's a "Bundle"?
    Zaodon
    Current main: Neith

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class

What's a "Bundle"?
    Bundles and Skins are generally purchased with Real money to unlock certain skins and stuff it can get pretty costly if playing RNG / Gambling boxes.

Fantasy Points are just another way of unlocking skins by buying a season pass, and voting for the Professional teams you think will win, or just buying the points themselves if there is a skin you like that you want to unlock.

Those box things are "RNG Boxes" they usually give you garbage, in other words if you have like 200 Gem Chest roll, and it has 60 items you usually have to roll all 60 rolls before you get the item you want so 200 x 60 = over $100 USD of GEMS.

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/fo...gon-is-closing

Smite may have a friendly community on the forums, but in Ranked especially you may encounter toxic players, players who don't call roles, players who abuse the report function and find yourself suspended without warning, the problem currently is that a lot of times people Don't call role in chat in ranked, and you get reported which leads to loss of good-will / suspension.

If you are just starting out playing Arena or other modes its a lot less toxic generally good people.

Excluding toxicity if Hi-Rez fixes this Smite is a great game, gods are awesome and I've been here since Smite first came out in BETA the game used to be a lot better than it is today excluding the number of trolls in Conquest Modes, but Hi-Rez has taken the wrong approach over the years to fix trhe game.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    I don't plan to play ranked. Mostly just Coop or casual PvP.
    Zaodon

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

What's a "Bundle"?
    Fantasy points are gained mostly from playing games. They advance you to various free rewards that require a certain number of fantasy points to get.

These rewards include chests/skins/etc.

Enigma/Awesome Chests contain voice packs, skins, emotes, etc.

Bundles are multiple items like exclusive skins, loading frames, and whatnot for one price.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Thanks for the explanations.

I am one of those rare players (over age 50) who, in all honesty, does not care one iota about skins, voice packs, emotes, etc. As long as my god operates the same as everyone else (i.e. as long as there isn't some material benefit to be had from paying money, aka "P2W"), then I really couldn't care less about all the cosmetics.

Are there any in-game ways to unlock gods, or just in the store?
    Zaodon

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Thanks for the explanations.

I am one of those rare players (over age 50) who, in all honesty, does not care one iota about skins, voice packs, emotes, etc. As long as my god operates the same as everyone else (i.e. as long as there isn't some material benefit to be had from paying money, aka "P2W"), then I really couldn't care less about all the cosmetics.

Are there any in-game ways to unlock gods, or just in the store?
    If you don't care about skins just buy the gods pack for $30 unlocks all gods.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    God pack will unlock all current and future gods. So that's a good deal. If you don't plan on getting the cosmetic items, then you are not really missing out on anything else.

If you decide to buy a few cosmetic items then each god's T1 recolor skin, mastery skins, emotes, certain avatars can be bought with favors you earn just for playing.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.